Default Superman vs. Silver Surfer

Rebirth Superman and 616 Norrin. Arena.

Not a traditional Rumble. More curious as to how the board views Clark these days in terms of physicality.

He and Norrin have to take turns punching each other in the jaw. Who drops first?
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Depends on what Rebirth Clark's durability feats are like I suppose.

I mean strength wise there seems to be the one especially oomphed out sequence people have been pointing to that to actually scrutinize doesn't necessarily fit into stuff, but he does also have all of NuSupes' strength feats given the merging, so, it's a guy with somewhere decently beyond planet moving strength punching the Surfer as is. Feels like Norrin should drop first.
    Last edited by Pendaran; 07-06-2019 at 03:26 PM.

Yea, Norrin might drop first. Though given how casually he wastes Class 100/Planet Buster types by punching them up, it's probably close regardless of who drops first.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Yea, Norrin might drop first. Though given how casually he wastes Class 100/Planet Buster types by punching them up, it's probably close regardless of who drops first.
    I wouldn't really see the beatdown the Surfer put on Bill as something NuSupes couldn't have also done.
    Last edited by Pendaran; 07-06-2019 at 04:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    Depends on what Rebirth Clark's durability feats are like I suppose.
    He walked (flew) off an exploding planet without a scratch

I mean strength wise there seems to be the one especially oomphed out sequence people have been pointing to that to actually scrutinize doesn't necessarily fit into stuff, but he does also have all of NuSupes' strength feats given the merging, so, it's a guy with somewhere decently beyond planet moving strength punching the Surfer as is. Feels like Norrin should drop first.
    Technically, by the latest official take on things Superman is the same since 1939,all feats count. It's the universe that's different

Or rather bad guys have tried to change the universe over the years, but Supes and co have only been affected by minor changes because they adapt to the threat each time. The universe is like a piece of putty, only the shape has been changing over the years..... it's all canon

https://i.postimg.cc/7PKzW9GR/image.jpg
    Last edited by The Dork Knight; 07-06-2019 at 09:13 PM.

That didn't actually put him back in 1939 though, would be my note. Like that part of the timeline still basically doesn't exist for Superman. Like the Golden Age stuff seems to have specifically not happened in order to impact the JSA, etc. I'm leery on using Doomsday Clock to say "this is pre crisis Superman" now, when it's not even over. Particularly when in the comics he basically has that one sequence that would approach it, and the tail end of it involved some powerups.

I'm cool to grant Rebirth Supes all his Nu showings, anything else feels like a stretch.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    That didn't actually put him back in 1939 though, would be my note. Like that part of the timeline still basically doesn't exist for Superman. Like the Golden Age stuff seems to have specifically not happened in order to impact the JSA, etc. I'm leery on using Doomsday Clock to say "this is pre crisis Superman" now, when it's not even over. Particularly when in the comics he basically has that one sequence that would approach it, and the tail end of it involved some powerups.

I'm cool to grant Rebirth Supes all his Nu showings, anything else feels like a stretch.
    Yeah nu52, complete with the collar suit and Morrison jeans era is explicitly canon now

I was more pointing out DC's current take to resolve continuity issues seems to be "everything is canon, just people tried to change stuff ", although for the current Rebirth timeline it's basically post COIE events minus the Byrne stuff as far as I can tell

Quote Originally Posted by The Dork Knight View Post
    Yeah nu52, complete with the collar suit and Morrison jeans era is explicitly canon now

I was more pointing out DC's current take to resolve continuity issues seems to be "everything is canon, just people tried to change stuff ", although for the current Rebirth timeline it's basically post COIE events minus the Byrne stuff as far as I can tell
    Which is something of a mess, that take, but that's what you get when you try to blame all your terrible writing and editorial decisions no one liked on Alan Moore having somehow mind controlled you to do all that.
    Last edited by Pendaran; 07-06-2019 at 10:40 PM.

Like Doomsday Clock is taking the scene at the end of The Warriors where Luther is whining "no... no.. it wasn't us.. it was them.. the Warriors!" and writing a 12 issue miniseries ;p

*plays In The City as Alan Moore walks away from comic books into the sunrise horizon on a beach or something*

You have such a way with words :P
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

That's one step closer to Denny's pal ;p

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

You are simply lying to yourself if you think he's not camped out there right now, Grand Slam after Grand Slam.

I mean, it's OK, we still love you Arby. Really.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by nisargshah View Post
    Besides, Silver Surfer would need to fight in space to have his advantage, and in there you can't absorb Superman because the sun energy goes directly to him. ... In fact, Silver Surfer has never defeated Thor, while Thor has actually 4 wins ahead.
    Whoa are you saying Superman beats surfer?

In fact, what "advantage"?
    And surfer could just hit Superman with red sunlight

Quote Originally Posted by nisargshah View Post
    No....

i am not saying that Superman can beat surfer or not . these is just my point of view.
    and advantages like surfer can read minds , he can regenerate himself, he can trap living matter in his board and destroy it, he can even live in black hole....
    if surfer wants to use this all advantages at level best he need to give a fight in space.
    Not necessarily. Aside from the fact that rules here on this board default to the arena, why exactly would he need to go to space to read a mind, regenerate, trap in a board or use a black hole? He can do all of that just fine in the arena

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Exactly, and more specifically it's noted in the OP that he's in Khazan's Arena. If he wants to make a black hole in the middle of it, no worries.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate