Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    BANNED

I would see Eddie Brock dying and leaving the Venom Symbiote with his son. I mean come on it is a bit long overdue in a way.

The broad goals of Washington D.C. and Stegosaur's Venom are

A. Separate the Venom mythos from Spider-Man
    B. Establish Venom as a sci-fi/horror franchise
    C. Make Eduardo Brock a fully-fleshed out and complex character
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post

How do you think they're doing on those counts? That being asked, I think they're doing fairly well so far.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    How do you think they're doing on those counts? That being asked, I think they're doing fairly well so far.

More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ultramorph View Post
    I hope that the older characters they’re bringing back (Patricia Robertson, Scream and the Life Foundation symbiotes) get to play an actually important role. I hope there’s a good reason they’re bringing back those old elements of continuity. Venomverse sort of suffered from a lot of the Venoms playing second fiddle, and I hope that doesn’t happen here with the supporting characters. Sleepr and Mania should have a defined role going forward in the Venom book.

I’d also like to see some crazy art from Stegman and company. Hopefully Carnage evolves into some interesting forms, and we get to see Knull do some dope stuff.
    I totally agree. I hated when Patricia Robertson got fridged at the end of Venom Vol. 2 (in fact, we never truly got a satisfying ending to that story). I'd come around to just assume that when she and her pseudo-symbiote had melded with Eddie and the real Venom symbiote that she was eventually just absorbed into the Venom biomass. One person on the Venom reddit page suggested that the Mania symbiote was actually the fake symbiote separating from Venom. Now that Patricia is back, I hope she is kept around as Scream and doesn't disappear again after AC.
    "I should describe my known nature as tripartite, my interests consisting of three parallel and disassociated groups; a) love of the strange and the fantastic, b) love of abstract truth and scientific logic, c) love of the ancient and the permanent. Sundry combinations of these strains will probably account for my...odd tastes, and eccentricities."

I think Dylan might be an important piece of the puzzle. Let's not forget one of Maker's men took a blood sample from him just before we discovered he was Eddie's son. Maybe Dylan has some sort of symbiote ability, maybe he's a human/symbiote hybrid of some sort. Maybe that's why carnage is targeting him. Perhaps he has the most important codex, one that will bring Knull back.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Venomous Mask View Post
    I totally agree. I hated when Patricia Robertson got fridged at the end of Venom Vol. 2 (in fact, we never truly got a satisfying ending to that story). I'd come around to just assume that when she and her pseudo-symbiote had melded with Eddie and the real Venom symbiote that she was eventually just absorbed into the Venom biomass. One person on the Venom reddit page suggested that the Mania symbiote was actually the fake symbiote separating from Venom. Now that Patricia is back, I hope she is kept around as Scream and doesn't disappear again after AC.
    In regards to the bolded, that was definitely confirmed as the case, with the Venom symbiote having ejected the clone and the Hell Mark it had been gifted in the Circle of Four arc onto Andi.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by GSman View Post
    I think Dylan might be an important piece of the puzzle. Let's not forget one of Maker's men took a blood sample from him just before we discovered he was Eddie's son. Maybe Dylan has some sort of symbiote ability, maybe he's a human/symbiote hybrid of some sort. Maybe that's why carnage is targeting him. Perhaps he has the most important codex, one that will bring Knull back.
    i think you are right about Dylan cause there has to be another reason why Donny Cates decided to give Eddie a son and why Spider-Man has to protect him from Carnage by himself
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Incredible Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar

i wish my LCS would stock these action figure variants

More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    In regards to the bolded, that was definitely confirmed as the case, with the Venom symbiote having ejected the clone and the Hell Mark it had been gifted in the Circle of Four arc onto Andi.
    Didn't know that, but it makes sense. Right from the get go, the Mania symbiote was way more feral and carnivorous than Venom usually is, which fits how the clone would bond with people, suck them dry, and move on to the next host. Come to think of it, maybe it was ultimately a good thing for Andi that she lost the symbiote.

This needs to be an actual figure. I love this 'evil red Venom' look that AC Carnage got after absorbing Price's symbiote. As he absorbs more codices, I wonder what new kind of wacky and horrific mutations and powers he's going to acquire. Also, this bony look very much much reminds me of the wild, skeletal Carnage monsters from Secret Wars.

This just hypes me up even more for the story. We've already seen Carnage kill Lee Price, though I don't think anyone ever really liked him to begin with. Will we see more Spiders get axed? Major Marvel superheroes? This story looks like it's setting itself up to be a nastier version of Spiderverse.
    "I should describe my known nature as tripartite, my interests consisting of three parallel and disassociated groups; a) love of the strange and the fantastic, b) love of abstract truth and scientific logic, c) love of the ancient and the permanent. Sundry combinations of these strains will probably account for my...odd tastes, and eccentricities."

Quote Originally Posted by Venomous Mask View Post
    This just hypes me up even more for the story. We've already seen Carnage kill Lee Price, though I don't think anyone ever really liked him to begin with. Will we see more Spiders get axed? Major Marvel superheroes? This story looks like it's setting itself up to be a nastier version of Spiderverse.
    i need the official checklist of symbiote wearers
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

I would be very surprised if Knull and Carnage Manson weren't Hasbro Build-a-Figures.

Donny Cates responded to this question on Twitter recently, which is good because I had wondered this same thing, if the events of Venom Bomb from Bendis' Avengers would be referenced, which he said they won't because those technically weren't symbiotes, but instead a bio attack that resembled them.

So "every single person in New York" isn't on the checklist anymore. Although there's still Planet Of The Symbiotes, in which alot of New York got infected by them. Venomized is the only other wide scale symbiote spread story I can remember, and in that case it was only specific characters that got them, and not randos.

That's practically impossible in my opinion.

Especially when we're getting a Spider-Man cartoon that will be using Cates Venom concepts.