Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

Default The Hokuto Brothers vs The Tournament of Power

Raoh, Kenshiro, and Toki get their base stats and destructive power upgraded to be roughly even with Piccolo's, though their relative differences remain (i.e. Raoh is still stronger than Toki etc). They replace Master Roshi, Tien, and Piccolo. Musou Tensei is go for everything it does except intangibility, and Toki gets his body fixed by a senzu bean before the fight. They have a two hour barbeque meet and greet with the rest of the DBS cast before the tournament. From there, three scenarios:

1. As above. They just have to deal with the "no killing" clause and that's that.

2. As 1, but all aspects of Musou Tensei are go.

3. As 1, but Zeno wants to see more pressure points so he changes the rules to allow each brother two kills. People killed by Hokuto techniques will respawn as spectators.

Does it go better? Worse? What kinds of interactions do they have in the tournament? If by sheer chance one of them is the last one standing, what are the odds they'll make the right wish? The replaced members are completely absent
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Ummm... their comparative lack of beam firepower is going to be a problem. Forever, they are going to have the advantage in melee with pretty much anyone with sufficiently human physiology.

That said, this kind of hinges on how effective pressure points are going to be on aliens and non human opponents, of which there are many. Generally it should be pretty effective but there's a question as to how much.

Then again, Kenshiro does have his actual phase fist, which is non lethal and that could get an awful lot of people.

Toki is a big question mark. He's meant to be arguably the strongest brother even when riddled with radiation poisoning and having spent multiple years chained up in a dungeon. We genuinely don't know how powerful he is capable of being at full health. Raoh seemed to think that prime Toki could have beaten him without even using power kung fu, just with his fist of softness, but Kenshiro went on to beat Raoh anyway and, through his power ups in Shura, became allegedly far stronger than either of his brothers.

So weirdly Raoh might be the weakest of the trio in this scenario.

Also, small aside, I went and flipped through the Raoh/Toki fight in the manga and there's a bit where Raoh reveals that there is Hokuto Shinken technique that allows the user to always counter attack their opponents without actually thinking which isn't too dissimilar to Ultra Instinct.

Yeah, I recall that technique actually. They're definitely both themed as a move-without-thought situational awareness thing, but Ultra Instinct seems intended to take to the level of like divine perspective, a bit more like Musou Tensei (it certainly seemed to have some visual references snuck in there) to the extent that a lot of things just flat out stopped mattering to Goku when he hit that state and he pulled off a few inexplicable things. To be honest, I kind of really didn't like how things were presented with Whis teaching Goku and Vegeta the no-mind stuff as if they'd never heard of it before. They're both just way too experienced to not be familiar with the concepts he was talking about through personal experience if not training. It comes off as being way too far into their careers for the concept to be that revolutionary, and then Ultra Instinct is obviously so far beyond just being that.

My thoughts on pressure points are that they probably work on anything biological with two arms and two legs, except for possibly Namekians because Namekians have pretty demonstrably weird physiology. I expect them to fall short in a few places but work in most. Kenshiro, of course, has demonstrated that he can figure out the pressure points of someone with messed up anatomy, so that's on the table for him too.

It might be interesting to get Ken matched up against brute-mode Kale. Much as she's way way more powerful than what I've given him here, wildly fluctuating power is a proven disadvantage against Ken, as Raoh found out. I dunno that I think he'd WIN, but I think it might be cool to see.

I feel like Ken passed Toki's potential when he unlocked the super ultimate hidden secret of all Hokuto. I also kind of feel like while Toki was sort of Ryuken's ideal inheritor, there's a reasonable bit of hinting that Ken was always the one with the most potential.
    Last edited by BitVyper; 07-07-2019 at 03:19 AM.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Their big issue is that, with base stats equal to Piccolo, they are waaaaaaaaay too slow to do anything but die next to the fastest of the foes here.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Their big issue is that, with base stats equal to Piccolo, they are waaaaaaaaay too slow to do anything but die next to the fastest of the foes here.
    There's an argument, I stress that it's not a very good one, to be made for them being able to use Raibo Shinkyaku to enhance their speed to beyond Piccolo levels but I have no idea how fast using that technique would make them.

In canon it's the a jump from casual bullet timer to said casual bullet timers are functionally statues to the user.

Like I said, this is not a good or particularly viable argument to my mind but since we're granting them grisly inflated physical stats anyway, might as well get into the weeds a bit.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    There's an argument, I stress that it's not a very good one, to be made for them being able to use Raibo Shinkyaku to enhance their speed to beyond Piccolo levels but I have no idea how fast using that technique would make them.

In canon it's the a jump from casual bullet timer to said casual bullet timers are functionally statues to the user.

Like I said, this is not a good or particularly viable argument to my mind but since we're granting them grisly inflated physical stats anyway, might as well get into the weeds a bit.
    And while that's true as well (and you are FAR better versed in Ken lore than I), it still requires conscious thought to activate. Something that, without PIS or CIS, they just don't have here.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    And while that's true as well (and you are FAR better versed in Ken lore than I), it still requires conscious thought to activate. Something that, without PIS or CIS, they just don't have here.
    Well it's the tournament of power, not a bloodlusted Khazan match, so they're not instantly facing off with the strongest fighters, so they should have a chance for activation type stuff. Speed in ToP was a bit weird too, since IIRC, only a few characters really had their speeds really explicitly held up against each other.

Really though, I doubt they can replace the stars, but there's a lot of other relevant fights happening, especially since Krillin now isn't around to give 18 a love power up.
    Last edited by BitVyper; 07-07-2019 at 03:16 PM.