Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default What defines X-Men?

I'm curious. There are many different elements to the franchise. If you had to say "this is what X-Men is," what would be your definition?
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    I'm curious. There are many different elements to the franchise. If you had to say "this is what X-Men is," what would be your definition?
    family and community standing together in the face of oppression and prejudice

A group of people hated simply for being born different. A group of people that has to carry the burden of other people's fear on their shoulder before even given a chance to find out what living means. A group of people who always have to be kinder than, better than, smarter than, more reservered than, and more meek than others as not to make waves. A group of people who will be told that their search for happiness will always come at the expense of the happiness of others. A group that despite all of that still wants to be loved and accepted and help.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Mighty Member

Having children without never actually getting pregnant.

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

I think what defines X-men is a group or a individual that believes Prof X. dream, but have different routes of accomplishing it. X-men also are a family that believes in a idea that they can help to make the world better for humans and mutants.The family aspect is crucial. As a group that started off as a small team grew into a movement. I', interested in where this can go.

I would define them as someone who are born with superpowers due to a genetic mutation. Because of that, they share a bond that other superhumans usually don't have. Fantastic Four has something similar since they were all created in the same incident.
    I wish it was the sense of belonging with someone just like yourself, even if the powers were different, that was one of the driving forces in the comic. Instead of what it is today, where mutants and non-mutants are at war with each others because of the differences caused by a tiny genetic mutation. It becomes tiresome in the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    Having children without never actually getting pregnant.
    haha, that's actually a pretty good comment. How many kids does Logan have anyway that mysteriously appear out of nowhere.

I would say Rachel, but they actually did show her as a baby in the 811 universe, she was actually born to 811 Scott and Jean, just not the 616 Jean and Scott.

Found family.
    Metaphor for marginalized identity.
    Horny.

harvesting the children for the coming wars
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

BANNED

Some would say "Xavier's bodyguards".

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    haha, that's actually a pretty good comment. How many kids does Logan have anyway that mysteriously appear out of nowhere.

I would say Rachel, but they actually did show her as a baby in the 811 universe, she was actually born to 811 Scott and Jean, just not the 616 Jean and Scott.
    It was either that comment or "sucking at parenting." Seriously, how many evil kids to the X-Men have?

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    It was either that comment or "sucking at parenting." Seriously, how many evil kids to the X-Men have?
    Lol, even Rachel has an alternate evil kid, Hyperstorm!

Extraordinary Member

A lack of serious character development and gimmicky event storylines? Just waiting for Age of Logan...the alternate universe where all mutants have Logan's powers.

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Perhaps Marvel's most realistic showcase on what would happen if superheroes existed in the real world and the burdens and responsibilities that come with that in wanting to have the world be in a better place, even if it isn't as quick to understand you back.

Fantastic Member mikelmcknight72's Avatar

Fighting to protect a world that fears and hates them, working towards a day when humans and mutants live and work together in peace and friendship.