Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by maninthemacintosh1606 View Post
    Why was/what was the reasoning behind why Poison Ivy the one resurrected again?
    Because she gives people resURRECTION ? hehhee

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

It didn't need to be as long as it was; there was a lot of faffing about which really convoluted the plot. It could have been an amazing tight 3 issue Black Label series.

I'm glad someone got something out of it. I liked it like I like getting dental fillings.

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    It was selling like 70K an issue, so not a total flop.
    It’s definitely a flop by EVENT standards.

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    In-story, I imagine it was due to her connection with the Green and some part of her living on in that rose that Harley took from her in #2. But it's never explained.

Out-of-story, I think there were several contributing factors. The team planning the book needed some way to motivate Harley, but they didn't want to give up having Ivy around (even though DC hardly use her). I also think King had this idea of rehabilitating Ivy throughout his run at DC, and thought this could be a good way to seal the deal for a more heroic Ivy. I also think they wanted someone suitable innocent and passive person that Wally could confess to.

Except that modern villanous Ivy has been built on the premise of being a victim of violence from men against herself and against nature. Having her become better by being killed by a man and then being resurrected as some form of empty slate just stinks.

I agree totally - and yep those out-of-story reasons sound right. I was genuinely asking about the in-story reason because I didn't really want to go and read it again and I couldn't remember if there was an actual explanation, I had a suspicion it was not really elaborated on and, eh, unfortunately that feeling was correct?

I wanted to like it because I honestly like the idea of Sanctuary and the Titans fan in me loved seeing all of those characters that I hadn't seen since before Flashpoint...only to find out that those characters were all there to be killed off by another beloved Titan because he couldn't handle the totally outrageous idea that he's not the only superhero who needs therapy.

If you're a fan of Wally, the Teen Titans, the Trinity, or DC Rebirth as a whole, this book gives you absolutely nothing to enjoy. You'll just be pissed.

This whole event is literally just identity crisis, cranked up to 11.
    Last edited by Blue22; 02-02-2020 at 08:44 AM.

They use time travel to get wally out of it ( ok only part of it ) but they didnt bother to save the other heroes ? meh

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    It was selling like 70K an issue, so not a total flop.
    I'm trying hard to be neutral about this one as I don't think I've hated a story more.
    Does anyone have any figures to support or disprove??
    That is issues ordered not sold to people.

That 70K means that there are plenty of copies unsold at various stores. Just like every other book that boasts a number like it or higher.

If it was doing horrible the amount of issue sold to shops would go down by a lot, Shops are pretty smart about ordering stuff which is why Captain Marvel can go from issue 1 90k to issue 2 30k.
    Cap Marvel stars a female and we know a LOT of places hate that any book starring a female not named Wonder Woman, Supergirl, Catwoman, Buffy or from Dynamite Comics has any business existing.

This was a book starring someone who held a book for 200+ issues. Along with Harley & Booster Gold. Not to mention the creative team.
    Also because this was a long mini series-a store could defend the orders by thinking more folks would jump on and go for the back issues later. See X-men & Doomsday Clock.

That's my question though. DID the vast majority hate it??
    These boards were EXTREMELY negative, (deservedly so IMO) but are we the majority??
    For folks who are NOT fully invested and don't know the back story-this is a normal story to them.

BANNED

I enjoyed the anger it gave people.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    For folks who are NOT fully invested and don't know the back story-this is a normal story to them.
    But I think even then the story is at best kind of boring, and you need imo very knowledgeable about DC characters, to understand all the confessions, since a lot of these characters are very obscure.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    But I think even then the story is at best kind of boring, and you need imo very knowledgeable about DC characters, to understand all the confessions, since a lot of these characters are very obscure.
    Plus it was convoluted and confusing as a month-to-month read. You would pick up an issue and go, 'OK I have no idea what this is supposed to be saying or what is going on here, but I'm sure it will make sense next month', only for the next issue to continue without clearing up anything. There wasn't much rhyme or reason to the choices being made story-wise, at least that is how it felt reading it... The art carried a lot with this

Quote Originally Posted by MrBlondey View Post
    I avoided it based on bad reviews, just read it this weekend. Some stuff bugged me, like: If speed force can do that, why hasn't Professor Zoom ever tried it? But Wally all messed up, Boosters weird way of fixing it, that stuff all worked for me. Booster & Beetle, those guys guys carried it, Batman & Flash, maybe WW & Supes a little, came off in the series as slightly incompetent, but the complaints I kept reading about? Not.
    You are very kind to Supes, Bats, and WoWo by using appear and slightly. The three of them--together, no less--were run through by Harley. I really don't think anyone is home at DC despite the lights being on. I am still reeling from the cosmic door knob and the invasion from --wait for it-- oceans of outer space.
    8^o

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    You are very kind to Supes, Bats, and WoWo by using appear and slightly. The three of them--together, no less--were run through by Harley. I really don't think anyone is home at DC despite the lights being on. I am still reeling from the cosmic door knob and the invasion from --wait for it-- oceans of outer space.
    8^o
    I feel like this whole Harley thing DC is on these days will be looked back on in the future with less than favourable views...

Extraordinary Member

I once had a tooth pulled, it was long and difficult and painful to the extent I was shaking so much the dentist made me stay for a while. I still had more fun with that than I did reading this thing. The tooth pull had a better plot, didn't punk the dentist or me, and had better editing. The comic book had better art though...

I enjoyed that Harley was a pie girl. Totally would have called that.

Otherwise ... pretty unsolid story that did nothing good to any of the characters, was confusing and pointless. It made the most innocent, family-friendly Flash into a criminal. Worst story of 2019 for me.
    Last edited by Scott Taylor; 02-04-2020 at 05:27 PM.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.