Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Is anyone exclusively digital for new comics?

Anyone move exclusively to digital subscriptions of new comics?

I don't have subscriptions, but yes, I have gone exclusively digital.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

I'd prefer floppies but I'm exclusively digital for new comics. I buy the trades of the ones I really enjoy once a year or so.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Boisterously Confused

Yes. Solves a ton of storage issues.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Bingo.
    Anyone who's ever had to move to a new place with their comic collection can also appreciate the benefits of digital comics.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Are you able to save your purchased digital copies to your own personal drive? Or does it require that everything is saved on whatever site's platform?

Quote Originally Posted by tib2d2 View Post
    Are you able to save your purchased digital copies to your own personal drive? Or does it require that everything is saved on whatever site's platform?
    With Comixology, you can download as much as you can store. The only reason I don't keep copies of everything is that my tablet only has 32Gb storage.

I suppose I could download them to my PC, but as I only read digital comics on my tablet (pretty much what I bought it for) I don't really see the point.

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

Just about exclusive, yeah. Between Comixology/Amazon, and humble bundles I'd say 95% of comics I've purchased in the past 5 years have been digital. Granted that was largely out of ease, was living in a small town hours away from any comic or book store. Living in a larger area now, so I'll pick up a physical floppy once a month or so.

Oh, and to answer the OP:

I was subscribed digitally to Mister Miracle and Batman, the only two comics I was buying in singles as they came out, but Mister Miracle is done, and the geniuses at Comixology decided that my Batman subscription extended to Batman: Secret Files as well. So now I'll just wait for the digital trades of Batman to go on sale, like I do with everything else I'm getting digitally.

Quote Originally Posted by Personamanx View Post
    Just about exclusive, yeah. Between Comixology/Amazon, and humble bundles I'd say 95% of comics I've purchased in the past 5 years have been digital. Granted that was largely out of ease, was living in a small town hours away from any comic or book store. Living in a larger area now, so I'll pick up a physical floppy once a month or so.
    I'm in a similar situation. I can only get to a decent comic shop a couple times a year to pick up a stack of tpbs/HCs, so everything else I read is digital, either through Marvel Unlimited, or when Comixology has stuff on sale (which is practically always).

Been exclusively digital over 10+ years now. Nothing could get me back to floppies. I store only my absolute favorite collections. Everything else is deleted after reading. Most modern comics are garbage & not worth remembering.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    The exact reason I went digital years back. Nothing against floppies, but living in an apartment I just had no room without throwing old ones out.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

digital for single issues

TPB's for stuff I really love.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Absolutely. New (the few that I buy) and back issues. Comics look great on my Fire10.

Just about exclusively digital.

But I don’t buy new comics anymore.

For amount I read I can’t see the point, I’m certainly not been interested in latest “special event” at anytime in last 20 years.

Primarily I just look at comiXology weekly sales, and buy from time to time. In this weeks sale, noticed Peter David Aquaman extended to almost 50 issues..thought it was much shorter than that. Will most likely buy that...and would be surprised if I don’t enjoy that much more than latest “must read” new comics.