Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

It's pretty flattering how they think Jason is competent enough to create organization like Leviathan and I liked how Jason didn't lose his control after being accused.

Too much talk, but I'm interested and I will check the next issue.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    It's pretty flattering how they think Jason is competent enough to create organization like Leviathan and I liked how Jason didn't lose his control after being accused.

Too much talk, but I'm interested and I will check the next issue.
    I mean... given their relationship I think Jason would’ve been surprised had Bruce not accused him of being involved.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Unsurprisingly, Issues 1 and 2 could've been a single issue and nothing would've been lost. But I will admit that Bendis isn't doing too bad a job of writing Jason even if his take isn't particularly memorable given Jason is written in the "innocent guy accused of something he didn't do". Because yes, after this now I'm certain Jason is not Leviathan. And with the nonsensical way Jason became the main suspect, I can't help but feel that this is just Bendis taking the piss of the rumors that have been making the rounds since last year.

Astonishing Member

Why does Jason always wind up in the role of scapegoat?

My God, Batman! You're supposed to be better than this.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by kaimaciel View Post
    My God, Batman! You're supposed to be better than this.
    His detective skills are slipping.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Things went from "help me prove Jason Todd isn't Leviathan" to "Jason Todd is Leviathan prime suspect #1" real quick.

Plas taking the piss out of everything Leviathan said was satisfying. He's not saying anything revolutionary or profound, so seeing that supervillain boilerplate not taken seriously was nice. More characters should be doing that.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Ha ha. Ok, I stand corrected about his voice for Jason. I still think his Bruce is off, but whatever. I liked his Plas too. I still have a big issue with information being repeated over and over and over, but overall, I liked this issue. So well, look at that, I was wrong again: this wasn't a bad issue and the story is even interesting to follow I guess. Sometimes, it's good to be wrong.

(But, ehm, Damian implying that Jason is prone to chaos, err: he's a planner, he plans, a lot; even if the plan implies creating chaos. Well, whatever)

(Lettering was pretty good, btw)

Astonishing Member

I thought things this issue could at least go a ways toward keeping me suspicious that Dick Grayson is Leviathan.

Damian suspected Jason and the commenting on the bat-like tech, coupled with that comment that they think Jason doesn't even know he's doing it (alt-personality) definitely seems like the thing they'd suspect Jason of because they can't bring themselves to suspect Dick of it, and Dick's current "state", they don't think he's a player. Red Hood is kind of an obvious red herring for Nightwing, but c'est la vie, doesn't make it a less good storyline.

Also I thought there were direct mirrorings of Batman with Leviathan (holding the body, Death in the Family style). And Leviathan's seeming knowledge of Plastic Man's Multiversal histories actually tracks too - not so long ago Dick was gashed in the forehead by an Nth Metal magical knife that gave him Multiversal-vision hangovers and confusion that then played into a sort of Dark Multiverse "sense" in METAL. There's also the possibility that in a long-line of things sort of "possessed by wickedness" (Doctor Hurt, Talia, manifesting Darkseid's influence), Doctor Hurt cutting Dick could have transferred some of that cult-conspiracy motivation to his dark side.

Anyhow I liked the issue. I thought Leviathan A.R.G.U.S. goon looked kind of like Killer Shark.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Man a lot of talking without anything really happening. These two issues could have been just one issue. So far I don't think the event is off to a great start.

I still think Leviathan is going to be Roy. Red costume, knowledge of advanced tech, the use of Green Arrow, and the Jason focus when they made an effort in HiC to say Jason is Roy's best friend that it will be him. He feels like the most obvious answer given he is probably bitter about superheroes given how one killed him in HiC.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Man a lot of talking without anything really happening. These two issues could have been just one issue. So far I don't think the event is off to a great start.

I still think Leviathan is going to be Roy. Red costume, knowledge of advanced tech, the use of Green Arrow, and the Jason focus when they made an effort in HiC to say Jason is Roy's best friend that it will be him. He feels like the most obvious answer given he is probably bitter about superheroes given how one killed him in HiC.
    Roy definitely sounds like a safe bet. Besides that, why involving Oliver in this event (in a big role)? I think that the biggest clue, to be honest. I think it's a they, though, instead of a guy alone.

With all these hints of multiversal (and historical) knowledge, combined with the importance of *a* Green Arrow, I'm putting an extra five bucks on my wacky theory that Leviathan is the original, Earth-2 Roy Harper. He was never explicitly killed, y'know.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post

I hope it isn't Roy or Dick, DC seems obsessed with turning the Titans into villains lately. Another Titan went heel this week already.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    I hope it isn't Roy or Dick, DC seems obsessed with turning the Titans into villains lately. Another Titan went heel this week already.
    Which Titan?