Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member Graphicisnovel's Avatar

So excited for that art preview with the x-chickens!

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    wait for next week wednesday. It will be savage on twitter and here
    All the general discussions....all the X-Mondays.....all the thread derailments...all the intracommunity CBR fights...it’s all been leading to Wednesday, July 17th. This is forever!

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I hope they don't forget about guru Apocalypse, I also loved his relationship with Evan. Being his son is better than being just a clone and it was cute.
    Now that Apocalypse knows about him, I can’t imagine he wouldn’t want to kidnap him and train him as his new successor. Or that Evan wouldn’t be horrified at spending three months under the one person he never wanted to be. I hope this puts Evan in a new place besides “im a clone of Poccy wahhhh”

I'm neutral on Kitty and Colossus but i feel like some people really overblown the hate. All relationships on Marvel have problems, break up and get back together all the time. Specially the longest and most significant ones. that is a sign of how significant are the characters on each other stories.
    It was probably the pedophilia and grooming that turned people off, the on-and-off part of it all was just icing on the cake.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post

It was probably the pedophilia and grooming that turned people off, the on-and-off part of it all was just icing on the cake.
    Peter having th ehots for a 14 year Kitty isn't good

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Also I love Cable, he is the closest thing Jean will ever have to a son. But I don't want people or shippers to hate him or his relationship with Jean for a bad story.
    His relationship with Jean should be left alone as his own thing regardless of with whoever Jean is
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 07-08-2019 at 09:26 AM.

All the general discussions....all the X-Mondays.....all the thread derailments...all the intracommunity CBR fights...it’s all been leading to Wednesday, July 17th. This is forever!

Now that Apocalypse knows about him, I can’t imagine he wouldn’t want to kidnap him and train him as his new successor. Or that Evan wouldn’t be horrified at spending three months under the one person he never wanted to be. I hope this puts Evan in a new place besides “im a clone of Poccy wahhhh”

I’m not a shipper but if she was 13-14 it was not pedophilia because she was past puberty. It drives me bonkers how we misuse the term in popular culture these days. Plus Peter was 19 or 20 so he was in her age range , or close to it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    I’m not a shipper but if she was 13-14 it was not pedophilia because she was past puberty. It drives me bonkers how we misuse the term in popular culture these days. Plus Peter was 19 or 20 so he was in her age range , or close to it.
    The point is that it was editorially mandated to be dissolved because it was creepy, then they didn’t date for 20 years until creepy relationship afficionado Joss Whedon brought it back and since then Marvel has indulged every creepy hack who glorifies the early days of their relationship.

A 14 year old and 19 year old are not in the same age group.

BANNED

And Seeley being unaware that there were even people that didn’t like their relationship should once and for all end the myth that the X-Office has secret data that show what fans love (dated spandex) and what they don’t (the NXM).

Both are teenagers.

Extraordinary Member

This. A five year age difference doesn't seem that extreme, but it is when the people in question are teenagers. A romance between someone who's 25 and 30? Sure, OK! 22 and 27? Sure, that can fit.

But the life experiences between a 14 and 19 year old are just too much. I mean, we all knew that 19 year old who dated middle schoolers. We all knew that guy in high school. What did we think of him then?

Also, I want more of Apocalypse and Evan. I've been waiting for that meeting since Evan was created and I'm happy with what we got. Seeing Apocalypse just genuinely love the kid and then not know what to do with that love but send him out to be slaughtered was, well, sort of surprising. I'm sure Evan isn't actually dead. I'll be sad if he is.

Both are teenagers.
    19 you are already in college and 14 you have just started high school.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

But they don't have 14 and 19 anymore. They should be on their early 20's, both adults now.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Depends on the culture apparently.
    "Cable was right!"

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    This. A five year age difference doesn't seem that extreme, but it is when the people in question are teenagers. A romance between someone who's 25 and 30? Sure, OK! 22 and 27? Sure, that can fit.

But the life experiences between a 14 and 19 year old are just too much. I mean, we all knew that 19 year old who dated middle schoolers. We all knew that guy in high school. What did we think of him then?
    I saw nothing unusual because that's typical where I come from. Guys in my family dated HS girls when they were 20. Father, brother, grandfather, etc. Then people outside of my family who are 20-24 and will fool around with HS girls.

It depends on what you're used to. Where I am, people have kids early. Teens + 20's, and if you don't have kids by 25, people find it odd & wonder when / if you're gonna have any. Then when I watch shows with couples 35+ having their first kids, to me, that seemed old. lol Like Fran x Mr. Sheffield having kids when Fran is already 36 and he's 43.

And then the factor of age of consent being different in different places. In the UK, 16 is legal AoC. So if they wanna shag a 20+ year old, no harm no fowl.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 07-08-2019 at 08:41 AM.

Both are teenagers.
    13 to 19 is a HUGE age difference. One is still a child while having -teen attached to them and one is a young adult. Better (and more realistic) age groups could be 10-13, 14-16, 16-18, 19+ with some overlapping but grouping someone who’s still a child with someone with as much power in their position as an adult was creepy to readers and editors for a reason.