Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Default Lois Lane and Jimmy Olsen solo books announced

Lois Lane and Jimmy Olsen are both getting their own books in June.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Fraction writing a DC book! I’m there. Would still love to see him relaunch the Legion of Superheroes after Doomsday Clock ends. But who knowns when the hell that’ll be.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

I mean, it's cool.....I guess....
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

I bet this means Fraction will be on the LoSH book, in whatever form it may take.

It's good to see Lois and Jimmy getting their own books .

Greg Rucka on a Lois book is pretty much a no-brainer. That should be pretty good.

It's cool they were able to make Fraction on a Jimmy book happen, and Steve Lieber on art gives me Superior Foes vibes. Probably going to be a really quirky book.

OK, sounds good, but what would the books be about exactly? Will it feature Superman/Clark Kent? Is it in continuity with the current books?

Seriously, what could a book about Jimmy Olsen be about? what kind of adventures can he have?

I accept my ignorance on this.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    OK, sounds good, but what would the books be about exactly? Will it feature Superman/Clark Kent? Is it in continuity with the current books?
    Yes, the Lois and Jimmy books are said in the solicits to be spinning out of events in the Leviathan special

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Yes, the Lois and Jimmy books are said in the solicits to be spinning out of events in the Leviathan special
    I've seen it announced, What is it?

Astonishing Member

There are no words to truly express the joy I feel at this news. I have been clamouring for a new Lois book for forever, I honestly didn't see it happening despite the little teases from Bendis.

whatever it is the book about.. I hope it's not about Lois having super powers, but about what she does best: being a great reporter and good role model.

BANNED

I've seen it announced, What is it?
    An 80 page one-shot. Pretty steep price too, about ten bucks

about what she does best: being a great reporter and good role model.
    That's exactly what it's about

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Well, this is indeed better than having them just flourish in Action. For all my recent pull list trouble, I'll absolutely go to bat for these. Bendis is a great friend.

Seriously, what could a book about Jimmy Olsen be about? what kind of adventures can he have?
    All of them, really.
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

whatever it is the book about.. I hope it's not about Lois having super powers, but about what she does best: being a great reporter and good role model.
    Lois really has access to all corners of the DCU. Rucka has written her really well before and is a great spy/mystery writer. For example, in his Adventures of Superman run back in the 2000's leading up to Infinite Crisis, Lois was shot while working as an embedded reporter in what was basically DC's Iraq stand in. She recovered and a subplot in the book was her investigating her own shooting. Took her to Batman, Wonder Woman, and eventually Checkmate. And these were just like two or three page subplots over the course of Superman's adventures. So the possibilities are pretty open for a Lois book. I expect a good mix of mystery and investigative reporting. I mean, it definitely should not be a superhero book and giving her powers would be incredibly boring.

And if you've never read Matt Fraction's Iron Fist or Hawkeye books for Marvel, you should (cause they are awesome) and can get a sense of what a Jimmy book could be from him. Kinda offbeat quirky adventures - like Jimmy dating a snake cultist for a story will probably be pretty tame. Or like his one off issue in All Star. The potential for both of these characters is so open.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    Well, this is indeed better than having them just flourish in Action. For all my recent pull list trouble, I'll absolutely go to bat for these. Bendis is a great friend.
    I'm wondering if its actually only one book split between Lois & Jimmy, the solict's wording could go that way.
    Last edited by Yoda; 02-18-2019 at 02:02 PM.

Astonishing Member

A writer worth his salt can certainly write Lois or Jimmy without resorting to giving them abilities. Just use the skill set they currently have to show the DCU side not often seen because we're so entrenched in super heroics and the like.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Looking from my phone the image quality isn't great. I'd think a split book would be pretty good business actually, but it would probably say a new ongoing series if so.

Regardless I'm quite interested in Rucka because his return to a character is usually a great indicator of personal enthusiasm.

But a book about Jimmy has so so much to play with.
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES