Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Well, I loved that they didn’t pull a heel-turn with Unveil.

Eye Boy: *shooting Apocalypse with bullets like a madman*

Apocalypse:

Pathetic.

Extraordinary Member

I really liked this issue. I'm not sure I totally believe Apocalypse, but it's a lot better than I thought it would be, especially with Seeley giving some fun commentary.

And also loved Apocalypse turning his hand into a fan.

best issue of the mini for sure
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Astonishing Member

I'm not sure if Apocalypse actually cares about Evan or if its all a ruse. Perhaps a combination of both?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    I'm not sure if Apocalypse actually cares about Evan or if its all a ruse. Perhaps a combination of both?
    I think he's definitely trying to save his own ass here. He probably does have some love for Evan, because who doesn't love Evan? But he also realizes that he needs help here.

So Apocalyse didn't care about any of his other kids like Holocaust/Genocide or descendants like the Clan Akkaba except for Evan who is literally just a copy of him?

That tracks

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    So Apocalyse didn't care about any of his other kids like Holocaust/Genocide or descendants like the Clan Akkaba except for Evan who is literally just a copy of him?

That tracks
    Odds are the clone is a weapon against Nate.

BANNED

That tracks
    I think the fact that Evan is a clone carries more weight to him, since it's a "nature vs nurture" thing, as stated by Remender himself back in Uncanny X-Force. How would you feel if you were raised on a bad environment and could see a version of you who grew on a better one? Evan might be that for Pooky.

Add to that the fact that Genocide has been dead for 3 years, Akkaba has currently no notable individual and it does make sense.

I kinda wish they touched the subject of Genocide. He was all sorts of messed up and could be explored more. But Magneto had to kill him and I'm pretty sure he was 12 years old when it happened.
    Last edited by PrezValentine; 07-10-2019 at 01:40 PM.

Extraordinary Member

That tracks
    Apocalypse never really met Genocide, did he?

And while Clan Akkaba is composed of his decendents, its not like he has had a close relationship with them for a while. They're sort of just replacement parts for him when he needs a new body.

With Evan, he has sort of been forced to just have a normal relationship with him for a few months. Apocalypse has really gotten to know Evan and bond with him, something he hasn't really done with anyone in a long time. Evan is a good kid and despite the fact that he's the clone of one of the worst people ever, he has managed to find friends, family, and something close to a relatively normal and happy life. Heck, he isn't exactly a push over when it comes to actually using his powers either.

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    That moment with Dazzler felt kind of like a rant, and I'm not sure if it was Pooky or Seeley speaking LMAO

Not that he was wrong, though. Dazzler would be a better character if they took a lesson from what he said there.
    I missed the rant. What'd he say about Dazzler?

Extraordinary Member

So did anyone here get an issue of this that had pages from the upcoming Loki series? I'm willing to give you my first born child for them.

Fantastic Member Chainsaw Vigilante's Avatar

Finale was lackluster to me, both art and storytelling felt inconsistent.
    Apocalypse shifting in looks from Gentlemanocalypse to classic Apocalypse from frame to frame. Apocalypse beating up his followers and mocking them only to shift back to a message of love pages later. The deus ex machina way they "stopped" Apocalypse (weird time fluctuations in the area somehow mean Kitty can time phase objects which somehow hurt Apocalypse even though he was regenerating his entire arm earlier which should mean he could make doubled organs if he needed them to survive which he never has), the X-Tracts (including ones with normal human durability) getting manhandled but somehow being ok a few panels later, etc. It's nice that the creators wanted to try something different with Apocalypse, but in the end it was like Lifebringer Galactus in that the execution just wasn't there. Colossus and Kitty never really showed enough of a reaction to Apocalypse telling them the truth about what happened between them in the real world either.

Quote Originally Posted by ohsnapulon5000 View Post
    I missed the rant. What'd he say about Dazzler?
    oof, He was a bitchy bitch.

Daz - Koff, Koff
    Apoc - ...and you Alison, you need sound to fuel your light, and what better sound than that of adoration and applause?. But the rest of the world loves the X-men over all, and you are not one of them. What choice did you have but to go underground? to find a new audience? to play the rebel?
    Daz - Shut up!
    Daz - An illusion.
    Apoc - No dearest Dazzler. The harsh light of truth

KROOM, right in the kisser!

So it looks like Age of X-Man Omega will do the ol' time switcheroo again and return them all to a point of origin, somewhere within the circle!

What if, (considering the Colossus and Kitty plot of this book) that they return to the wedding? making all of Uncanny, MMX and X-force moot!

Have the crazy bastards been stringin' us along the whole time, will we enter HOX/POX not knowing shit?

Ehhh,... so what happened?