Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    480

    Default Question about Kon El

    Hello
    I have a question:

    As Kon El first showed up it was revealed that he was NOT a Kryptonian but a Human designed to be as close as possible to a Kryptonian.

    Then he was rebooted into half Kryptonian half Human.

    Now I would like to ask:

    Was it ever mentioned afterwards if his human DNA was altered?
    Because he still had the TTK which was the powerset of the HUMAN Kon El.

    I am asking this especially because if his human DNA is still altered to be like Kryptonian DNA he could then become as strong as Superman is, because his human DNA would then also be able to absorb the sunlight.

  2. #2
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    1,181

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Masterff View Post
    Hello
    I have a question:

    As Kon El first showed up it was revealed that he was NOT a Kryptonian but a Human designed to be as close as possible to a Kryptonian.

    Then he was rebooted into half Kryptonian half Human.

    Now I would like to ask:

    Was it ever mentioned afterwards if his human DNA was altered?
    Because he still had the TTK which was the powerset of the HUMAN Kon El.

    I am asking this especially because if his human DNA is still altered to be like Kryptonian DNA he could then become as strong as Superman is, because his human DNA would then also be able to absorb the sunlight.


    His human side was totally altered to be the closests thing to a kryptonian, without being 1.so yeah he is half kryptonian and Half human super clone. Geoff has a page or 2 of lex explaining it, maybe at some point I will find it again

  3. #3
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    981

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Masterff View Post
    Hello
    I have a question:

    As Kon El first showed up it was revealed that he was NOT a Kryptonian but a Human designed to be as close as possible to a Kryptonian.

    Then he was rebooted into half Kryptonian half Human.

    Now I would like to ask:

    Was it ever mentioned afterwards if his human DNA was altered?
    Because he still had the TTK which was the powerset of the HUMAN Kon El.

    I am asking this especially because if his human DNA is still altered to be like Kryptonian DNA he could then become as strong as Superman is, because his human DNA would then also be able to absorb the sunlight.
    When Geoff Johns retcon Kon to be clone of Superman and Lex, it seems that he had to keep part of his first origin.

    It makes sense, since this was not a "change of the universe" reboot, but "information we did not know" reboot.

    However, I think the issue about his half human being altered is pretty forgotten or retconned. Even before any reboot, this topic was practically never mentioned (it was mentioned only in one or two pages in one issue).


    Conner is treated as a half human/half kryptonian clone. If DC want Conner have potential to be stronger than Superman (and I don't say this will happen), they will likely use similar reasons than Jon's potential.
    Last edited by Konja7; 07-08-2019 at 05:25 AM.

  4. #4
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    1,181

    Default

    Well if they go by kesel and then geoffs retcon then kon has more potential for power than Jon, by a lot actually. While only half of Jon is SUPER, kons human half is "almost" as SUPER as his SUPER side.

    Atleast it's a reason to have his TTK, and not just more or less power as a kryptonian, like Jon is

  5. #5
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    981

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kon93 View Post
    Well if they go by kesel and then geoffs retcon then kon has more potential for power than Jon, by a lot actually. While only half of Jon is SUPER, kons human half is "almost" as SUPER as his SUPER side.

    Atleast it's a reason to have his TTK, and not just more or less power as a kryptonian, like Jon is
    Jon has a big potential, supposedly to become stronger than his father, because he is a Krytonian/Human hybrid. In other words, his NON-SUPER half isn't a weakness, since the combination has more potential than a complete SUPER (although I don't exactly know why this is the case).

    That's why I said Conner could receive the same potential if DC wants.


    I really doubt they remember the part when the human DNA of Conner is altered (Geoff mantain that because he can't retcon all his first origin). We wouldn't remember that if it wasn't because the two pages were is mentioned in just one issue.

    Even before Flashpoint, I remember that Conner mentioned his TTK is because he is a clone. Also, he was described as half kryptonian/half human.
    Last edited by Konja7; 07-09-2019 at 12:39 PM.

  6. #6
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    1,181

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    Jon has a big potential, supposedly to become stronger than his father, because he is a Krytonian/Human hybrid. In other words, his NON-SUPER side isn't a weakness, since the combination has more potential than a complete SUPER (although I don't exactly know why this is the case).

    That's why I said Conner will likely receive the same potential if DC wants.


    I really doubt they remember the part when the human DNA of Conner is altered (Geoff mantain that because he can't retcon all his first origin). We wouldn't remember that if it wasn't because the two pages were is mentioned in just one issue.

    Even before Flashpoint, I remember that Kon mentioned his TTK is because he is a clone.


    Jons human side potentially will let his power levels go up or down way more than a full kryptonian does.

    Kons being a clone and meticulously created in a lab is probably how they will explain his ability to control his aura and able to do so much more than a full kryptonian

  7. #7
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    981

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kon93 View Post
    Jons human side potentially will let his power levels go up or down way more than a full kryptonian does.

    Kons being a clone and meticulously created in a lab is probably how they will explain his ability to control his aura and able to do so much more than a full kryptonian
    I would like more variety in the powers, but I fear DC wants uniformity in Kryptonian powers for Superman family.

    I still wonder if we will see TTK for Conner. He should have this power, but we still don't see it.

  8. #8
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    1,181

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    I would like more variety in the powers, but I fear DC wants uniformity in Kryptonian powers for Superman family.

    I still wonder if we will see TTK for Conner. He should have this power, but we still don't see it.

    They certainly try to make all SUPERs powers look the same when all of them can look a Lil different from each other.

    If they don't use TTK that will be a huge disservice to SB

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •