Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Default I did it! I went to Savi's Workshop at Disneyland and built my own lightsaber

The trip was well worth it. I had a blast making the lightsaber. i got the Protection and Defense theme. With a Violet Kyber Crystal.

After that I went to Doc Ondar's Den Of Antiquities. And got a Jedi Holocron.

Aren't those things pretty darn expensive?
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Aren't those things pretty darn expensive?
    Like $200 I think
    Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting

Incredible Member

I spent $215.49 on the lightsaber experience. It was fun and worth it.

I spent $53.86 on the Jedi Holocron. It's a great accessory.

Incredible Member

I had been to Disneyland several times about 25 years ago. But I was broke every time I had gone. And was never able to buy anything for me.

This time was the first time ever I had money to spend on myself at Disneyland. So I did it at Galaxy's Edge. And I do not regret doing so for a second. This was my time to be a little selfish.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrin Kelley View Post
    I had been to Disneyland several times about 25 years ago. But I was broke every time I had gone. And was never able to buy anything for me.

This time was the first time ever I had money to spend on myself at Disneyland. So I did it at Galaxy's Edge. And I do not regret doing so for a second. This was my time to be a little selfish.
    Awesome, If you enjoy it then it was money well spent.
    Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Ronin View Post
    Like $200 I think
    Way out of my price range, esp. compared to those old "build your own kits" they used to have on the market.
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Way out of my price range, esp. compared to those old "build your own kits" they used to have on the market.
    The old kits don't come with an interactive show. Savi's Workshop does. So it is not just about walking away with the lightsaber. You are getting the experience as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrin Kelley View Post
    The old kits don't come with an interactive show. Savi's Workshop does. So it is not just about walking away with the lightsaber. You are getting the experience as well.
    Fair enough.
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Looks like people are going to the Disneyworld version now!

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

How crowded was Galaxy's Edge? Been reading how the attraction has been tanking.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    How crowded was Galaxy's Edge? Been reading how the attraction has been tanking.
    I went mid-day on the 4th of July. Around noon. There were a lot of people in the attraction. And Smuggler's Run had wait times of an hour. So I didn't get to go on it.

But when I went to Savi's Workshop? I got right in with the next group. And the wait was not long.

The big problem they had when I went was the merchandise shortages. They simply didn't realize the popularity of the merchandise would be so huge.

When I was there. The last thing I could think about Galaxy's Edge would be that it is tanking. It just plain was not. It had a slow start because the place is barely operational, With just the one ride accessible to the public. And as soon as the other rides get going, I imagine the place will be even more packed.

That said. I want to go back. I had fun with my experience there. And it's definitely worth dealing with the crowds.

Congratulations Darrin Kelley. I'm glad you enjoyed your experience.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

I haven't seen anything about it tanking, reports that attendance at Disney parks are slightly down to forecast but no tanking. And slightly down makes sense, for one because of the new attractions there are massive black out dates for annual pass holders who make up a large percentage of attendees and then you have people who want to avoid crowds that they anticipate will be large around big openings who then decide the schedule their Disney vacation another time when they hope crowds will be less...but none of that equals tanking.

iMan 42s

They did a soft launch so not everything was open and they messed about with ticket and hotel prices to manage crowds. Attendance is down but spending is up and even the attendance issue is minuscule given both resorts aren't open at full operation yet. Galaxies Edge Florida isn't even open yet at the time of posting.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.