Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Well it worked. Expect more $30 films now.

https://whatsondisneyplus.com/mulan-...ney-downloads/
    That's what, around $50M (assuming all the new users did download the movie) I would have expected it to make more domestically. It's a good alternative option to be sure...

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Trolls only cost $20 to stream VOD. IMO, $30 was just too high a price, especially since if you wait 3 months, you can get the 4k or Blu-Ray for less than $30, with special features.
    or get it for free on Disney+. The 30bucks is for people who don't want to wait. They said it would be available for free Dec 4 before the release.

Anyway as an adaption of the disney Mulan movie I hated it. As a king fu flick I thought It was OK. Was nice to look at. I mean I've never watched a Jet Li movie for great acting to begin with. So this fits into that vain I guess. I need to watch again at home, we watched it with a projector. I didn't understand half the dialog coming out that speaker. I would sworn the name was changed from Fa to Kwan. Until Google showed the name was Hua and that's what it is outside of Disney apparently. I thought the friends were random new characters non idea that was Ling, Po and the gang. Or that the needy kid was "Cricket" until I checked IMDB. Yea I gotta rewatch it think I missed half the movie. Alot of crap happens suddenly though in this movie that didn't feel earned at all. Ehh id suggest waiting for Dec4 save the 30 bucks.
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 09-09-2020 at 12:03 AM.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Trolls only cost $20 to stream VOD. IMO, $30 was just too high a price, especially since if you wait 3 months, you can get the 4k or Blu-Ray for less than $30, with special features.
    In what world is thirty too high from twenty bucks? Especially as the average movie ticket is 9 bucks and new release DVD's are typically 19-25 bucks. You can say all you want about if the quality of the film (I haven't seen it) but the monetary arguments just don't fly at all.

It's a somewhat high price to pay for people with Disney plus who are willing wait a few months to get it with the channel.

That said, if there are people willing to pay to have it early then why not? Ultimately the market will determine whether the price point is too high or not, but so far so good.

It's still a lot less than a family of 4 going to see it at the movies. It's obviously still more than buying the DVD or simply waiting until it's a part of the regular Disney Plus line up... but the fact that movie theaters still exist show people are willing to spend money to see movies without having to wait.

I'll say this.... discussion boards like this create insentive more me to personally spend more money to see certain movies earlier. For a marvel movie I wouldn't want to avoid the comic book forums for 3-4 months to avoid spoilers. I'd probably just bite the bullet and spend the money to watch it if it were a money I REALLY wanted to see and talk about.

BANNED

Tweet from @SabrinaSiddiqui: So has Disney said anything yet about one of its major movie releases being filmed near Muslim concentration camps and then crediting the authorities that operate them, or...?

https://twitter.com/SabrinaSiddiqui/...46885166403585
    Last edited by RockyHorror; 09-09-2020 at 05:11 PM.

It's still a lot less than a family of 4 going to see it at the movies
    Not here. Our amc it's $6 for the matinee so it cost more then four going to the movies here.

BANNED

Not here. Our amc it's $6 for the matinee so it cost more then four going to the movies here.
    Most families of four don't get out of the theatre having paid only the ticket price. Also, $6 is not standard for a first run matinee in general.

Fair enough. Still, the average cost of a movie in the US these days is over $9 bucks. So for most people it's at least a descent value.

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    In what world is thirty too high from twenty bucks? Especially as the average movie ticket is 9 bucks and new release DVD's are typically 19-25 bucks. You can say all you want about if the quality of the film (I haven't seen it) but the monetary arguments just don't fly at all.
    I think some people can justify $20 more than $30, especially in tough economic times like this. In defense of Mulan, by paying the $30 you do get to keep the movie in your digital library for as long as you have an active account, which I do think is a good deal. But for me, if I'm paying $30 for a movie, I want all the extras that come with a Blu-ray.

Or wait two months and unlock it free.

by paying the $30 you do get to keep the movie in your digital library for as long as you have an active account,
    Or for $30 i can buy 15 digital movies from vudu disk to digital for $2 each and don't have to pay each month just to keep the digital movie i payed money to have but will lose if i don't pay each month not really making it my copy anyways. Mulan is as much my copy as the croods on netflix is.

I hear China is no longer promoting the film.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    I hear China is no longer promoting the film.
    This is the funny part. A lot of the changes were to cater to China because the original Mulan didn’t do well there and they wanted that market for the film. Then they pissed global audiences off with their actor and the catering. Now China is abandoning it so it was all for nought.

It's like they've never seen a Deal with the Devil story.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Anyway as an adaption of the disney Mulan movie I hated it.
    I really don't understand what Disney was thinking. They seemed to strip out all of the Disney. It's like a Lion King turned into a nature film. If any Disney film needed the songs and dragon to work it was this one, imo.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    I really don't understand what Disney was thinking. They seemed to strip out all of the Disney. It's like a Lion King turned into a nature film. If any Disney film needed the songs and dragon to work it was this one, imo.
    Something about "wanting to be more realistic, so they got rid of Mushu". And then added Chi, a phoenix, and a witch. And apparently Mulan being pretty OP from the get go.