Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Editor Jake Thomas made the wrong call in not titling this KUNG-FU(NGUS) -- like, real bad.

Love seeing Sparrow listed second in the character list; love knowing the antagonistic entity comes from K'un Lun.

Could it have something to do with those living plant tree guys?

-Pav, who wonders about the other million characters...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

My first out-of-body experience was reading classic IF and getting to those plant guys. I have never been so confused and I still don't think they're real.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

BANNED

Read the first issue. Decent enough start. Nothing mind blowing but enough to keep me going with it.

Good characterization by Brisson, especially with Ben, who's the primary character in this first issue.

Art could have conveyed the gooey nature of the biological horror better but it's fine. Maybe the other artists involved will ramp that aspect up.

BANNED

Nothing we haven't seen before. Lol

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Desmark View Post
    Nothing we haven't seen before. Lol
    It definitely trades in familiar elements but combines them in a way we haven't seen too often.

I certainly can't think of too many - or any off the top of my head, really - Marvel series that have been about heroes combating biological horror.

(EDIT: Just thought of one - Geoff Johns' Red Zone arc in The Avengers!)

So there's some novelty in that.

As I said, the first issue was fine. Nothing great but still well done. Issue #2 will tell me whether or not I want to stick with it through the whole event.
    Last edited by Prof. Warren; 10-04-2019 at 04:12 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    It definitely trades in familiar elements but combines them in a way we haven't seen too often.

I certainly can't think of too many - or any off the top of my head, really - Marvel series that have been about heroes combating biological horror.

(EDIT: Just thought of one - Geoff Johns' Red Zone arc in The Avengers!)

So there's some novelty in that.

As I said, the first issue was fine. Nothing great but still well done. Issue #2 will tell me whether or not I want to stick with it through the whole event.
    American Carnage, Poison, Weapon XI, World War Hulks, Live Kree or Die, The Clone Conspiracy all involve a variation of the same 'contagion' element.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Desmark View Post
    American Carnage, Poison, Weapon XI, World War Hulks, Live Kree or Die, The Clone Conspiracy all involve a variation of the same 'contagion' element.
    Well, there's a few more. Although some of those don't quite fall under the bio-horror banner for me.

But we'll see if Contagion has any new tricks up its sleeve. The presence of street level favorites like Iron Fist, Luke Cage and Moon Knight guarantees a level of curiosity with me.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Well, there's a few more. Although some of those don't quite fall under the bio-horror banner for me.

But we'll see if Contagion has any new tricks up its sleeve. The presence of street level favorites like Iron Fist, Luke Cage and Moon Knight guarantees a level of curiosity with me.
    Same. I'm here for the cast of characters; hopefully the horror elements are strong enough to carry the antagonistic aspect of the story.

But what's with comics lately bringing in Iron Fist at the last possible point in the issue?! Haha, this and Lethal Weapons both kept me waiting for the IF goodness!

-Pav, who can't wait to see Pei...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details