Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

in the 80's colossus had three times as much mass as kitty pryde

in the 80's he was so much taller her eyes could only reach his milk shooters

in the 80's it looked like a guy kissing his daughter

in the 80's his thigh is the size of her torso

in the 80's marvel had the exact same situation when john byrne thought it was romantic for 12 year old sue storm to have lovey dovey eyes at college-age reed richards and in that case marvel thought it was too creepy and outright changed it, all they have to do for kittylossus is fucking ignore it

in the 2010's it became public knowledge that kitty's true love is doop
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Extraordinary Member

I get it, different cultures are different. That doesn't make it right. We know that in real life, these relationships have a bunch higher chance of being abusive. There's just too big of a power imbalance.

Now, some of you have said, well, but they're adults now. Maybe that would be true, if it wasn't for the bizarre aging in comics and the fact that their relationship has never really been depicted in a healthy manner.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

At the time...
    She had a crush on him.
    He returned her feelings...eventually.
    It was innocent puppy love...Piotr drew and kept the boundary...even when Kitty kiss-ambushed him.
    They didn't have sex long after, (when he was resurrected) until she was an adult.

ergo...no criminal act was committed, nor was it so egregious an idea...for this to be a dead horse topic.

BANNED

The dead horse topic keeps being regurgitated because the dead horse relationship keeps being regurgitated.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    I get it, different cultures are different. That doesn't make it right. We know that in real life, these relationships have a bunch higher chance of being abusive. There's just too big of a power imbalance.
    People in the same age group can be abusive & have power imbalance. Younger parties in a couple could abuse older ones. There's tons of variables. So to automatically jump to abuse accusations seems like a dated stereotype. Abusive relationships are all over the place regardless of age. Relationships in general have high chances of being abusive because we seem to live in a drama-based & messy society now.

And we saw Kitty & Colossus play out on panel, it to my knowledge it was never played as abusive. I think Logan was even pissed at Colossus for breaking Kitty's heart & ruining it. SO either way you slice it, THIS was not one of those abusive relationships with an older person mistreating & using the younger one.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    At the time...
    She had a crush on him.
    He returned her feelings...eventually.
    It was innocent puppy love...Piotr drew and kept the boundary...even when Kitty kiss-ambushed him.
    They didn't have sex long after, (when he was resurrected) until she was an adult.

ergo...no criminal act was committed, nor was it so egregious an idea...for this to be a dead horse topic.
    This. I think this is something people make too big a deal of. Even if characters are both adults, some will still cringe about age. lol Like Magneto with Rogue. She was a grown woman, but people still found that gross.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 07-08-2019 at 09:43 AM.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Then characters like Logan or Thor shouldn't hook up with anybody? They are hundreds of years older than their partners
    If both are adults I don't see the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Then characters like Logan or Thor shouldn't hook up with anybody? They are hundreds of years older than their partners
    If both are adults I don't see the problem.
    Everything depends on the moment of your life in which you are. With 18 years, you do not see life as someone of 40. On the other hand Logan has been decades and Thor centuries being basically the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    This. I think this is something people make too big a deal of. Even if characters are both adults, some will still cringe about age. lol Like Magneto with Rogue. She was a grown woman, but people still found that gross.
    The age difference wasn't the issue for most critics of the Rogue and Magneto pairing..

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    The dead horse topic keeps being regurgitated because the dead horse relationship keeps being regurgitated.
    yep.

she almost married star-lord

then Guggemheim tried to get them married on the basis os peter being creepy.

Kitty abandoned him on the altar.

Then here we are again. It is time to it be over

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Even with the difference in age and actual physical power...Kitty was more intellectually mature than Piotr. There was absolutely nothing to denote that their relationship was potentially "abusive".

And again...she basically pursued him and they both kept things pretty much innocent.

Some of you just need to stop and think before you type.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 07-08-2019 at 09:47 AM.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    I can agree with this. I am tired of KittyLossus because it just seems bland, yet Marvel is intent on shoving it in fan's faces.

I just disagree about the age controversy. But I agree they need to let this pairing go when both characters had moved on.

Kitty loved other men. And while I am not big on that coupling either, Colossus had something going with Domino. Stop trying to ruin their other relationships & shove them back together.

I can agree with this. I am tired of KittyLossus because it just seems bland, yet Marvel is intent on shoving it in fan's faces.

I just disagree about the age controversy. But I agree they need to let this pairing go when both characters had moved on.

Kitty loved other men. And while I am not big on that coupling either, Colossus had something going with Domino. Stop trying to ruin their other relationships & shove them back together.
    Exactly. They are already over each other.

It already played over and over again. It only makes Peter looks bad, painting Kitty and obsessing over her when she already move one.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    yep.

she almost married star-lord

then Guggemheim tried to get them married on the basis os peter being creepy.

Kitty abandoned him on the altar.

Then here we are again. It is time to it be over
    Do you know how many times have Peter and MJ broke up, rejected each other or even dated other people?
    what about Black Panther dumping Storm and then she dumping him for Wolverine?
    Do you know how many times rogue and gambit have broken up?
    way more than any other X-couple and they have also so done each other way worse things than kitty and colossus. I'm neutral with them but it is not fair to judge them for things that are a normal thing to do on Marvel. They don't want anybody married, happy or stable together. that is not on the couple, character or fans.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 07-08-2019 at 09:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Do you know how many times have Peter and MJ broke up, rejected each other or even dated other people?
    what about Black Panther dumping Storm and then she dumping him for Wolverine?
    Do you know how many times rogue and gambit have broken up?
    way more than any other X-couple and they have also so done each other way worse things than kitty and colossus. I'm neutral with them but it is not fair to judge them for things that are a normal thing to do on Marvel. They don't want anybody married, happy or stable together. that is not on the couple, character or fans.
    Every couple has its problems. Kitty and Colossus have been written very badly lately, it really burned my patience on them. It's not romantic stalk a woman, I don't know why writers romanticize it so much.
    Guggemheim and Seeley only sold me that they shouldn't be together.
    Whedon Kitty and Colossus was a big disservice to both characters, they were a hting once upon a time, doesn't mean it should continue;

People in the same age group can be abusive & have power imbalance. Younger parties in a couple could abuse older ones. There's tons of variables. So to automatically jump to abuse accusations seems like a dated stereotype. Abusive relationships are all over the place regardless of age. Relationships in general have high chances of being abusive because we seem to live in a drama-based & messy society now.

And we saw Kitty & Colossus play out on panel, it to my knowledge it was never played as abusive. I think Logan was even pissed at Colossus for breaking Kitty's heart & ruining it. SO either way you slice it, THIS was not one of those abusive relationships with an older person mistreating & using the younger one.
    Yes, younger people can be abusive to older people. But you’re ignoring WHY it’s abusive because in those cases, it isn’t because of age difference or in respect to positions of power. Which is why we are singling out the gross age difference and not anything else. Also, relationships have always had a potential to be abusive, nothing has really changed. If we’re being honest, standards for acceptable love and respect have drastically improved from earlier decades.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Even with the difference in age and actual physical power...Kitty was more intellectually mature than Piotr. There was absolutely nothing to denote that their relationship was potentially "abusive".

And again...she basically pursued him and they both kept things pretty much innocent.

Some of you just need to stop and think before you type.

Booksmart and being vulnerable in a position as a kid is different. Being intellectual doesn’t mean you aren’t susceptible to potential abuse of power and it’s dangerous to think that victims are only in that position because they don’t have an headstart in intellect with their adult lover. She pursued him because she was a CHILD who had a CRUSH. Students have crushes on their teachers all the time and may even try to pursue it, but the one with actual hold over them should know to never return that.

Critical thinking, y’all. Critical thinking.