Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Star Wars vs. Asgard (MCU)

The forces from "Episode 1: The Phantom Menace" versus the Kingdom of Asgard before Hela/Surtur mess it up.

All of Naboo's fighters + Gungan army. 1 Trade Federation ship in low orbit + all droid forces seen. Obi Wan, Quigon and Darth Maul.

Versus:

Asgard starts with its castle shield up + all its standing armies scrambled. Odin is in charge. Loki and Thor (with Mjolnir) are present.

Important notes: The 3 Force users start INSIDE the palace. They are charged with shutting the shield down. The main Asgardians are likewise inside the palace throne room. They are aware of the attack, but not the jedi.

Can they topple Asgard's rule?
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

No, they have no real chance of winning here. Asgardians are too good and too tough.

The SW forces aren't ever getting through the shield: remember, it took a being stronger and tougher than Thor, with nasty energy draining magic touch, to pound down the defenses around the shield generator. Nothing about these guys makes them immune to Heimdall either, so he'll see them coming and know exactly where they are. Honestly, given his abilities, there is no real reason that he can't just Bifrost them the hell out of the palace and on over to, say, Jotunheim, without them ever knowing what he's up to.

For the rest of the forces, their base-level blasters are things Asgardians can probably no-sell as well.

And this is before Thor and Odin start doing their thing. Thor's AoE's are going to leave acres of corpses and droid parts to pick up.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    No, they have no real chance of winning here. Asgardians are too good and too tough.

The SW forces aren't ever getting through the shield: remember, it took a being stronger and tougher than Thor, with nasty energy draining magic touch, to pound down the defenses around the shield generator. Nothing about these guys makes them immune to Heimdall either, so he'll see them coming and know exactly where they are. Honestly, given his abilities, there is no real reason that he can't just Bifrost them the hell out of the palace and on over to, say, Jotunheim, without them ever knowing what he's up to.

For the rest of the forces, their base-level blasters are things Asgardians can probably no-sell as well.

And this is before Thor and Odin start doing their thing. Thor's AoE's are going to leave acres of corpses and droid parts to pick up.
    Pretty much this you'd need 6o remove Thor, Odin and probably Loki and give them at least Episode Two levels of forces

Quote Originally Posted by Stigmazilla View Post
    Pretty much this you'd need 6o remove Thor, Odin and probably Loki and give them at least Episode Two levels of forces
    episode two would be a stomp the other way. the clones and droids were packing serious heat in that one.

but yeah, i dont recall ep 1 battle being that impressive.

Yeah, SW would need the combined Episode 2 forces of Loyalist and Resistance armies to stand a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by k von doom View Post
    Yeah, SW would need the combined Episode 2 forces of Loyalist and Resistance armies to stand a chance.
    Even then, can they dent Thor's armor? Nothing they have done says "yes" to that.
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Astonishing Member

What do the ships bring into the fight? We never saw the Asgardian shield take SW ship level bombardment. As far as their soldiers being tough, they had no ranged weapons and lots of trouble against the opposition with energy small arms.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    What do the ships bring into the fight? We never saw the Asgardian shield take SW ship level bombardment. As far as their soldiers being tough, they had no ranged weapons and lots of trouble against the opposition with energy small arms.
    The difference is that Asgardians have feats for no-selling bullets, and basic Star Wars blasters don't really hit harder than bullets.

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    The difference is that Asgardians have feats for no-selling bullets, and basic Star Wars blasters don't really hit harder than bullets.
    Which feats are you talking about? I legit don't remember.

Quote Originally Posted by Slade1 View Post
    Which feats are you talking about? I legit don't remember.
    Loki took gunfire to the face in Avengers. Lady Sif took a shotgun blast in AoS.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Loki took gunfire to the face in Avengers. Lady Sif took a shotgun blast in AoS.
    Lady Sif I get but weren't typical Asgardians gunned down by Malekith's men? I'm at work and don't have access to Youtube.

And technically Loki isn't an Asgardian. :P

IIRC, Malekith's men were using laser beams and freaking black hole grenades. Which is awesome.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    IIRC, Malekith's men were using laser beams and freaking black hole grenades. Which is awesome.
    I remember the black hole grenades but I thought there were some conventional firearms as well...but I could be mistaken.

It was all energy weapons.
    - big_adventure

Blaster bolts work via heat and are more akin to the Dark Elf blasters than bullets, and iirc blaster bolts are more impressive than the shotgun pellets that hit Sif.