Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Amazing Member

Default Heroes in Crisis ending, who else liked it?

I avoided it based on bad reviews, just read it this weekend. Some stuff bugged me, like: If speed force can do that, why hasn't Professor Zoom ever tried it? But Wally all messed up, Boosters weird way of fixing it, that stuff all worked for me. Booster & Beetle, those guys guys carried it, Batman & Flash, maybe WW & Supes a little, came off in the series as slightly incompetent, but the complaints I kept reading about? Not.

Spectacular Member

oh wally you're feeling alone? let us put you in solitary confinement where you'll feel even more alone.

Amazing Member

Wally went through some bad stuff and lost his way, and if he can't control the speed force, solitairy is the only option. But that's not my focus, the overall story wrap-up, I liked the art, the layout, the plot, Booster's birthday party last year ( hell, yeah!), I see more than Wally losing some part of himself.

Well, the art was great at least.

Fantastic Member

Tried to like it, but was sorely disappointed. Personally thought it was too convoluted and to drag a beloved A-list character through the mud' just for poor plotting. King lost my respect. It was bad. Only going to complete his Batman 'run' because invested so much in it already. Started strong, but now, oh' dear.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Well, the art was great at least.
    Yeah, the art was great.

Only positive I can say; it had good art. Otherwise, I wish it never took place.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

It can be hard to tell, but I think you would be in the minority there mate.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

I was disappointed in the final issue and wished something more might have tied it all up in a better way, but I appreciated the series as a whole and I didn't have any of the issues that so many did with it. Married Guy is right though. OP and I are definitely in the minority. There's a lot of hate for HiC and a significant amount of hate for King's Batman here too.

As someone that absolutely loves his Batman it can be a drag to visit the Batman forum here. But I believe any opinion about any piece of art is not just valid but correct, because art is an inherently subjective experience. There's probably even someone out there that liked or loved Cry for Justice and, if so, I've certainly rained on their parade. All's fair in love and war and comics.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Well, I liked that it ended, does that count?
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

I don’t know if it’s already been mentioned but the art was great.

Incredible Member blunt_eastwood's Avatar

But what did you guys think about the art?

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Says something when no one wants to mention the "writing".

Especially in context of the thread which is how you liked it.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Spectacular Member

From what I've seen of his work at Marvel with Vision, and at DC on Mister Miracle, Batman and Heroes In Crisis, it feels like Tom King is working through a host of mental issues and making people pay to watch. I didn't buy Heroes In Crisis because I don't by Event Comics any more and from what I saw of this one nothing has altered my opinion on that score.

On the other hand, the art looked great...

I could have lived with the Brand New Speed Force Thing, I could have lived with Wally's momentary lapse of himself and being the culprit behind all the deaths... as a longtime Wally fan I wouldn't have liked it, but I could live with it.

But the cover-up, man. What the hell was that, DC.