Page 24 of 43 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    This thread is just a toxic dumping ground for XCU and DCU fans unhappy that their franchises were poorly managed.
    Better here than every single other thread.

Should sticky.

This thread is just a toxic dumping ground for XCU and DCU fans unhappy that their franchises were poorly managed.
    You can be a fan of all, none and some. the mcu vs dc vs xmen war is so overrated. If there is one thing I don't like about the MCU is how it brought out this bizarre loyalty among some of us. Sometimes the best fans are the people who honestly criticize their franchises when they mess up. I have met some people who don't even think MCU has any single flaw. not any. If Simon Kinberg made an awful MCU movie tomorrow, he would have tons of supporters, who will tell us it is a great film all because it is a marvel studio production.
    Last edited by Beaddle; 08-16-2019 at 02:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    You can be a fan of all, none and some. the mcu vs dc vs xmen war is so overrated. If there is one thing I don't like about the MCU is how it brought out this bizarre loyalty among some of us. Sometimes the best fans are the people who honestly criticize their franchises when they mess up. I have met some people who don't even think MCU has any single flaw. not any. If Simon Kinberg made an awful MCU movie tomorrow, he would have tons of supporters, who will tell us it is a great film all because it is a marvel studio production.
    The worst MCU movie is a mediocre action movie with decent SFX, a competent internal narrative and reasonable themes. The worst DCU movie is none of those whilst the XCU can maybe get one or two of those.

But tbh, I've seen you in countless threads shitting on Disney. I get it, you dont like them. Fair enough. Stop wasting our time though.

BANNED

I have met some people who don't even think MCU has any single flaw. not any.
    I have no real way to prove either way, but I seriously doubt this.

BANNED

I totally agree. When the FoXMen, DC and SW do something terrible their fans will let them know this is bad.
    When the MCU do something terrible, the MCU fans call it great. They act like the MCU is perfect and can do no wrong.
    Last edited by luprki; 08-16-2019 at 09:28 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by luprki View Post
    I totally agree. When the FoXMen, DC and SW do something terrible their fans will let them know this is bad.
    When the MCU do something terrible, the MCU fans call it great. They act like the MCU is perfect and can do no wrong.
    There are people that defend Justice League as a movie, y'know...

BANNED

I disagree, this thread is not a toxic dumping ground for unhappy XCU and DC fans. I think all three franchises have major flaws.
    The difference is the XCU and DC fans can admit their flaws, the MCU fans can’t.

Astonishing Member

The dislike for XCU and DCEU films pales in comparison to the almost religious like cult hatred of MCU films. It's like a mission statement to tear down the MCU universe no matter how successful each film can be. There will be a lot of happy faces when the first MCU outright bombs at the box office. It will be quite amusing to read all the posts when that happens.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    I have no real way to prove either way, but I seriously doubt this.
    I've never read any MCU fan that enjoyed all 23 films. Everyone has their favorites and ones they don't want to watch ever again.

I disagree, this thread is not a toxic dumping ground for unhappy XCU and DC fans. I think all three franchises have major flaws.
    The difference is the XCU and DC fans can admit their flaws, the MCU fans can’t.
    Depends. Certainly on a thread like this, you are going to hear advocates bring up the series' strengths more then the weaknesses, which does create a different impression. Heck, start a "MCU is better then the Fox X-Men series and you'll me brining up points where the latter did better.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

BANNED

In some cases the MCU is better than the XCU and in some cases it’s not. I doubt not many or no MCU fans will admit this fact.
    Last edited by luprki; 08-16-2019 at 11:17 AM.

BANNED

In some cases the MCU is better than the XCU and in some cases it’s not. I doubt not many or no MCU fans will admit this fact.
    It's your (and Beadle's) use of absolutes like this that make it...so...very...hard...to take you seriously.

In some cases the MCU is better than the XCU and in some cases itÂ’s not. I doubt that any or no MCU fan will admit this fact.
    Perhaps the strangest bizarre loyalty of all. Marvel fans were usually the first people to tell you it was x-men 1 that brought seriousness, realism and story depth to superhero movies. It was X-Men 1 that took most of the damage that batman and robin did. Many DC fans said so too. Many MCU fans from my experiences always find it hard to admit that. X-Men 1 is still a marvel movie right? why do some people give a cent about what studio made the film? its marvel. its marvel.

Let me ask people why is there a so called war now? where was there no war with Sony and Fox and Universal and Newline. Spiderman vs X-men vs Hulk vs Blade was not a thing. All marvel films released by different studios with nothing to do with each other. The so called war only started when marvel studios ended phase 1. no marvel fan ever gave a cent about what studio made Spiderman 2, Xmen 2, Hulk, or Blade. They just wanted quality marvel movies. Marvel fans will praise Fox for X2 and bash Fox for fantastic 4 2005.

Its really extremely bizarre. I never saw Spiderman fans or Xmen fans fighting over their movies or which 3rd entry is worse, X-Men 3 or Spiderman 3. How some can just hate a marvel movie because its not part of the MCU is beyond baffling to me. We didn't used to think like that pre Avengers 2012. I am just sick of all the studio loyalty from the MCU. it has ruined real comic movies criticism not for fans but for critics as well who earn a living from criticizing films.

Wait till you see all the excuses and justifications from the MCU when mutants are introduced as a failed experiment from tony stark's lab. This alone would have had the potential to end a fox or sony xmen movie before it got a screen writer to map it out. When its MCU, we would be told how ''cool and modern'' it is that mutants are introduced as such to the mcu.
    Last edited by Beaddle; 08-16-2019 at 12:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    I've never read any MCU fan that enjoyed all 23 films. Everyone has their favorites and ones they don't want to watch ever again.
    I enjoyed all 23 Marvel films. I could watch any of them at any time and I’m really very excited about what’s coming up. I’m glad to have helped cross something off your list.

BANNED

You might find more people willing to talk about strengths and weaknesses if you got off that flimsy branch you argue on every day. Why would anyone want to have a nuanced discussion like that with people who clearly have no interest in returning the favor?

And if I'm wrong, why don't you start with a take that actually reflects your feelings about the MCU being better. It might make it more palatable to engage with you.