Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 135
  1. #16
    Extraordinary Member Jackalope89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    5,885

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Swallowtail View Post
    It’s a two page, mainly factual exchange of information wherein he still gets in two ‘I am suspicious of your motives’ jabs. Jason’s supposed to be a professional detective and that’s attributed to him here, is all. He will never evolve as a character if every time he appears on the page with Batman he has to yell, ‘go eat a crowbar and die, old man.’ Within 30 seconds. He has to be able to do more.
    Except, Bruce and Jason currently have a lot animosity against one another right now. Jason for being ambushed, beaten up by Bruce, and then banished from Gotham. Bruce because Jason didn't follow orders and took over the Iceberg Lounge as Jason Todd and didn't stay gone. And in the last issue or so, Bruce, as Batman, busted into the Lounge, assaulted Jason's employees, and left with both more pissed off at one another than before.

  2. #17
    Mighty Member Rise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    1,172

    Default

    As far as I'm concerned, I'm glad Bendis is ignoring the forced drama between Batman and Red Hood.

    Don't have any expectations, but I'm at least curious to see how Bendis will handle Jason and it will be the first time in a while that I'm interested in something involving Jason.

  3. #18
    Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    2,709

    Default

    Considering the solicits for Event: Leviathan #3, I doubt whatever truce they’ve agreed too will last long. It may not even last beyond the preview.

  4. #19
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,098

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Except, Bruce and Jason currently have a lot animosity against one another right now. Jason for being ambushed, beaten up by Bruce, and then banished from Gotham. Bruce because Jason didn't follow orders and took over the Iceberg Lounge as Jason Todd and didn't stay gone. And in the last issue or so, Bruce, as Batman, busted into the Lounge, assaulted Jason's employees, and left with both more pissed off at one another than before.
    I suspect we should not try to find coherence about the relationship of characters between different comics and writers.

    Writers seem to work with a basis for the relationship (like a "tense" relationship between Jason and Bruce) and whatever else happens in other comic is not important for them.


    That said, due to the hierarchy that exists in comics and events, if Bruce and Jason improve their relationship in Event Leviathan, it is very likely that affects Red Hood.
    Last edited by Konja7; 07-08-2019 at 03:29 PM.

  5. #20
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    48,913

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Swallowtail View Post
    It’s a two page, mainly factual exchange of information wherein he still gets in two ‘I am suspicious of your motives’ jabs. Jason’s supposed to be a professional detective and that’s attributed to him here, is all. He will never evolve as a character if every time he appears on the page with Batman he has to yell, ‘go eat a crowbar and die, old man.’ Within 30 seconds. He has to be able to do more.
    I just don't think he captures Jason's attitude and dialogue well. It's like you could exchange him with Dick and nothing would be different.

  6. #21
    Extraordinary Member dietrich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    8,526

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    I suspect we should not try to find coherence about the relationship of characters between different comics and writers.

    Writers seem to work with a basis for the relationship (like a "tense" relationship between Jason and Bruce) and whatever else happens in other comic is not important for them.


    That said, due to the hierarchy that exists in comics and events, if Bruce and Jason improve their relationship in Event Leviathan, it is very likely that affects Red Hood.
    Not all writers just bad ones,

  7. #22
    ♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦ Godlike13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    9,504

    Default

    Que the ‘you think it was me, arrg’ in 3, 2, 1...

  8. #23
    Astonishing Member WonderScott's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    3,193

    Default

    Instead of Green Arrow, I wish Bendis had gone with Angel O’Day and Sam Simeon. Ollie just doesn’t belong there.

  9. #24
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,098

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Not all writers just bad ones,
    Even good writers ignore what happen in other comics if they don't want to handle this aspect in their stories.

    It is no so related with the writing quality they have.

  10. #25
    ♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦ Godlike13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    9,504

    Default

    I don’t see anything overly not Jason here.

  11. #26
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    243

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    It's his twin brother Rason Rodd.
    I definitely saw a porno with him in it.

  12. #27
    Caperucita Roja Zaresh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    2,295

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I just don't think he captures Jason's attitude and dialogue well. It's like you could exchange him with Dick and nothing would be different.
    This.

    But then, to be fair, it's a four pages preview. But then again, I've read ebough comics by him to know that we won't be lucky.

    But hey, I feel the same about his Bruce. I read it kind of bland. I mean, neither if them are going to be read like his Matt (that definitely had a distinct voice at the time), but come on: Jason is acid and sassy, and Bruce usually is pretty sarcastic wihen he talks with him when they work.

    These ballons feel like almost an information pamphlet. I personally suck at writing dialogue, and know how much difficult it is to do so in an entertaining and agile way. So I don't want to sound harsh, but meh: I can't help but feel like this.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 07-08-2019 at 10:49 PM.
    This is a signature. It has letters on it, and those letters form words. Words like these. I will not quote anything because I'm uninspired but, I read a lot: I could!

    And this is my Tumblr. Sometimes I post stuff there.

  13. #28
    ♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦ Godlike13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    9,504

    Default

    Does it need to capture him? It’s not a Jason Todd character piece, it’s not his solo, it might not be the most interesting take but I’m not really seeing anything overtly anti-Jason.

  14. #29
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    102

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Not all writers just bad ones,
    Do these great writers who adhere perfectly to continuity have names?

  15. #30
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    102

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Does it need to capture him? It’s not a Jason Todd character piece, it’s not his solo, it might not be the most interesting take but I’m not really seeing anything overtly anti-Jason.
    Agreed, it’s a bread and butter info exchange. Nothing particularly ground breaking but with a completely acceptable dialogue rhythm for how you would expect these two to talk to each other when putting aside their differences and focused on a common goal.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •