Page 25 of 43 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast
Results 361 to 375 of 637
  1. #361

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    The dislike for XCU and DCEU films pales in comparison to the almost religious like cult hatred of MCU films. It's like a mission statement to tear down the MCU universe no matter how successful each film can be. There will be a lot of happy faces when the first MCU outright bombs at the box office. It will be quite amusing to read all the posts when that happens.
    Are you kidding? The DCEU by far is the most hated not only superhero movie franchise, but the most hated movie franchise of the last decade or so, period. Only the Star Wars prequels come anywhere close. The MCU is put on a pedestal by the vast majority of the internet, let's not act like the vocal minority here and there means there's any real hatred for it.

    Ask yourself who's the most hated superhero movie director? Answer, Zack Snyder (hated mainly for his DCEU films).

    What's the most hated superhero movie? Answer, Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (DCEU) Followed very closely by Suicide Squad (DCEU).

    Most controversial and mocked scene? Martha scene in BvS (DCEU)

    Most hated superhero movie performance? Any one of the following: Jared Leto in Suicide Squad, Henry Cavill in Man of Steel and BvS, Ben Affleck in Justice League, or Jessie Eisenberg in BvS. All are DCEU movies.

    Think of the way the majority of the internet leapt to James Gunn's defense when his controversial tweets resurfaced. I know for a fact of it was Zack Snyder in his place that wouldn't have happened. There's no contest, whether It's deserved or not the DCEU is far more hated then the fawned over MCU.
    Last edited by The True Detective; 08-16-2019 at 10:55 PM.

  2. #362
    King of Wakanda Midvillian1322's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    7,661

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The True Detective View Post
    Are you kidding? The DCEU by far is the most hated not only superhero movie franchise, but the most hated movie franchise of the last decade or so, period. Only the Star Wars prequels come anywhere close. The MCU is put on a pedestal by the vast majority of the internet, let's not act like the vocal minority here and there means there's any real hatred for it.

    Ask yourself who's the most hated superhero movie director? Answer, Zack Snyder (hated mainly for his DCEU films).

    What's the most hated superhero movie? Answer, Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (DCEU) Followed very closely by Suicide Squad (DCEU).

    Most controversial and mocked scene? Martha scene in BvS (DCEU)

    Most hated superhero movie performance? Any one of the following: Jared Leto in Suicide Squad, Henry Cavill in Man of Steel and BvS, Ben Affleck in Justice League, or Jessie Eisenberg in BvS. All are DCEU movies.

    Think of the way the majority of the internet leapt to James Gunn's defense when his controversial tweets resurfaced. I know for a fact of it was Zack Snyder in his place that wouldn't have happened. There's no contest, whether It's deserved or not the DCEU is far more hated then the fawned over MCU.
    I agree I dont think the by shear numbers the MCU is hated. Most hate comes from comic fans. The general audience rarely is on it but BvS changed that. You had late night talk shows like Colbert,John oliver,Kimmel, and The Daily show taking shots at it. Shit Kevin Smith sucks off everything and he even takes shots at that movie all the time. Yea DCEU gets way more hate but that's because the General audience was brought in on it to a certain degree.

    The fact is there a ridiculous people all over. Anyone who loves every MCU movie but hates every DCEU movie is ridiculous. But the people on the opposite side are just as ridiculous. I've can only think of one person on here who loves every MCU and hate every DCEU(Not gonna name names) but I can think of atleast 3 who love all DCEU movies but think the MCU is hot garbage, wholesale.

    Yea the new popular thing is hating on Disney though. So the MCU is just caught up In that. Alot of this thread is really just targeted at Disney in general

  3. #363
    BANNED Beaddle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    564

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Yea the new popular thing is hating on Disney though. So the MCU is just caught up In that. Alot of this thread is really just targeted at Disney in general

    Make that genuine worry for the entertainment industry and genuine criticism of Disney but you are right, most of my problems with MCU is Disney controlling it way too much and putting things in marvel movies that is more fitted for a disney movie than a marvel movie. It was Disney that created the awful marvel formula. Marvel would never come up with Fat clown Thor. That is Disney's doing and yes, I don't like it.

  4. #364
    King of Wakanda Midvillian1322's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    7,661

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    Make that genuine worry for the entertainment industry and genuine criticism of Disney but you are right, most of my problems with MCU is Disney controlling it way too much and putting things in marvel movies that is more fitted for a disney movie than a marvel movie. It was Disney that created the awful marvel formula. Marvel would never come up with Fat clown Thor. That is Disney's doing and yes, I don't like it.
    Disney was also in charge of Dr Strange and Endgame. Two movies where people were decapitated. I still don't recognize the formula that they have now that wasnt there in Ironman 1.

  5. #365
    BANNED Beaddle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    564

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    The worst MCU movie is a mediocre action movie with decent SFX, a competent internal narrative and reasonable themes. The worst DCU movie is none of those whilst the XCU can maybe get one or two of those.

    But tbh, I've seen you in countless threads shitting on Disney. I get it, you dont like them. Fair enough. Stop wasting our time though.
    Thanks for proving my point with the no single damage flaw narrative with MCU that is brought up by their biggest fans. With a DCU and XCU movie, their fans will admit the negatives overweighed the positives in the worst of their movies, Isn't it why it is the worst?. The MCU worst has zero to do with decent SFX or themes that are not present. The worst of the MCU borderlines on MCU making brainless decisions.

    Many XCU and DCU fans are bigger comic book fans of their franchise, their movies are second base. their love for the characters is from the comics. MCU does not have that factor since most and if not all their characters excluding Spiderman found success and love from the movies . DCU and XCU fans would never love the movies over their precious comics, so they are more open to movie criticism.

    MCU fans are still defending Disney disrespecting Thor twice in a row now. DCU and XCU fans would never defend the disrespect WB and Fox gave Batman and Cyclops under Kinberg and Snyder's direction.
    Last edited by Beaddle; 08-17-2019 at 12:49 AM.

  6. #366
    Scarlet and Proud! Star_Jammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,050

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    Thanks for proving my point. With a DCU and XCU movie, their fans will admit the negatives overweighed the positives in the worst of their movies. MCU fans as yourself still can't do that. I think this is because many XCU and DCU fans are bigger comic book fans of their franchise, their movies are second base. their love for the characters is from the comics. MCU does not have that factor since most and if not all their characters excluding Spiderman found success and love from the movies first. DCU and XCU fans would never love the movies over their precious comics, so they are more open to criticism.
    You just want people to "admit" to your own notions.

    Nobody really wants to engage in a discussion with someone who only wants to argue on their own terms.
    "Auto-correct is my worst enema."

  7. #367
    Incredible Member Russ840's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    England
    Posts
    556

    Default

    This thread is humorous.

    What’s wrong with liking what you like and that’s it?

    That goes the other way as well. If you don’t like something, simple as that.

    What’s with all this ‘points’ scoring and trying to prove one is right about an opinion?

  8. #368
    Fantastic Member luprki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    394

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Yea the new popular thing is hating on Disney though. So the MCU is just caught up In that. Alot of this thread is really just targeted at Disney in general
    You nailed it, because the MCU was great before Disney took control. Once Disney took control the MCU has become childish and silly.
    Last edited by luprki; 08-17-2019 at 12:54 PM.

  9. #369
    King of Wakanda Midvillian1322's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    7,661

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by luprki View Post
    You nailed it, because the MCU was great before Disney took control. Once Disney took control the MCU has become childish and silly.
    Tell me what this formula is they have now that wasnt there in Ironman 1? What exactly has Dinsey done?(Feigie says they are hands off except for the James Gunn issue and then Feige won and got him back)

  10. #370
    Extraordinary Member WebLurker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    6,038

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    Let me ask people why is there a so called war now?
    Because we're fans on the internet. Because the comic book movie genre has grown so much since 1999, perspectives change as we have a wider ranger of stuff to compare and have seen the genre develop further. Because we don't all think the same. Something else. A bit of everything. Take your pick.

    Quote Originally Posted by JDogindy View Post
    So... I leave this thread for a long time and... oh.

    Wow.

    Yeah.

    I made this thread simply to ask if people did exist out there that just do not like the MCU at all, and it became a battlefield between critics and loyalits. Maybe it's for the best the mods lock it up.
    I think I agree. Everyone's just talking past each other. In retrospect, this should've remained a "safe place" for non-MCU fans.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 08-18-2019 at 02:11 PM.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

  11. #371
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    1,414

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Because we're fans on the internet. Because the comic book movie genre has grown so much since 1999, perspectives change as we have a wider ranger of stuff to compare and have seen the genre develop further. Because we don't all think the same. Something else. A bit of everything. Take your pick.



    I think I agree. Everyone's just talking past each other. In retrospect, this should've remained a "safe place" for non-MCU fans.
    Heres the issue. The MCU has some stinkers (Hulk/Thor1-2) but at their worst their mediocre. Their shitty in a relative manner and the rest of the good far outweighs the bad.

    Meanwhile the DCU started off with a controversial divisive beggining, then a TERRIBLE sequel which just didnt get the characters, themes or stories, then a mediocre rip off tonally of a well selling marvel movie, which had arguably the worst Joker in it. Then things started moving up with WW before falling all over the place with JL. We're kind of at a 6-7 out of ten for the DCEU at the moment with that number dropping if their next few films dont do great.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 08-18-2019 at 02:12 PM.

  12. #372
    Scarlet and Proud! Star_Jammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,050

    Default

    The original “Marvel formula” argument was literally an attack on some of the heroes’ origins and the similarities they shared...totally ignoring that the comics shared the same similarities the “formula haters” were griping about.

    It’s evolved into a buzzword that’s bandied about but nobody understands the meaning of, except in the broadest of stokes.

    “Make your movie entertaining” isn’t a very specific formula.
    Last edited by Star_Jammer; 08-18-2019 at 03:31 AM.
    "Auto-correct is my worst enema."

  13. #373
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    1,414

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    The original “Marvel formula” argument was literally an attack on some of the heroes’ origins and the similarities they shared...totally ignoring that the comics shared the same similarities the “formula haters” were griping about.

    It’s evolved into a buzzword that’s bandied about but nobody understands the meaning of, except in the broadest of stokes.

    “Make your movie entertaining” isn’t a very specific formula.
    Or just generic action/comedy genre stuff.

  14. #374
    Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,541

    Default

    I liked Ragnarok, though I found the last 20 minutes or whatever pretty weak. MCU movies in general just kind of blend together into a solid meh for me. Except I hated the first Thor so much that I stopped going to movie theatres at all after I saw it, a habit which I have retained to this day.
    I swim through a sea of stars
    Without looking back to shore
    Faster than light, bending time

    Forever
    Wherever

  15. #375
    Fantastic Member luprki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    394

    Default

    I thought Ragnarok was among one of weakest movies. The only MCU movie I like in the past five years was Black Panther. It’s the only one that didn’t seems like a MCU movie.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •