Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Amazing Member

Default Heroes in Crisis ending, who else liked it?

I avoided it based on bad reviews, just read it this weekend. Some stuff bugged me, like: If speed force can do that, why hasn't Professor Zoom ever tried it? But Wally all messed up, Boosters weird way of fixing it, that stuff all worked for me. Booster & Beetle, those guys guys carried it, Batman & Flash, maybe WW & Supes a little, came off in the series as slightly incompetent, but the complaints I kept reading about? Not.

Spectacular Member

oh wally you're feeling alone? let us put you in solitary confinement where you'll feel even more alone.

Amazing Member

Wally went through some bad stuff and lost his way, and if he can't control the speed force, solitairy is the only option. But that's not my focus, the overall story wrap-up, I liked the art, the layout, the plot, Booster's birthday party last year ( hell, yeah!), I see more than Wally losing some part of himself.

Well, the art was great at least.

Fantastic Member

Tried to like it, but was sorely disappointed. Personally thought it was too convoluted and to drag a beloved A-list character through the mud' just for poor plotting. King lost my respect. It was bad. Only going to complete his Batman 'run' because invested so much in it already. Started strong, but now, oh' dear.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Yeah, the art was great.

Only positive I can say; it had good art. Otherwise, I wish it never took place.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    The art was good in Cry for Justice as well. It didn't stop it from being a piece of ****.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    The art was good in Cry for Justice as well. It didn't stop it from being a piece of ****.
    Did you see me saying otherwise? I merely pointed out the book was at least nice to look at.

Everything about it was a drag. Completely, absolutely terrible in every way. So bad it made the art bad, too.

Quote Originally Posted by deadman322 View Post
    oh wally you're feeling alone? let us put you in solitary confinement where you'll feel even more alone.
    Good summary.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Amazing Member

I guess it's neat that you care so much about a fictional character, DC must have done something right. No love for the finale, cepts fer tha art. A little surprised, but I get nothing out of being in the majority, Thanks for responding!

Quote Originally Posted by MrBlondey View Post
    I avoided it based on bad reviews, just read it this weekend. Some stuff bugged me, like: If speed force can do that, why hasn't Professor Zoom ever tried it? But Wally all messed up, Boosters weird way of fixing it, that stuff all worked for me. Booster & Beetle, those guys guys carried it, Batman & Flash, maybe WW & Supes a little, came off in the series as slightly incompetent, but the complaints I kept reading about? Not.
    You are very kind to Supes, Bats, and WoWo by using appear and slightly. The three of them--together, no less--were run through by Harley. I really don't think anyone is home at DC despite the lights being on. I am still reeling from the cosmic door knob and the invasion from --wait for it-- oceans of outer space.
    8^o

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    You are very kind to Supes, Bats, and WoWo by using appear and slightly. The three of them--together, no less--were run through by Harley. I really don't think anyone is home at DC despite the lights being on. I am still reeling from the cosmic door knob and the invasion from --wait for it-- oceans of outer space.
    8^o
    I feel like this whole Harley thing DC is on these days will be looked back on in the future with less than favourable views...

Extraordinary Member

I once had a tooth pulled, it was long and difficult and painful to the extent I was shaking so much the dentist made me stay for a while. I still had more fun with that than I did reading this thing. The tooth pull had a better plot, didn't punk the dentist or me, and had better editing. The comic book had better art though...

I enjoyed that Harley was a pie girl. Totally would have called that.

Otherwise ... pretty unsolid story that did nothing good to any of the characters, was confusing and pointless. It made the most innocent, family-friendly Flash into a criminal. Worst story of 2019 for me.
    Last edited by Scott Taylor; 02-04-2020 at 05:27 PM.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.