Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Good point. It's hard not to use real world examples, but this is still the world of fiction & what's acceptable there would be totally different in reality.

Family Guy for example, I liked Brian with Jillian. In real life that's bestiality, which I certainly don't agree with -especially some people who abuse, harmed, or have killed animals using them for sex thrills. But in fiction where a dog can have a driver's license, speak, walk on 2 legs, etc. then it's cool.

One of my favorite characters was Creed, and the man was a damn deplorable & scary villain once upon a time. In real life, someone like that would terrify most and would need to be locked up immediately. I have had some very evil favorite characters, but wouldn't find said actions good, amusing, or entertaining irl. But in fiction where villains can be charismatic & entertaining to see, fans can be taken in by them. Even Freddy Krueger of all characters had fans who loved him. Despite him being a serial killer and child molester.
    Those are great examples.
    Unless the Writer's intent is to draw direct/indirect attention to real-life issues then it is best to separate the reality from the fiction...And I'm surprised that it has to be said but, this applies even even more so when it comes to superhero comics.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    Are you talking about the genocide Jean committed? I'm not OK with that.
    On the subject of Phoenix-related crimes, let's not forget Colossus coerced Kitty into going on a date with him and when she didn't want to get back together with him, he tried to kill her.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

The phoenix is weird, sometimes it makes people do things they wouldn't like Scott killing Xavier or Jean killing and entire species. I don't think that it should count if someone messes up under the phoenix influence.

Thank god it’s almost over. What a waste of 6 months for everyone involved.

Xavier had the hots for Jean when she was a teenager. And he was her teacher, messing with her mind all the time.

Logan harassed Jean countless times, besides creepily having teenager sidekicks all the time.

Rogue and Gambit had one of the most toxic and abusive relationship of all fiction.

Kurt dated his step-sister

BUTTTTT Kittylossus is the problematic one ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Those are great examples.
    Unless the Writer's intent is to draw direct/indirect attention to real-life issues then it is best to separate the reality from the fiction...And I'm surprised that it has to be said but, this applies even even more so when it comes to superhero comics.
    Agreed. One of my OTP was Creed x Monet. And I always say I support good guy Creed with her because all his horrific deeds are in the past & he wasn't still doing them by the time he met her. In real life, I don't care how long ago it was, if they had Creed's history I wouldn't date them nor would I encourage anyone else to. But in a fictional relationship where I like both the characters, then sure. If the pairing isn't to your taste because you find Creed disgusting, that's cool. But leave it at that. I have seen people say the ship had derogatory racial implications.

Pairings like KittyLossus and Cronet could make some people feel awkward or angry because they don't like / want those characters together. BELIEVE ME I UNDERSTAND THAT! But neither was ever depicted as disgusting or abusive when it first came to the scene. There were other characters rooting for the respective ships. Compared to legit abusive ships like Joker x Harley or Spuffy where characters have called out that it's bad.

KittyLossus, imo is played out & I am tired of seeing it. Let the characters MOVE ON!!!! It seems most are over the two of them. But I disagree about it being abusive.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 07-08-2019 at 01:39 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ermac View Post
    Xavier had the hots for Jean when she was a teenager. And he was her teacher, messing with her mind all the time.

Logan harassed Jean countless times, besides creepily having teenager sidekicks all the time.

Rogue and Gambit had one of the most toxic and abusive relationship of all fiction.

Kurt dated his step-sister

BUTTTTT Kittylossus is the problematic one ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    All those relationships are various kinds of bad. But besides Rogue and Gambit, none of those relationships are active right now.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    The phoenix is weird, sometimes it makes people do things they wouldn't like Scott killing Xavier or Jean killing and entire species. I don't think that it should count if someone messes up under the phoenix influence.
    I have another theory: it is not the Phoenix that corrupts people, it is the people that corrupt Phoenix.
    This hunger, these desires are too human for a celestial force… it just turns a cosmic scale.
    Eventually, it doesn't matter because it doesn't change anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    I have another theory: it is not the Phoenix that corrupts people, it is the people that corrupt Phoenix.
    This hunger, these desires are too human for a celestial force… it just turns a cosmic scale.
    That actually sounds like a very good explanation. Thanks.

That actually sounds like a very good explanation. Thanks.
    You're welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    Was not that the original concept?

During the creation of Phoenix in marvel the story was that Jean was the first and only host that the cosmic entity had. Human emotions were what drove her crazy with the help of the Hellfire Club.

Only long after that came the story of the Phoenix love Cyclops and other bullshit involving hosts before Jean.

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    Was not that the original concept?

During the creation of Phoenix in marvel the story was that Jean was the first and only host that the cosmic entity had. Human emotions were what drove her crazy with the help of the Hellfire Club.

Only long after that came the story of the Phoenix love Cyclops and other bullshit involving hosts before Jean.
    I lost the track of what the phoenix is now. According to Aaron Jean wasn't even the first phoenix host.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

I lost the track of what the phoenix is now. According to Aaron Jean wasn't even the first phoenix host.
    Aaron is best just ignored and completely forgotten.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Aaron is best just ignored and completely forgotten.
    THIS. I am sure the man is a good writer, but the X-Books didn't seem to be his best work. lol

It doesn't count...

Some people try to make it count..when it suits their opinion or when it helps their argument

But it doesn't count