Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
    D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by redmax99 View Post
    why are people under the assumption any writer cares about lobdell red hood book or if they care about each other book at all.
    I agree with this point here. The way other writers have handled Jason indicates to me that they just can't be bothered to put in the effort to do any research into how his character is being handled but in all honesty that's true for ANY version of him out there. Writers after Winnick ignored the direction he was headed with the character as well. There was also that snafu with Dick back doing Grayson where a writer didn't bother to check with Seeley/King to see how the character was being handled in their book and the writer had entirely the wrong vision of what was going on in that book, which brings me to Bendis and Leviathan. Bendis is the poster child for totally ignoring a characters history and also ignoring whatever it is the primary writer of that character is doing with them so no I don't believe he is giving Lobdell's book more than lip service.

i'm going to be honest because of the way bendis is writing this he took it from morrison leviathan, talia and jason are friends they must have patch things up,Damian rope in talia and jason together. when speaking of the group,who would talia let take control of the group and not tell on when ask, who runs leviathan, the obivious choice if not damian or ras is jason
    If Jason and Talia patched up their relationship then it must have happened off panel, which is again another thing that Bendis is guilty of doing. He has a nasty tendency toward having really important plot points happen off panel with little to no explanation as to how things transpired to reach that point. He also has a tendency toward having characters do things out of character for the sake of the story instead of actually picking characters that already fit the story he is trying to tell.

I don't think Bendis's Jason sounds all that bad and I do like it that Bendis acknowledges that Jason is smart and savvy enough to pull something like this off even if I don't believe that Jason has any interest in doing something on this scale these days however I don't trust Bendis to do anything of note with the character either. It would be nice though if other writers would see what Bendis is doing here and that it would occur to them that Jason isn't just a dumb bruiser whose only ability is fighting.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

no he couldn't because only two robins are connected to leviathan and that's jason and damian. damian because talia is his mom and jason because he was apart of leviathan, even as a double agent talia will welcome him back with open arms if he wanted to come back.
    Three. Dick was an agent of Spyral and was involved with Leviathan as envisioned by its creator Dr. Dedalus before he started working with Talia. His goal was to use Spyral tech to take over Dick's body even long after death... but Dick's not available right now. Unless Year of The Villain take place before Event Leviathan and there's time for The Court of Owls to make him their agent, reborn with a new purpose... or somehow remnants of Dr. Dedalus mind survive to take over Dick Grayson's body again.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    I agree with this point here. The way other writers have handled Jason indicates to me that they just can't be bothered to put in the effort to do any research into how his character is being handled but in all honesty that's true for ANY version of him out there. Writers after Winnick ignored the direction he was headed with the character as well. There was also that snafu with Dick back doing Grayson where a writer didn't bother to check with Seeley/King to see how the character was being handled in their book and the writer had entirely the wrong vision of what was going on in that book, which brings me to Bendis and Leviathan. Bendis is the poster child for totally ignoring a characters history and also ignoring whatever it is the primary writer of that character is doing with them so no I don't believe he is giving Lobdell's book more than lip service.
    Also, even within Lobdell’s writing, Jason’s characterization has been all over the shop lately. Is he a mastermind who staged shooting Penguin for his own ends? Or is he an irrational dumbass who blurted his secret identity with no contingency plan? Is he a master strategist or is he so careless that not only did he not do a background check on Wingman, he didn’t recognize his own father 10 years after he last saw him? Is he a mass murderer of biker gangs or can his soul be found innocent by a magical sword?

Who can say?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    Again, I don't get what this has to do with Leviathan or how is meaningful in any way. Bruce and Selina only needed to travel through the desert to find Talia in Batman and in Leviathan Rises, Talia is freaking traveling around on a discount SHIELD Helicarrier, hardly what I'd call a low profile. And if you want to take into account recent events in other books, Ra's himself is in Gotham at the moment, further diluting the importance of Jason's previous relationship with Talia.
    You are forgetting that Bruce has Talia's phone number and calls her in Deathstroke. Talia's a very busy girl these days, sleeping around, dinking like she's got problems, people calling her, avoiding her family, trying to get Target to take back the towels she got Bruce and Selena as a wedding present since they hand delivered her their registration list.

Talia hasn't been reclusive since Death and the Maidens and the LexCorp days. She's been the person that everyone goes to for something or works for at some point. That's one of the reasons why literally everyone knows she's in Kahdym, and the UN is all "No Heroes Allowed, Leave Talia Alone."

Although Bruce also has Ra's al Ghul's number, email, Twitter, and Linkdn with an open invitation to reach out anytime according to Detective Comics 1000, and pretty much anything they appear in together. And unlike Talia, Ra's always answers the phone and doesn't let it ring through to voicemail.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic Cyclist View Post
    You are forgetting that Bruce has Talia's phone number and calls her in Deathstroke. Talia's a very busy girl these days, sleeping around, dinking like she's got problems, people calling her, avoiding her family, trying to get Target to take back the towels she got Bruce and Selena as a wedding present since they hand delivered her their registration list.

Talia hasn't been reclusive since Death and the Maidens and the LexCorp days. She's been the person that everyone goes to for something or works for at some point. That's one of the reasons why literally everyone knows she's in Kahdym, and the UN is all "No Heroes Allowed, Leave Talia Alone."

Although Bruce also has Ra's al Ghul's number, email, Twitter, and Linkdn with an open invitation to reach out anytime according to Detective Comics 1000, and pretty much anything they appear in together. And unlike Talia, Ra's always answers the phone and doesn't let it ring through to voicemail.
    Does Talia also enjoying leaving Bruce on hold because she likes watching the line blink?

What's the general consensus of who the big bad is?

I'm personally hoping for Roy.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Three. Dick was an agent of Spyral and was involved with Leviathan as envisioned by its creator Dr. Dedalus before he started working with Talia. His goal was to use Spyral tech to take over Dick's body even long after death... but Dick's not available right now. Unless Year of The Villain take place before Event Leviathan and there's time for The Court of Owls to make him their agent, reborn with a new purpose... or somehow remnants of Dr. Dedalus mind survive to take over Dick Grayson's body again.
    You know, if instead of going on a wild goose chase after Jason, the "World's best detectives" would've instead gone after Ric to look into his head for any sensitive information about Leviathan, possibly restoring his memory and thus bringing Dick back, it would've been for a much better story.

No sane writer wants to go anywhere near Ric.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Good thing Bendis isn't sane then.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    Good thing Bendis isn't sane then.
    XDDDDDD (10char etc etc)

He’s saner then you think, he already dodged him in Action

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Only because he literally couldn’t use him. Hard to use Ric in a story that’s deeply connected to a past he doesn’t remember.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Does Talia also enjoying leaving Bruce on hold because she likes watching the line blink?
    I would bet on it, and her ramping up the passive aggressiveness by having conversations with other people about all sorts of things without hanging up or putting him on hold. But seriously, what do you expect from a couple that thinks kidnapping and drugging each other is fine.

I know people only remember that Red Hood Lost Days jumped the shark by having Talia sleep with Jason and send him to Hush because Nyssa killed her father and Batman burned the corpse...despite Ra's being alive and well in Hush which is why Bruce attacks her jet at 15000 feet to kidnap her, drug her, and leave her with Selina to get Ra's's attention. Because that's how Bruce and Talia role, and the fact that Talia during Lex days wasn't speaking to Bruce. Remember how she stood him up at meetings?

They're a couple that even before Damian and Jason's resurrection was not good at the break up thing. Even if they tried to follow the rules of how to tell if you are meant to be by no contact for five years and see other people. It's part of what made Deathstroke vs Batman funny since you have Talia screwing Slade and making sure Bruce knows about it after he shows up with his long term on-again off-again girlfriend of twenty years to say "Hey! We're engaged. You're not invited, but here's our registry."

Bruce and Talia: any type of aggressive you want, they are. But they also talk to each other unless Talia's too busy and not giving a crap about Batman at the moment. It's why Jason throwing the "have you heard from Talia" and Steve Trevor pointing out that no one worried about Talia as a threat due to her dropping plans if Batman calls is appropriate. Whenever Bruce isn't leading her on Talia tends to do **** like take over Kobra for giggles, develop efficient and effective management plans and goals for pre existing criminal organizations and concepts, and grow companies. Then raise people from the dead to give them training, empowerment, and job opportunities.

Never underestimate the power of a good manager with people skills or how a FUBAR relationship can keep someone down.

The Pine Barrens NJ in Summer & Winter & Salem Mass. in Spring & Autumn

He's being framed
    Beware of spies traveling through your multiverse especially if they wear a 4

So, here's my current take on the suspects:

Jason Todd - 10-1. He's the classic "obvious suspect that gets chased for a while to waste time." That said, a double-switcheroo isn't out of the question.
    Roy Harper - 4-1. Ollie and Guardian have been roped in, two characters Roy has a soft spot for. He's worked in spy agencies. Leviathan's costume is kinda works for Roy. He's been name-dropped, so it's fair play. Difficulty: Currently dead.
    Kathy Kane - 3-1. Former super-spy. Has been known to use bat-gear. Otherwise unaccounted for. DC has a Kate Kane TV show coming, so they may want to clear the "old" Batwoman off the deck. Difficulty: Hasn't been name dropped yet, so her presence wouldn't be fair play.
    Earth-Two Roy Harper - 9-1. All the regular Roy Harper clues in play, with added bonuses of weird pre-Crisis references. Difficulty: He's not really a spy guy.
    Nemesis - 7-1. Heck, I bet he's already been in this story, and we just don't know it yet.