Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    If you are already subscribed yes it will be there forever
    Ok so its not a rental. You basicaly pay 30bucks to have access to it earlier then anyone with disney plus who isnt.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Ok so its not a rental. You basicaly pay 30bucks to have access to it earlier then anyone with disney plus who isnt.
    What a ripoff.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

BANNED

A disappointing thing to have the movie head to Disney Plus. Fingers crossed it is going to be the best Disney live action but these are dark times. Disney had no choice. What I would like to know is why Disney are still dragging out Black Widow and New Mutants.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    A disappointing thing to have the movie head to Disney Plus. Fingers crossed it is going to be the best Disney live action but these are dark times. Disney had no choice. What I would like to know is why Disney are still dragging out Black Widow and New Mutants.
    are they really dragging out New Mutants? I know they will protect Black Window until they can't but i don't think they care about Fox movies.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    are they really dragging out New Mutants? I know they will protect Black Window until they can't but i don't think they care about Fox movies.
    If they don't care they should send it to plus. I would have put my bets on Mulan making more money than Black Widow. Mulan is more family friendly and ''another film cartoon gone live action''. Despite the reception of the live action remakes. Aladdin, Beauty and the Beast, Lion King. They make money.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    If they don't care they should send it to plus. I would have put my bets on Mulan making more money than Black Widow. Mulan is more family friendly and ''another film cartoon gone live action''. Despite the reception of the live action remakes. Aladdin, Beauty and the Beast, Lion King. They make money.
    I don't have a cite, but I've heard references that:

1. As part of the merger, all completed Fox movies are required to get a theatrical release.
    2. HBO has the initial streaming rights for New Mutants.

So New Mutants hitting Disney + is not something that's happening anytime soon.

Yeah hbo max has new mutants rights.

Reviews are mixed. Some loved it and some really really hated it.

It does have 80 on rt. Some say it great to watch but other are tearing it apart!

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainme...rus%20outbreak.

Here is angry joes review "I cared more for the witch then mulan." "It's painful to watch and get through." Ouch!

So the reviews are mixed.

Extraordinary Member

The things I've been hearing are that it's yet another live action remake that plays it safe, which is pretty disappointing considering that this is the one everyone was expecting to really push boundaries and stand out.

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    The things I've been hearing are that it's yet another live action remake that plays it safe, which is pretty disappointing considering that this is the one everyone was expecting to really push boundaries and stand out.
    Which is kind of surprising considering they apparently took out some of the more recognizable elements from the Disney version (namely Mushu).

Astonishing Member

Also considering they wrote it for China as much as they did the US, there was no way they were going to be very edgy and/or have crazy plot twists.

I thought it was alright. A decent watch. It lacked a lot of the emotion of the cartoon film and Mulan herself didn’t have much personality. Some nice action sequences and it was beautifully filmed, I thought it was better than the beauty and the beast live action (that’s not saying much).

Watched Doug Walker's review (also does Nostalgia Critic, but this was 100% him without the persona), and he hated it like the other Disney remakes. And the ones I've watched, I agreed with him on.

You know, if Disney would actually do remakes of films that need a do-over, I would understand this. But remaking films that were already widely loved, and often at far inferior quality, is a pain to deal with.

So, they've already remade most of the Disney Renaissance films. But not Hercules, Little Mermaid (yet), Pocahontas (honestly, this one could do with a remake, overall), Rescuers, and Tarzan.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Watched Doug Walker's review (also does Nostalgia Critic, but this was 100% him without the persona), and he hated it like the other Disney remakes. And the ones I've watched, I agreed with him on.

You know, if Disney would actually do remakes of films that need a do-over, I would understand this. But remaking films that were already widely loved, and often at far inferior quality, is a pain to deal with.

So, they've already remade most of the Disney Renaissance films. But not Hercules, Little Mermaid (yet), Pocahontas (honestly, this one could do with a remake, overall), Rescuers, and Tarzan.
    Hunchback as well, though i just don't see that version working in life action. Not what we need is live action Goofy movie. Hire whoever did the costumes and CGI for Cats. Lol maybe even give Tevin Cambell a job for the first time this millennium. In all seriousness Hercules is the one id I prefer. You can keep some of the Disney changes to the mythos to make it more kid friendly but also do other stuff and not be stuck remaking the movie shot for shot. Id be fine with it actually being a musical or just use I can go the Distance for the score

I liked it better than all the remakes except Aladdin, which was the best IMHO. I think like Cinderella, if the music was incorporated in a better way, 90% of the complaints would go away.

I have to say, I think I prefer this version to the OG as I preferred the new Aladdin to the OG as well.

I do agree they should stick to the films that needed fixing but Beauty and the Beast and Lion King are really the only ones that fit that bill. Mulan had racist Mushu, Hercules could use some plot fixes, Aladdin needed a better Jasmine that wasn't a prop (which we got), Dumbo had the crows that needed to be fixed, Cinderella needed more urgency and plot, Pocahontas needs ... a lot, lol, etc.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 09-05-2020 at 04:39 PM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium