Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    What we were shown on-camera was, IIRC, one character (Lagoon Boy) getting grossly inappropriate treatment and not improving, and then Wally West who had a breakdown that caused the death of most of the patients.

The comic does say that the facility helped other heroes, but it never manages to show it. So what we see on-camera—and that matters much more than what we are simply told in asides—is 50% ineffective treatment, and 50% treatment with horrendous results. And the breakdown is directly tied to the treatment.

I'm hoping that you can continue to become better, and I can understand you have a different perspective of mental health than I do, and I'm glad if you found things about "Heroes in Crisis" that resonated with you. But to me, it felt like it further piled stigma onto people struggling with PTSD and other forms of mental health issues.
    Fair enough. I mean I enjoyed the read and wasnt offended that mental health was portrayed in a comic bookie fashion...

I mean Mister Mircle was portraying mental health and I was more bothered how a god like big barda complained about her height a couple times lol...

Also are you bothered that Arkham asylum..
    And batman's entire rogue gallery portray mental health so demented and twisted in of course none of them are ever helped or improve...?

And that's like every batman comic ever...

Now we're getting off-topic here, but when it comes to Arkham and Batman they get three passes from me that "Heroes in Crisis" didn't. One is that Arkham is rooted in gothic horror. Another is the grandfather clause, since they've been around for so long. Third is that I don't read Batman.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    Now we're getting off-topic here, but when it comes to Arkham and Batman they get three passes from me that "Heroes in Crisis" didn't. One is that Arkham is rooted in gothic horror. Another is the grandfather clause, since they've been around for so long. Third is that I don't read Batman.
    Well your entitled to love or hate any book for any reason...

Heroes in Crisis is by no means the best or worst thing.

It was an enjoyable light read for me.