Page 30 of 43 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast
Results 436 to 450 of 637
  1. #436
    King of Wakanda Midvillian1322's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    7,659

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by luprki View Post
    Another problem with the MCU is it’s leans toward the superhero persona over the person.
    When and what chatacters ? People complained we got too much Tony Stark in Ironman 3. One of the criticisms about the MCU is that they are the heroes story and so villians get the shaft sometimes.
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 08-20-2019 at 10:39 PM.

  2. #437
    Scarlet and Proud! Star_Jammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,050

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by luprki View Post
    Another problem with the MCU is itís leans toward the superhero persona over the person.
    Thatís really out of left field. Running out of material?
    "Auto-correct is my worst enema."

  3. #438
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    1,397

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    That’s really out of left field. Running out of material?
    Batman runs on that shit.

  4. #439
    BANNED Beaddle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    564

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    I'm one of those people. We do exist, believe it or not.



    I think your MCU hate is blinding you to exactly what's happening here. This is bad news through and through.
    Why are only MCU fans looking at it as bad news? Can I remind everyone Sony put out the best Spiderman movies and got the character better under Raimi and Spiderverse's leadership.

    Seriously? It's a good thing that the company that's screwed over every previous series in the franchise and proven that the don't have any idea where they're going or what they're doing are the one's calling the shots?
    If you remember when I spoke about the lack of neutrality on both sides, look no further than how this is getting reported. its all ''sony's fault'', ''sony are making a huge mistake''. blah blah, blah. it tells you a lot how much everyone likes to side with Marvel studios more when they have not earned it.

  5. #440
    Astonishing Member Killerbee911's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    2,343

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    Why are only MCU fans looking at it as bad news? Can I remind everyone Sony put out the best Spiderman movies and got the character better under Raimi and Spiderverse's leadership.

    .
    People are looking at as bad news because they want all Marvel characters to be able to play together.It is not more complex that.. but if you need another reason it was because last 3 spiderman movies(Spiderman 3 and ASM 1&2) all produce by Sony alone sucked. They sucked so bad that Sony ran to Marvel and went can you save us from ourselves.

    The best spiderman movies? You realize that is opinion it is not going to be proven right or wrong. But hey the guys who made the classic that is Venom that is who you want making Spiderman movies? The guys who put Into the Spiderverse in crap release slot and didn't promote it well because they didn't realize how good it was that is the guys we are suppose to be trusting? I hate to tell you this but Sami Rami isn't making Spiderman movies anymore(and we all remember the third one) where in world is the extreme confidence that Sony isn't going to jack things up coming from?

    And that is why people can call into question neutrality just because you don't like Marvel thus you are going hey Sony with full control that must be a great thing. Sami Rami and company made 2 good spiderman movies therefore Sony who made 3 pretty bad Spiderman movies after those two good movies and Venom the type of movie you criticize MCU for making for that is track record people should be excited about. I don't think Sony will crap the bed again with Spiderman especially with live action Spiderverse as possibility but there is every reason to doubt Sony. Even people who don't like that MCU Spiderman leans on Iron man stuff to hard understand that pretty much everything else is good and they are making good movies.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 08-21-2019 at 03:39 AM.

  6. #441
    Scarlet and Proud! Star_Jammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,050

    Default

    Calling for neutrality? In this thread??

    Ha...ha...haaaaaa...*

    (*My dying breath)
    "Auto-correct is my worst enema."

  7. #442
    BANNED Beaddle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    564

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    Calling for neutrality? In this thread??

    Ha...ha...haaaaaa...*

    (*My dying breath)
    I was not calling for neutrality on this thread, it was more about the news report of the failed deal. Sony is getting painted too much as the villain. This is not the first time one studio is made to look bad, despite my utter personal resentment for how Fox was dumb enough to do a dark phoenix movie with Kinberg, the newsfeeds did not treat the movie fairly as they should. Its the same with Sony. Truly truly really I think this cinematic crossover era has truly brainwashed too many people outhere.The way they go after any movie with no MCU crossover connection is beginning to worry me. I want to scream ''snap out of it''. Superman 1978 is not even in a crossover.

    Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    People are looking at as bad news because they want all Marvel characters to be able to play together.It is not more complex that.. but if you need another reason it was because last 3 spiderman movies(Spiderman 3 and ASM 1&2) all produce by Sony alone sucked. They sucked so bad that Sony ran to Marvel and went can you save us from ourselves.

    .
    Not all people are looking at it as a bad thing.Its just the Disney lackey spin. do people want all marvel movies to be together at the expense of less disney processed factory movies? would people want that if we knew spiderverse, logan and deadpool , X-Men 1, Spiderman 1, Blade would have been wiped out from existence. People don't want all marvel movies to be the same thing, they are open to different interpretations than Disney can give them.

    Many people don't care about a crossover universe and will happily accept a superhero movie they personally enjoy as long as it is in their taste. Please tell me again how Sony and fox found success with Spiderman and Xmen before the MCU if it is not because of this truth I am saying.

    The best spiderman movies? You realize that is opinion it is not going to be proven right or wrong. But hey the guys who made the classic that is Venom that is who you want making Spiderman movies? The guys who put Into the Spiderverse in crap release slot and didn't promote it well because they didn't realize how good it was that is the guys we are suppose to be trusting? I hate to tell you this but Sami Rami isn't making Spiderman movies anymore(and we all remember the third one) where in world is the extreme confidence that Sony isn't going to jack things up coming from?
    Venom was one of the killers of the deal. Venom is not considered a good movie any more than Homecoming is.


    And that is why people can call into question neutrality just because you don't like Marvel thus you are going hey Sony with full control that must be a great thing. Sami Rami and company made 2 good spiderman movies therefore Sony who made 3 pretty bad Spiderman movies after those two good movies and Venom the type of movie you criticize MCU for making for that is track record people should be excited about. I don't think Sony will crap the bed again with Spiderman especially with live action Spiderverse as possibility but there is every reason to doubt Sony. Even people who don't like that MCU Spiderman leans on Iron man stuff to hard understand that pretty much everything else is good and they are making good movies.
    How can you doubt sony more than marvel? What has marvel done that has made you earn their must any more than Sony. If you ask me, they can be both as bad as Fox and Warner Brothers.
    Last edited by Beaddle; 08-21-2019 at 04:35 AM.

  8. #443
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Bronx, New York
    Posts
    6,818

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    .




    How can you doubt sony more than marvel? What has marvel done that has made you earn their must any more than Sony. If you ask me, they can be both as bad as Fox and Warner Brothers.
    Marvel hasn't made a movie that's an outright stinker. Their lowest movies are mediocre at worst. Sony has made a good live action Spider-Man movie since 2. 3, the Amazing films and Venom are trash. The leaked emails show how fucking incompetent Sony execs truly are. Tom Ruthman completely fucked X-Men during his time in Fox. He will easily do the same to Spidey once Marvel is out of the picture.

  9. #444
    King of Wakanda Midvillian1322's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    7,659

    Default

    Lol were back to Brainwashing again ^^^^


    And since when is Homecoming not considered good? By every measurable factor the opposite should be true. But someone doesn't like it so it must be how most people feel. The ones who arent brainwashed atleast.
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 08-21-2019 at 04:34 AM.

  10. #445
    BANNED Beaddle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    564

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Lol were back to Brainwashing again ^^^^


    From the newfeeds in Forbes and Deadline. Sony did not want to end the deal. So how are they the bad people? Disney does not need a 50/50 at the cost of loosing spiderman in the MCU.
    And since when is Homecoming not considered good? By every measurable factor the opposite should be true. But someone doesn't like it so it must be how most people feel. The ones who arent brainwashed atleast.
    What measurable factor? this is not the late 90s or mid 2000s. the brainwashing was when most people used to accept if a movie got good rt score and made money. it is good. its not a truth anymore. it never was, people finally caught up. Really sad that it now hurts indie movies too.


    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Marvel hasn't made a movie that's an outright stinker. Their lowest movies are mediocre at worst. Sony has made a good live action Spider-Man movie since 2. 3, the Amazing films and Venom are trash. The leaked emails show how fucking incompetent Sony execs truly are.
    This is only from some MCU fans point of view, maybe a few right now. What happens to another person that think most mcu movies are stinkers?

    Tom Ruthman completely fucked X-Men during his time in Fox. He will easily do the same to Spidey once Marvel is out of the picture.
    I know. I already said Spiderman will survive. If X-Men could survive several disney kill attempts, Spiderman would too. This is me taking a dig at both disney and sony, I think their last spiderman reboots from holland and garfield never measured up to Tobey. I could do without another spiderman reboot for 10 years if we got more games and animated movies.
    Last edited by Beaddle; 08-21-2019 at 04:47 AM.

  11. #446
    Astonishing Member Killerbee911's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    2,343

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    How can you doubt sony more than marvel? What has marvel done that has made you earn their must any more than Sony. If you ask me, they can be both as bad as Fox and Warner Brothers.
    Sony made Spiderman 3, Asm 1 & 2, and Venom. That is their current track record. Fox made X-men Apocalypse, Deadpool 2, X-men Dark Phoenix, and New Mutants(a movie Fox kept shelving) that is their current track record. I am not going to waste my time bringing up Marvel movies because you just said Venom and Homecoming is the quality of movie. To each their own I guess but one company has clearly and consistently the same level of quality overall of their movies since they passed their early phase of movies. They have never made a movie bad enough to force them to reboot their line of movies. 23 movies every one of them made a profit, which means they get a chance to make another movie. All you have do is look at Spiderverse the best spiderman movie to be release awhile to understand why you can't believe in Sony. Sony put that movie up against Aquaman, Bumblebee, Mary Poppins and Battle Angel (which got moved because Fox knew it was going to be smashed). When have you ever seen Disney sabotage movie chance for big success like that? Disney would have marketed the crap out of Spiderverse. Disney has bunch stuff on a slate and they never cannibalize their own product or give them bad release dates. Even a movie like Dumbo was a position to make money. Beyond actual movie-making, Disney is better at selecting quality people to work on movies and making decisions for the overall health of the movies. Replacing in Bryan Singer fox put Simon Kinberg who never directed a movie, In replacing directors of Solo Disney put Ron Howard.

    Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post

    What measurable factor? this is not the late 90s or mid 2000s. the brainwashing was when most people used to accept if a movie got good rt score and made money. it is good. its not a truth anymore. it never was, people finally caught up. Really sad that it now hurts indie movies too.
    You realize that are eliminating every measurable factor to determine what is a good movie. You realize that Rotten Tomatoes have top critics as part of the judging system Spiderman Homecoming when look at by 50 "professional" critics only 4 of them gave Homecoming a negative grade. Far for home when judge by 47 professional movie critics only 6 of them gave it a negative grade. It is an easy argument when you dismiss facts for your own opinion. Something is only legit good if you say it is good. Great system
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 08-21-2019 at 06:13 AM.

  12. #447
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Bronx, New York
    Posts
    6,818

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post

    This is only from some MCU fans point of view, maybe a few right now. What happens to another person that think most mcu movies are stinkers?



    I know. I already said Spiderman will survive. If X-Men could survive several disney kill attempts, Spiderman would too. This is me taking a dig at both disney and sony, I think their last spiderman reboots from holland and garfield never measured up to Tobey. I could do without another spiderman reboot for 10 years if we got more games and animated movies.
    You can't be serious? Spider-Man 3 got crapped on at the time of release. The underwhelming use of Venom, having too much going with three villains and the melodrama of Peter's life, everything about emo Peter. It was ripped apart and age hasn't made it a better movie to fans.

    The MCU wasn't the Juggernaut it is now when the Amazing movies hit theaters. The first was terrible and the second spend too much time setting up a sinister six spin-off it forgot to be it's own movie. Sorry bro but MCU didn't magically make those movies bad. They always were

  13. #448
    BANNED Beaddle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    564

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Sony made Spiderman 3, Asm 1 & 2, and Venom. That is their current track record. Fox made X-men Apocalypse, Deadpool 2, X-men Dark Phoenix, and New Mutants(a movie Fox kept shelving) that is their current track record. I am not going to waste my time bringing up Marvel movies because you just said Venom and Homecoming is the quality of movie. To each their own I guess but one company has clearly and consistently the same level of quality overall of their movies since they passed their early phase of movies. They have never made a movie bad enough to force them to reboot their line of movies. 23 movies every one of them made a profit, which means they get a chance to make another movie. All you have do is look at Spiderverse the best spiderman movie to be release awhile to understand why you can't believe in Sony. Sony put that movie up against Aquaman, Bumblebee, Mary Poppins and Battle Angel (which got moved because Fox knew it was going to be smashed). When have you ever seen Disney sabotage movie chance for big success like that? Disney would have marketed the crap out of Spiderverse. Disney has bunch stuff on a slate and they never cannibalize their own product or give them bad release dates. Even a movie like Dumbo was a position to make money. Beyond actual movie-making, Disney is better at selecting quality people to work on movies and making decisions for the overall health of the movies. Replacing in Bryan Singer fox put Simon Kinberg who never directed a movie,In replacing directors of Solo Disney put Ron Howard.
    Marvel made Iron Man, 2 Iron Man 3, Hulk, Age of Ultron, GOTG 2, Ant Man 2, Ant Man, Thor, 2, Thor 3, Captain Marvel, Black Panther, Dr Strange, Homecoming. Endgame, GOTG and Infinity War war would be disliked if they were X-Men movies. The Raimi Spiderman legacy still burns brightly, it burns out every spiderman reboot. Winter Solider seems to be the only solid movie that has some of the same quality of Spiderman 2. How does homecoming have a better quality than Venom?
    This thread went off track because of the sony/disney deal but it seems back on. marvel has no flaws narrative. marvel has no bad movies but everyone else does. Endgame is a good time travel dystopian genre film based on what measurements?

    You realize that are eliminating every measurable factor to determine what is a good movie. You realize that Rotten Tomatoes have top critics as part of the judging system Spiderman Homecoming when look at by 50 "professional" critics only 4 of them gave Homecoming a negative grade. Far for home when judge by 47 professional movie critics only 6 of them gave it a negative grade. It is an easy argument when you dismiss facts for your own opinion. Something is only legit good if you say it is good. Great system
    If it is such a great system, why has it lost so much impact? RT is used now to mock movies than judge it with integrity. What measure do critics even judge superhero movies right now, it used to be on Aristotle post batman and robin, that dropped with the coming of superhero crossovers. I think someone here said its about how much fun the movie is with no filmmaking precedent. That is not a criticism to take to heart. Please tell me how Black Panther is better than Greenbook because of the RT system.

    The frustration of Ironboy Spiderman , The factory sterilized MCU formulaic movies has cut through the heart of the matter. No amount of supposed box office and critical success is making up for that. The RT system is more ridiculous than before now that people are trying to make it a little bit relevant again, it makes less sense than it ever did.

    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    You can't be serious? Spider-Man 3 got crapped on at the time of release. The underwhelming use of Venom, having too much going with three villains and the melodrama of Peter's life, everything about emo Peter. It was ripped apart and age hasn't made it a better movie to fans.
    MCU Spiderman is also getting crapped but not for the same reasons as Spiderman 3. Is Venom more underwhelming than Pixar Spiderman.


    The MCU wasn't the Juggernaut it is now when the Amazing movies hit theaters. The first was terrible and the second spend too much time setting up a sinister six spin-off it forgot to be it's own movie. Sorry bro but MCU didn't magically make those movies bad. They always were
    Any bad movie is the studios own fault. Sony and MCU both have stinkers, along with Fox and WB.
    Last edited by Beaddle; 08-21-2019 at 07:56 AM.

  14. #449
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    567

    Default

    Its not important if the movies are good or bad in terms of quality. Box office is important.

    We should change good movie to favorit movie.

  15. #450
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Bronx, New York
    Posts
    6,818

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post

    MCU Spiderman is also getting crapped but not for the same reasons as Spiderman 3. Is Venom more underwhelming than Pixar Spiderman.




    Any bad movie is the studios own fault. Sony and MCU both have stinkers, along with Fox and WB.
    The criticism of the new Spider-Man is the heavy integration of the MCU and reliance on Stark. If your going to go through the trouble to make a character apart of the shared universe might as well make use of it. I liked his relationship with Stark so that's not a negative for me.

    Venom is straight up booty cheeks. It felt like a super hero movie from the early 2000s and I hated most of those.
    Last edited by Immortal Weapon; 08-21-2019 at 07:40 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •