Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Any predictions for Absolute Carnage?

So with this event being teased heavily after issues such as Spider-man Immortal Hulk Fantastic Four what do you guys want to see and how do you see it ending? I want the main focus to be on Venom and Spider-Man as they have the most history with Carnage and I want them to take the lead, I want Miles to finally wear a symbiote I wanna see some crazy stuff as Carnage is a crazy character
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    So with this event being teased heavily after issues such as Spider-man Immortal Hulk Fantastic Four what do you guys want to see and how do you see it ending? I want the main focus to be on Venom and Spider-Man as they have the most history with Carnage and I want them to take the lead, I want Miles to finally wear a symbiote I wanna see some crazy stuff as Carnage is a crazy character
    According to the September 2019 solicits, you do get your wish on Miles finally wearing a symbiote . . . or as the case might be, the symbiote wearing him. That said, I do concur with your wishes.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

I do really like that they found a way to keep Carnage true to his "sadistic, anarchic" self and yet still drive him down a path where he's fighting as a near single entity for a "bigger picture."

I'm not sure exactly how I could see it ending, though I think probably be safe in saying what happens in it will really only be effecting the main Venom book, since that's essentially what this event is, just an expanded Venom arc.

Especially since it is so soon since the last time, I wonder if the Amazing Spider-Man tie-ins will have any direct connection to what happened in Go Down Swinging.

Somebody dabs, somebody dies, might even be the same person doing both, but the ASM tie-ins will definitely be important to ASM, fucking me over.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Elements from it will pop up in Marvel's Spider-Man: Maximum Venom because Cates is a consultant on the cartoon.

More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar

Cletus Kasady might actually get killed by Venom and the Carnage symbiote temporarily destroyed, or fully merge with Knull. I would not be surprised if Kasady does meld with Knull only to be mercilessly absorbed, seen only as food by the god. Also, I hope the Life Foundation symbiotes stick around and don't go into limbo as before.
    "I should describe my known nature as tripartite, my interests consisting of three parallel and disassociated groups; a) love of the strange and the fantastic, b) love of abstract truth and scientific logic, c) love of the ancient and the permanent. Sundry combinations of these strains will probably account for my...odd tastes, and eccentricities."

I predict that several more "anti hero" symbiote folks are going to be created and I'm going to be more ticked off than ever. Spider-Man probably won't get to be the person who really gets the final win in the end. Just another "barely survived" conflict.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    I predict that several more "anti hero" symbiote folks are going to be created and I'm going to be more ticked off than ever. Spider-Man probably won't get to be the person who really gets the final win in the end. Just another "barely survived" conflict.
    They'll milk what they can, like they always do

I've learned to stop caring about, at least, 80% of anything new Marvel tries. Very little of it is to my liking and more often than not, in my opinion, it's them milking an old concept. So, yeah, we'll get a crap ton of new symbiote stuff. Miles will probably get his own to match Spider-Gwen's since it's too hard to be original with these two :x

Damn tie-ins, too. I avoided WotR completely, and I'm sure as hell going to try to avoid this event, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    To be fair, this is a Venom story, so Spider-Man not being the primary focus or getting the final win isn't that big of a deal.

Honestly I wasn't even expecting him to be a part of the main story and just relegated to the tie-in, but based on the info and stuff we have seen, looks like both Peter and Miles will be getting a decent amount of supporting role in the story, which is something.

More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    To be fair, this is a Venom story, so Spider-Man not being the primary focus or getting the final win isn't that big of a deal.

Honestly I wasn't even expecting him to be a part of the main story and just relegated to the tie-in, but based on the info and stuff we have seen, looks like both Peter and Miles will be getting a decent amount of supporting role in the story, which is something.
    This. AC is not an exclusively Peter Parker story. Spider-Man will have an important role, but this has been set up to be a Venom story from the beginning. Also, in the previews, it's been shown that we're not seeing new symbiotes, but the return of old ones that have rarely gotten any substantial stories, such as the Life Foundation symbiotes.
    "I should describe my known nature as tripartite, my interests consisting of three parallel and disassociated groups; a) love of the strange and the fantastic, b) love of abstract truth and scientific logic, c) love of the ancient and the permanent. Sundry combinations of these strains will probably account for my...odd tastes, and eccentricities."

Amazing Member

I hope that the older characters they’re bringing back (Patricia Robertson, Scream and the Life Foundation symbiotes) get to play an actually important role. I hope there’s a good reason they’re bringing back those old elements of continuity. Venomverse sort of suffered from a lot of the Venoms playing second fiddle, and I hope that doesn’t happen here with the supporting characters. Sleepr and Mania should have a defined role going forward in the Venom book.

I’d also like to see some crazy art from Stegman and company. Hopefully Carnage evolves into some interesting forms, and we get to see Knull do some dope stuff.
    Last edited by Ultramorph; 07-08-2019 at 10:56 AM.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

I hope we cut down the many different symbiotes out there so we only have a few remaining. They need streamlining and what better way than having Carnage Hunt them down

Harry Osborn will die in Miles's tie-in and Spider-Man won't be able to protect Dylan from Carnage (maybe Carnage will turn Peter in one of his minions like Man-Wolf and Peter will kill Dylan and Harry), what which will resurrect Eddie's hatred for the Spidey.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo Strange View Post
    Harry Osborn will die in Miles's tie-in and Spider-Man won't be able to protect Dylan from Carnage (maybe Carnage will turn Peter in one of his minions like Man-Wolf and Peter will kill Dylan and Harry), what which will resurrect Eddie's hatred for the Spidey.
    oh thats very dark
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Nick Spencer is killing who came back to life (Ned, Kraven, Mysterio...), so Harry would be a obvious choice... and Venom already came back to hate Spidey because of the death of someone close to Eddie (Anne Weying).