Generation X was probably my favorite series when I first started trying out some X-Men novels, and while all three were pretty solid stories, the first one really landed strongest, I think, because Lobdell co-wrote it. Really didn't miss a beat from the comics.

Crossroads was probably my second favorite, with Genegoths bringing up the rear.

It's always strange to me that Marvel doesn't produce more novelizations. I'd love to see some defunct series like X-Men Evolution get the novelization series treatment. But that's probably a random request. haha

Either way, with as big as fan fiction is...I'm surprised Marvel doesn't do more with their books. I guess if I have one main gripe about the X-books in general, it would be that nothing of any real consequence can happen to the main characters. Which means they usually have to create new side characters in the books (which they often do) which then are the ones used as fodder for real consequence and impact.

That's why I think it'd be interesting for them to have a novel series that is *just* the novel series, like they do with the films. Surprised they've never done it before.

Anyway -- what's your favorite X-novel?

image1 (10).jpg