Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by Venomous Mask View Post
    Oh, ok, I see. I think that She-Hulk's new look is a bit ridiculous, but to go on screeds about how she isn't 'hot' anymore, that's just stupid. I will say that from Hulk canon, we all know how unstable gamma mutation can be, both on the body and the mind, so She-Hulk developing a more feral personality, at least temporarily, is not out of the question. I don't know if it's been done yet, but I'd love to see an in-universe scientific piece that goes into the effects of gamma on one's body, bringing in nearly all of the continuity and trying to make a coherent theory about it.
    It's not about how hot she is or isn't, it's about how she's lost the core of who she is. Strong, confident, sex-positive. Don't let others try to convince you it's about how "hot" she is, because reducing She-Hulk to her looks is a whole different issue altogether.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Marvel can do with the characters whatever they want. If they want, they could turn Captain America gay and marrying him with Bucky, because depiste being created by Simon and Kirby, they have the property of the characters to do it. They are the legitime owners of the characters. They can do it. Simple.
    As a reader, as a consumer, as a fan you have several options:

If you like the change, you can keep buying ad reading comics and share your hobbie wth other persons who think alike,sending a signal to the publisher than tells them they are right.
    If you don't like the change, well, you can drop the book, hoping to return later when thing go back to previous status quo; you can continued buying the book depiste don't like the changes because you simple can't stop buying decause you simply do it from habit and express you disconformity talking with others or for internet,but don't expect things return soon to a previous status; You can give up comics or just superhero comics and developt other hobbies; You can read other characters you enjoy more. Or re-read the old comics you enjoyed in your time. Maybe Marvel is doing the right thing with the changes and you dislike them because they are not your characters (they never were yours, either) or simply they are driving the bussiness down. Not your problem. Your comics will not dissapear. And there are many options in life.

True, you can express your disconformity with the authors in Marvel, but you must keep in mind:

1. You must keep your manners. In the age of internet basic cortesy has been lost. And cortesy it is relevant, specially if you act irrationally, either in internet or ptp. Screaming louder don't distort the universe to fit your perceptions.
    2. The author are neither the owners of the characters, they give a proposal (or asked by) approved editors, (many times a book can be either helped or killed by a good or bad editor) so you should think than if it had not been him, it would have been another.
    3. Everything goes back, cyclically. Eventually everything goes back, because you must change thing to keep them the same. Mostly.

So no, nobody should "call out" Marvel. They can do whatever they want. You can express you dislike about what Marvel does, politely. If you do that, then nobody either could call you to shut up and don't express your feelings about that. But keep in mind, always, politely.
    Absolutely, so many amazing creators leave public forums because of being "called out." Let them live in peace they do not owe us anything, if you think they are not good then don't support them monetarily; but leave them alone because as fans we only have two options: buying books or not.

People detach the fact that these creators are human and being targeted by a horde of people is 1) scary, 2) bad for their mental health, and 3) toxic to the medium. Just go and read the effect that this "calling out" culture has done to some of these creators.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    It's not about how hot she is or isn't, it's about how she's lost the core of who she is. Strong, confident, sex-positive. Don't let others try to convince you it's about how "hot" she is, because reducing She-Hulk to her looks is a whole different issue altogether.
    She still seems pretty sex positive to me. I guess the issue here for me is that tons of characters go through periods of doubt. Why is that worse for her?

Fantastic Member Venom Melendez's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    Talking to a creator and harassing are two different things.
    And yet some people here seem to be advocating harassment.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    It's not about how hot she is or isn't, it's about how she's lost the core of who she is. Strong, confident, sex-positive.
    She is really strong now though and she is still sexually active.

I think the issue is more that she's so serious now.
    Last edited by Venom Melendez; 07-09-2019 at 03:00 PM.

This thread seems like bait to celebrate in-person personal/angry confrontations with comic professionals. I appreciate that most of you are against it and that none of you seem to be doing it or are planning to, but let's file this thread away in the "a terrible idea" cabinet.
    Conn Seanery
    CBR Forums Administrator ~ Ron Swansonite ~ Brock Samson will show us the way
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

"Hnh. Could Bowie have been a mutant?" ~Dr. Doom (Hellfire Gala 2022)