Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Mulan Official Trailer

So has it been confirmed the songs and Mushu won't be in this? I remember reading about a while back.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Very different looking than the other Disney remakes; I wonder if they'll downplay the humor and mystical elements of the original?

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    Very different looking than the other Disney remakes; I wonder if they'll downplay the humor and mystical elements of the original?
    The main villain of this has been stated to be a witch and the wuxia fighting seen here is a lot more fantastical than the fairly realistic fighting shown in the animated movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    The main villain of this has been stated to be a witch and the wuxia fighting seen here is a lot more fantastical than the fairly realistic fighting shown in the animated movie.
    So, take out fighting the early Huns in favor of a witch (an army to face a witch?), and wuxia over, well, whatever it was the animated film showed?

This sounds far more underwhelming than most of the remakes so far. And Mulan was one of my favorite animated films.

So has it been confirmed the songs and Mushu won't be in this? I remember reading about a while back.
    Mushu has been confirmed.

teaser poster.

[IMG][/IMG]

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    So, take out fighting the early Huns in favor of a witch (an army to face a witch?), and wuxia over, well, whatever it was the animated film showed?

This sounds far more underwhelming than most of the remakes so far. And Mulan was one of my favorite animated films.
    Descriptions of the films mention the Huns. So, they may still be involved. And it doesn't matter if the main villain is a witch as long as the witch has an opposing army. I mean, it's not like they sent a whole army to just fight Shen Yu. Maybe this is the folklore buff in me, but who the villain is doesn't matter too much. Almost every retelling changes who the enemy is. A few times it's even been an insurrection from within China. Disney probably used the Huns because they loved the idea of the Great Wall which was supposed to keep out the Huns. The ballad barely even mentions the enemy army: https://en.wikisource.org/wiki/Trans...allad_of_Mulan

Never seen the cartoon version but this looks interesting.