BANNED

Default Beast's Problems

Since the Silver Age, Beast has been defined by problems that he cannot solve.

From his scientific failures, I believe we can deduce the length of time that stories will take.

Beast failed to cure the Legacy Virus (mutant AIDS) from 1993-2001, when he eventually took credit for Mystique and Moira's cure (a cure that Kavita Rao would have come up with instead of him, if the other ladies hadn't discovered it) and, through his negligence, allowed Colossus to kill himself.

Then came the Decimation, which lasted from 2005-2013. The Scarlet Witch (an Avenger) committed genocide. There were millions and millions of mutants, and thanks to her there were only 198 left without the ability to perpetuate their species and unique mutant cultures. Make no mistake, this genocide lies entirely on the head of the witch who damned mutantdom. Beast committed himself to solving this problem. He failed.

Counting Beast's inability to transform himself back from his blue hairy ape form (1972, which he temporarily cured in 1986), we have an average of exactly 10 real-time years of failure-to-solve per insoluble scientific problem.

Q.E.D., we can deduce that the original five X-Men will be trapped in the real-time present of comics for approximately 10 years.

BANNED

Beast begins the first 10-year cycle.

Teenage Exorcist just another user's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by IdaqiBeauty View Post
    Beast begins the first 10-year cycle.

He was so hot then. <3 human Beast

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by just another user View Post
    He was so hot then. <3 human Beast
    He's always been hot.

Quote Originally Posted by IdaqiBeauty View Post
    Since the Silver Age, Beast has been defined by problems that he cannot solve.

From his scientific failures, I believe we can deduce the length of time that stories will take.

Beast failed to cure the Legacy Virus (mutant AIDS) from 1993-2001, when he eventually took credit for Mystique and Moira's cure (a cure that Kavita Rao would have come up with instead of him, if the other ladies hadn't discovered it) and, through his negligence, allowed Colossus to kill himself.

Then came the Decimation, which lasted from 2005-2013. The Scarlet Witch (an Avenger) committed genocide. There were millions and millions of mutants, and thanks to her there were only 198 left without the ability to perpetuate their species and unique mutant cultures. Make no mistake, this genocide lies entirely on the head of the witch who damned mutantdom. Beast committed himself to solving this problem. He failed.

Counting Beast's inability to transform himself back from his blue hairy ape form (1972, which he temporarily cured in 1986), we have an average of exactly 10 real-time years of failure-to-solve per insoluble scientific problem.

Q.E.D., we can deduce that the original five X-Men will be trapped in the real-time present of comics for approximately 10 years.

I wouldn't worry about any of this, I'm pretty sure that when the O5 go back, blue Beast will be a thing of the past and we'll be left with awesome human Beast. The next Beast won't have any failings or any troubles - he'll be perfect in every way...grrr...and have a massive thing for Jean Grey....

BANNED

Remember the time he fell in love with a mutated cat? That was my favorite Beast story.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Beezzi View Post
    I wouldn't worry about any of this, I'm pretty sure that when the O5 go back, blue Beast will be a thing of the past and we'll be left with awesome human Beast. The next Beast won't have any failings or any troubles - he'll be perfect in every way...grrr...and have a massive thing for Jean Grey....
    Well we are worried about it. The premise of the thread is that we can use past stories to predict the length of time till the 05 disease is cured.

Teenage Exorcist just another user's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beezzi View Post
    LOL at the idea they will ever go back. That isn't happening. Why would it?

Quote Originally Posted by Optic Rage! View Post
    Remember the time he fell in love with a mutated cat? That was my favorite Beast story.
    Yes, it was beautiful.

The calculations haven't allowed for the fact that there are two Beasts (Beasti?) working on the problem, surely this will result in a reduction it the time taken for a solution. I am however concerned that additional units of Beast will lead to an increase in the percentage chance of inadvertent genocide, still if it gets rid of the o5 it's probably for the best.