Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic Cyclist View Post

Unless it's spooked and panicking there's no reason for a horse of that breed and health condition to die from a ride like that. Arabs, Berbers, or any other breed descended from the Turkomen horse aside from Thoroughbreds should be just fine with a fifteen hour ride through the desert. Even the non working ones still excel at hundred plus mile rides over a short period of time in extreme conditions. Ones like Bruce and Selina rode, just like the ones Dick and Damian showed up on, would have come from a stable that specializes in endurance bred racers.
    You don't seem to have taken weight into consideration. I'm not a horse expert, but from my understanding, Bruce and Selina, plus their clothing and equipment--easily more than 350lb, probably closer to 400lb--are way too heavy for a normal horse.

I am really surprised for what did Bruce with Martha Wayne..

Quote Originally Posted by Ten_to_Three View Post
    You don't seem to have taken weight into consideration. I'm not a horse expert, but from my understanding, Bruce and Selina, plus their clothing and equipment--easily more than 350lb, probably closer to 400lb--are way too heavy for a normal horse.
    Which begs the question why the World's Greatest Detective and a character who is supposed to have an affinity with animals [at least one family of animals] decided to take ONE horse instead of flying or just asking the guards who are under orders by the JL to simply bring the wanted Holly to Gotham.

Stupidity.

I guess bruce forgot or can't do basic math or they just don't give a flying f**k about a living creature so long as they get some skin to skin contact during travel. It was poor writing for the sake of some pulpy imagery.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    I am really surprised for what did Bruce with Martha Wayne..
    I'm glad he did. Things would have been a lot worse if Thomas got his way.

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    I'm glad he did. Things would have been a lot worse if Thomas got his way.
    I may have missed it, it's it Bruce's Martha or Flashpoint Martha? The interactions kind of bother me as that Thomas is not that Bruces father, and the way they talk is like they are.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by SixSpeedSamurai View Post
    I may have missed it, it's it Bruce's Martha or Flashpoint Martha? The interactions kind of bother me as that Thomas is not that Bruces father, and the way they talk is like they are.
    I mean, if I met a guy who looked, sounded, acted like, had the same DNA and name as and had all the same memories as my dad, and I looked, sounded, acted like, had the same DNA and name as and had the same memories as his son, I imagine we would interact like we were father and son.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ten_to_Three View Post
    Nope. I didn't. You seem to have forgotten that Selina was riding by herself until the horse died. So if you take into account that Selina is generally portrayed as under 125 pounds and with all the gear her horse was carrying less than a 150 pounds, you continue to have a situation where the horse should not have died. That mare should have been in less stress than the two in this issue. Which means you must take into account the fact cats consider Selina one of them, therefore horses do too. That poor mare thought that she had a leopard on her back and couldn't get away.

I think that you may need to read the issue, well, the preview again as you seem to only remember the part after the horse dies.

Bruce's horse, the one that carried both of them, survived despite the stress.

Fantastic Member

He is Bruce's father. As you may not recall, Flashpoint isn't an elseworlds. It's the main continuity (hypothetically) but altered by Barry Allen being a self absorbed douche who decided he didn't want to be dead or to have his mother dead. So he completely rewrites things from before his birth which alters everything from the Kents decision to hand Clark over to the authorities instead of adopting him to the Wayne mugger jerking the wrong way and killing Bruce instead of his parents.

The point of the story is the erasure of Crisis on Infinite Earths and the ripple effect is where the New 52 came from. So this is Bruce's dad. He just happen to be a not nice person, but that's been played with since the 90s.

Technically, Flashpoint Martha and Bruce's Martha are the same person, one just went off the deep end after seeing her son murdered and husband beat a man to death. It's plausible if you look at Beth Kane to assume Martha would go full Joker in that situation. Although in this case, Thomas is bringing back the woman who didn't experience the worst pain a person can, the death of a child, so Thomas gets back the compassionate, ballsy, social justice warrior instead of the woman who hates his guts for causing their son's death. Win-win for everyone!

They don't straight up say, but I assume it was the corpse of Bruce's Martha they had rather than Flashpoint Martha, especially since they say Bruce buried it so he saw and handled the corpse firsthand, so he would probably be able to tell if it was his or not.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

He is Bruce's father. As you may not recall, Flashpoint isn't an elseworlds. It's the main continuity (hypothetically) but altered by Barry Allen being a self absorbed douche who decided he didn't want to be dead or to have his mother dead. So he completely rewrites things from before his birth which alters everything from the Kents decision to hand Clark over to the authorities instead of adopting him to the Wayne mugger jerking the wrong way and killing Bruce instead of his parents.

The point of the story is the erasure of Crisis on Infinite Earths and the ripple effect is where the New 52 came from. So this is Bruce's dad. He just happen to be a not nice person, but that's been played with since the 90s.

Technically, Flashpoint Martha and Bruce's Martha are the same person, one just went off the deep end after seeing her son murdered and husband beat a man to death. It's plausible if you look at Beth Kane to assume Martha would go full Joker in that situation. Although in this case, Thomas is bringing back the woman who didn't experience the worst pain a person can, the death of a child, so Thomas gets back the compassionate, ballsy, social justice warrior instead of the woman who hates his guts for causing their son's death. Win-win for everyone!
    Oooh, that's the one I didn't get because Flashpoint is an alternate timeline, but yeah, Rebirth has established that all alternate timelines that happened and erased, rectified or rebooted are canon as one single timeline. The people in it are just unaware or forget.

Batman 256 has been directly referenced several times. It should have been one of your clues that the wedding wasn't going to happen, Bane was manipulating the relationship, and bad things would happen to Dick. It's not the only time Batman tracks Catwoman based on horses spooking around her, but it's one of the most prominent as it has her riding a white tiger while Batman chases her on horseback.

Unless it's spooked and panicking there's no reason for a horse of that breed and health condition to die from a ride like that. Arabs, Berbers, or any other breed descended from the Turkomen horse aside from Thoroughbreds should be just fine with a fifteen hour ride through the desert. Even the non working ones still excel at hundred plus mile rides over a short period of time in extreme conditions. Ones like Bruce and Selina rode, just like the ones Dick and Damian showed up on, would have come from a stable that specializes in endurance bred racers.

On the plus side the horses on the ride back wouldn't have been constantly freaked out and allowed to panic as both Dick and Damian were raised to put animals first and manage their stress. Both of them are firmly established as being friends to all animals, not just one family of animals.
    “Whenever I meet a woman I can care for, she's an enemy! And that's my curse!”

- Spoken while gazing at images of Selina and Talia. Life is pain

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by cgh View Post
    “Whenever I meet a woman I can care for, she's an enemy! And that's my curse!”

- Spoken while gazing at images of Selina and Talia. Life is pain
    Yeah. That's Bruce Wayne for you. Or worse, she decides (Silver St. Cloud) that you're work is too dangerous for her to handle, but too important to ask you to quit. Or her father was a criminal (Julie Madison) which prevents you from feeling like committing so she leaves you but happily shows up when you have amnesia and have forgotten you have children because then she can have a happy marriage with you. Or she's a reporter and you can't trust her plus she's got a weird attraction to both you and your wards (Vicki Vale).Or she's a reporter and married to Superman (Lois Lane). Or she's a coworker and a really good friend that sometimes does things that make you not trust her (Zatanna, Wonder Woman). Or she chooses life as a vigilante over you (Andrea Beaumont). Or else she gets turned back into a child (Shondra Kingsolver). Or else she's accused of being your murder accomplice and ends up having to blow up her life and become a super spy (Sasha Bordeaux). Or she gets murdered (I'm not even going to try, there's too many but the most notable is Vesper Fairchild).

Methinks Bruce has a pattern of falling for women he knows will be unavailable.

I think he is also cursed, I know the entire Wayne Family was cursed more than once, including by a woman that Bruce fell in love with and had a relationship with while falling through time.

Which is yet another not good relationship. The man really needs to sit down with some friends and a therapist and examine why he keeps self sabotaging himself. It's not like he doesn't have people who are experts at dealing with curses in his life.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    Post more please.
    Sure. I think Rebirth is still canon therefore Biscuits is too so let's get back to the issue at hand:

Bruce climbs out of the Pit. Beaten. Miles from help. The horses are gone. His dad is gone. The sand shifts behind him and he turns, ready for another fight despite his injuries and there is Biscuits.

She's come for him. Followed him through the dimensions, leaving her herd, her friends and family behind. Biscuits has chosen him. She pokes his injuries. He feels better. She snorts at the assassin and flicks her ears at Bruce, but pokes him too. Then she kneels down so he can mount up without effort. Not that he needs it, he feels like he did after regaining his memories.

Together they rear up and then wheel off to race towards Gotham, because Selina may have left him, his kids and friends may all currently be unhappy with him, and his dad has come back from the dead crazy and convinced that the Robins aren't family, but Biscuits loves him. Plus Biscuits understands that being extra is awesome.

"I know your kind doesn't approve of lying," he tells her. She flicks a question at him with her ears. He answers, "I'm not allowed to bring home pets to keep, just like Damian doesn't get to keep the children he keeps finding."

Biscuits snorts, and Bruce amends it, "Steals. That's why he can't keep them. But Alfred lets him keep the pets, including magical creatures. So we have to pretend you followed him home."

Little does Bruce know that Tim is also having this conversation with another pink maned unicorn. Or that this is how he will defeat Bane: by introducing him to My Little Ponies: Friendship is Magic therefore sending the villain on a quest for his own unicorn.

Batcow meanwhile, continues her plans of world domination. Only Aquaman is aware that it's a cow, but no one believes him as he yells frantically "Cows kill more humans in the US every year than sharks do all over the world in a decade! We can't trust the Cow! She's the one spreading Bat gear and framing people. She's personally going after Jason because he keeps trying to eat her and Jerry!"

*I don't know about everyone else, but the fact that both Bruce and Time ride pink unicorns in current is awesome, as is the fact that Damian is apparently a Brony in the Batman vs TTMNT books.

Well, I might (probably) regret this but I'm back (the Phantasm tease for BatCat 1 has me interested again). I hope this issue is a good one *crosses fingers & toes*
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."