Page 33 of 43 FirstFirst ... 23293031323334353637 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Ant-Man was tied to Infinity War and End Game, but it didn't earn a billion dollars. So I don't think we can give all or even the majority of the credit to that alone.
    Captain Marvel had not been released on blue-ray and streaming platforms by the time Endgame game out. You had to watch the film in theatres to be fully up-to-date by the time Endgame rolled around.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    I'd be careful about putting the brand over the performers.

WWE tried that and it's biting them in the ass now.
    WWE is more profitable now than it ever has been in it's history. And Disney is doing pretty well too. Moral of the story being we probably don't need to lose any sleep worrying over either at the moment. They'll both be just fine.

BANNED

Ant-Man was tied to Infinity War and End Game, but it didn't earn a billion dollars. So I don't think we can give all or even the majority of the credit to that alone.
    Because the first Ant-Man movie sucked

Astonishing Member

WWE is more profitable now than it ever has been in it's history. And Disney is doing pretty well too. Moral of the story being we probably don't need to lose any sleep worrying over either at the moment. They'll both be just fine.
    Viewership is down (for reference, WCW in it's dying days was pulling double what WWE is now in terms of ratings), live attendance is down, house shows are being cancelled. WWE is profitable at the moment because of the sweeheart deal it lucked into with Fox, but that's going to change quickly as they keep hemorrhaging eyeballs.

Your brand is only as good as the product, and in this case the performers holding it up. Ignore that at your peril.

Also I'm just going to say it; there are no billion dollar MCU films without the Chinese market and this is an audience that has, broadly speaking, advocates for annexation and authoritarianism. I genuinely do not care what the Chinese audience thinks, in fact, any movie that is popular in China has a strike against it as far as I'm concerned. You simply cannot tell nuanced and intelligent narratives in that marketplace.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    Also I'm just going to say it; there are no billion dollar MCU films without the Chinese market and this is an audience that has, broadly speaking, advocates for annexation and authoritarianism. I genuinely do not care what the Chinese audience thinks, in fact, any movie that is popular in China has a strike against it as far as I'm concerned. You simply cannot tell nuanced and intelligent narratives in that marketplace.
    So...you don’t like Aquaman because of it’s Chinese box office take?

That’s strange.

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    So...you don’t like Aquaman because of it’s Chinese box office take?

That’s strange.
    Did you seriously think I wrote that statement unaware of Aquaman's Chinese box office? Aquaman is about the best you can do within the confined framework of the Chinese market.

Also your response is pure deflection.

BANNED

Did you seriously think I wrote that statement unaware of Aquaman's Chinese box office? Aquaman is about the best you can do within the confined framework of the Chinese market.

Also your response is pure deflection.
    Talk about deflection. You didn’t even answer my question(s). Does the Aquaman movie have a strike against it? And is it not a nuanced movie? And is it an unintelligent movie?

Or does your criteria only apply when you want it to?

Careful. That last question is tricky.

Spectacular Member

I 100% couldn't agree more. Except that the last Avengers movie made over 2 billion without China. And Black Panther, Age of Ultron, Avengers 1, Infinity War, and Iron Man 3, all made over a billion besides China. But besides those you hit the nail on the head and really opened up my eyes. I mean, Captain Marvel only made 974,000,000 Million, and Captain America: Civil War $973 Million without China respectively, and I don't even want to tell you how Spider-Man: Far From Home performed without the aid of the Land of the Rising Sun (Spoiler Alert: It's only in the low $900 Millions!).

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by luprki View Post
    A bumpy road ahead for the MCU, gone are Stark, Rogers and now Parker, the three most popular heroes.
    This! It's not like the MCU has been able to start a new franchise with a new lead character every year and have it be a big hit.

Quote Originally Posted by capNthor View Post
    This! It's not like the MCU has been able to start a new franchise with a new lead character every year and have it be a big hit.
    Lol i love your whole Steven Corber responses to all this. Unless I'm reading it wrong and theres no sarcasm in those responses. Given some of the crazy things in this thread it's possible you arent being sarcastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Lol i love your whole Steven Corber responses to all this. Unless I'm reading it wrong and theres no sarcasm in those responses. Given some of the crazy things in this thread it's possible you arent being sarcastic.
    Yeah, in the least I think we need to get at least 1 box office flop from marvel before we need to starty worrying about them.

And the amazing thing about the MCU is that thus far, they have managed to put out two dozen critically/commercially sucessful movies. In comparrison Sony, Fox, and WB struggle to string together more than 2 movies in a row which aren't considered flops for one reason or another.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by capNthor View Post
    I 100% couldn't agree more. Except that the last Avengers movie made over 2 billion without China. And Black Panther, Age of Ultron, Avengers 1, Infinity War, and Iron Man 3, all made over a billion besides China. But besides those you hit the nail on the head and really opened up my eyes. I mean, Captain Marvel only made 974,000,000 Million, and Captain America: Civil War $973 Million without China respectively, and I don't even want to tell you how Spider-Man: Far From Home performed without the aid of the Land of the Rising Sun (Spoiler Alert: It's only in the low $900 Millions!).
    The land of the riding land is Japan

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Yea only name I know for China is the Middle Kingdom

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I've been binge watching all the Charlie Chan movies so my thought process of China at this current time is a bit culturally generalized