Page 32 of 43 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334353642 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by FutureWonder View Post
    Did they announce that Captain Marvel, Black Panther, and Shang Chi are going to be the Tony Stark, Thor, and Captain America of their new phase? Cuz I could totally get behind that. Otherwise, no thanks.
    Actually yeah, that's basically the plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    Why are only MCU fans looking at it as bad news? Can I remind everyone Sony put out the best Spiderman movies and got the character better under Raimi and Spiderverse's leadership.
    Can I remind you of how Spider-Man 3 and the ASM movies and its planned spinoffs fared under Sony's leadership?

If you remember when I spoke about the lack of neutrality on both sides, look no further than how this is getting reported. its all ''sony's fault'', ''sony are making a huge mistake''. blah blah, blah. it tells you a lot how much everyone likes to side with Marvel studios more when they have not earned it.
    Marvel Studios has earned far more trust then Sony in terms of managing franchises like this, both in terms of better planning and in investment in storytelling. One can debate whether certain movies they told were the right stories to tell, but at least everyone involved was

Also, I wasn't really commenting on who was the villain in the breakdown of the deal, just that Sony's track record does not inspire trust in and of itself. I hope they prove me wrong big time, although that still won't change the fact that I was invest in the last installment of the MCU Spider-Man trilogy being made under the same deal and it will still hurt that we can't have that, even if whatever Sony cooks up is good in and of itself (the odds of which are not that good, based on history).
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Ant-Man 2 is a better superhero movie than Batman Begins, Batman 89, X-Men 2, Kick Ass and Deadpool because of the higher RT score.lol . that is the only criteria it has to meet. How is this a conversation I am getting sucked into, even I should know better.
    I mean this is the logic of most MCU fans; they swaddle themselves in RT scores and box office numbers so when a thread like this comes along they cannot comprehend how anyone could dislike the MCU. Its very reminiscent of Plato's Allegory of the Cave, except, instead of the crowd watching shadows on the wall, they're watching mediocre movies.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Can I remind you of how Spider-Man 3 and the ASM movies and its planned spinoffs fared under Sony's leadership?

They fared the same as MCU movies, MCU fared worse to me because of how immature and disney cloned it is. Too much Ironboy. Respect to Garfield for this scene. The first Garfield movie is a better ''spiderman'' movie to me than the 2 mcu movies as it captured ''spidermanisms'' better than the MCU.

If this was a MCU movie, RT will give it a 90%

Marvel Studios has earned far more trust then Sony in terms of managing franchises like this, both in terms of better planning and in investment in storytelling. One can debate whether certain movies they told were the right stories to tell, but at least everyone involved was

Also, I wasn't really commenting on who was the villain in the breakdown of the deal, just that Sony's track record does not inspire trust in and of itself. I hope they prove me wrong big time, although that still won't change the fact that I was invest in the last installment of the MCU Spider-Man trilogy being made under the same deal and it will still hurt that we can't have that, even if whatever Sony cooks up is good in and of itself (the odds of which are not that good, based on history).
    Sony has 3 spiderman films of a higher independently made driven quality to 2 marvel studios spiderman movies. The sony spiderman critical reception is not tainted, questioned or untrustworthy. they came at a time, when superhero movies had to be more than fun. As for trust, where is the trust? I think MCU fans trust MCU. Many Spiderman fans don't trust MCU.

Marvel has the same kind of track record as everyone else. It goes back to the conversation discussion before . Marvel has no flaws and everyone does, You need to see the situation not from an MCU fan point but from a spiderman fan point that already had a successful spiderman trilogy.
    Last edited by Beaddle; 08-21-2019 at 03:00 PM.

BANNED

A bumpy road ahead for the MCU, gone are Stark, Rogers and now Parker, the three most popular heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by luprki View Post
    A bumpy road ahead for the MCU, gone are Stark, Rogers and now Parker, the three most popular heroes.
    Considering Black Panther and Captain Marvel both made over a billion dollars, I doubt they have too much to worry about.

Because of the MCU's track record, the marvel brand ITSELF has value. They can put out movies based on B list heroes and still be very very very sucessful.

And acquiring the Fox properites back likely means they have more potential IP's than they could ever hope to make movies out of.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Considering Black Panther and Captain Marvel both made over a billion dollars, I doubt they have too much to worry about.

Because of the MCU's track record, the marvel brand ITSELF has value. They can put out movies based on B list heroes and still be very very very sucessful.

And acquiring the Fox properites back likely means they have more potential IP's than they could ever hope to make movies out of.
    Yea but that doesnt sound as cool as the MCU being on the verge of collapse. The same people who were saying they're was Spiderman fatigue after Homecoming made under a billion with Ironman in it and that FFH only made 1b because of the Avengers boost. Now are the same people saying without Spiderman Marvel is in trouble, when evidence shows Marvel can turn Guardians of the Galaxy,Black Panther, Captain Marvel into smash hits. Eternals ,Shang Chi, F4,Xmen,Nova,Blade,Thor, Dr Strange,Wanda and Vision, Loki, Hawkeye and Kate Bishop, Cap Falcon , and Bucky. these are just characters they are using now or have plans for in the near future. Not to mention all the random Avengers who are still around to be used. Black Widows got one more movie. Hulk is still here with rumors he might get a Disney+ show since they cant make a movie, Rhodey, Antman and the Wasp... also tons of character they can still use. Marvels problems is people want more and they can only release so many movies a year.

BANNED

They can rely on BP, but CM I doubt. The first CM only did good because it was released between IW and EG and was strongly tied to both movies. CM2 is not going to have that kind of support.

They can rely on BP, but CM I doubt. The first CM only did good because it was released between IW and EG and was strongly tied to both movies. CM2 is not going to have that kind of support.
    The last Thor and Guardians of the Galaxy earned over 850 million. They're not members of the billion dollar club, but that's certainly very very sucessful. It's in the same ballpark as Batman vs Superman. Obviously Bats and Supes are bigger but second tier marvel characters still had comparable box office sucess.

Even the lesser performing MCU movies like Ant-Man/Wasp and Dr. Strange performed roughly in the same ballpark as Man of Steel and Logan.

Again, the marvel brand name is strong to the point where they don't even need to rely on A list comic book characters to put out profitable movies. They don't all earn a billion dollars, but they are all very profitable.
    Last edited by XPac; 08-21-2019 at 01:58 PM.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Lol, no it wasn't. The only thing that tied Captain Marvel to Infinity War was the beeper in the after credit scene. She was a minor character in Endgame.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Yea but that doesnt sound as cool as the MCU being on the verge of collapse. The same people who were saying they're was Spiderman fatigue after Homecoming made under a billion with Ironman in it and that FFH only made 1b because of the Avengers boost. Now are the same people saying without Spiderman Marvel is in trouble, when evidence shows Marvel can turn Guardians of the Galaxy,Black Panther, Captain Marvel into smash hits. Eternals ,Shang Chi, F4,Xmen,Nova,Blade,Thor, Dr Strange,Wanda and Vision, Loki, Hawkeye and Kate Bishop, Cap Falcon , and Bucky. these are just characters they are using now or have plans for in the near future. Not to mention all the random Avengers who are still around to be used. Black Widows got one more movie. Hulk is still here with rumors he might get a Disney+ show since they cant make a movie, Rhodey, Antman and the Wasp... also tons of character they can still use. Marvels problems is people want more and they can only release so many movies a year.
    This is just strawman. No one here said the MCU was on the verge of collapse and even if they did, responding to hyperbole with more hyperbole is a loosing tactic.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Lol, no it wasn't. The only thing that tied Captain Marvel to Infinity War was the beeper in the after credit scene. She was a minor character in Endgame.
    Which is why a lot of people felt cheated.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    But she still tied to both movies

But she still tied to both movies
    Ant-Man was tied to Infinity War and End Game, but it didn't earn a billion dollars. So I don't think we can give all or even the majority of the credit to that alone.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post

I'd be careful about putting the brand over the performers.

WWE tried that and it's biting them in the ass now.