Page 15 of 43 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 225 of 637
  1. #211
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    590

    Default

    Eh...there's been some spotty CGI in some MCU movies...most notably in Black Panther (which I read is because they got footage too close to release date).[/QUOTE]

    I just watched BP once and didn't noticed. I will watch closely next time I see it. But still...it can't be worse than in JL.

  2. #212
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Ravnica
    Posts
    3,888

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Oh I know thats why I didnt reply directly to anyone. Just thought maybe there was something announced i didnt hear but clearly not. Anyway yea there are a few people who I actively avoid responding too because there just isnt a point and most of them are active here. I legit thought maybe there was some news about Antman getting cancelled I missed.
    I like how the people criticizing the MCU are routinely framed as being ideologues here, yet its obvious which side isn't behaving in good faith. You replied to my post (Yes, you did), I gave the effort in responding to your argument and now your response is, 'lol, I didn't actually respond to you.'

    FYI, pop culture outlets are beginning to report that Ant-Man 3 looks cancelled.
    Last edited by Pinsir; 07-25-2019 at 09:47 AM.

  3. #213
    Astonishing Member The Kid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,262

    Default

    There's obviously gonna be people who don't like or hate it. The MCU is arguably the biggest pop culture movie series of the decade. Something like that has millions of fans and many haters as well. That was the case for Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, etc..
    DC, hurry up and make your own version of Marvel Unlimited!

  4. #214
    Peter Scott/Scott Peter SpiderClops's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    7,223

    Default

    Yep, best to just stay away from this thread.

  5. #215
    Incredible Member Beaddle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    783

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DanMad1977 View Post
    Eh...there's been some spotty CGI in some MCU movies...most notably in Black Panther (which I read is because they got footage too close to release date).
    I just watched BP once and didn't noticed. I will watch closely next time I see it. But still...it can't be worse than in JL.
    Bad CGI is sometimes about taste. Many MCU movies don't have bad CGI but they look like very expensive animated scenes. That is not usually most director's personal cup of tea but its clearly how Disney likes it done. All their movies are like that.

    The people criticizing MCU CGI do so because they don't like when real life action movies with human beings all of sudden look as if they are in an animated movie during action scenes.
    Last edited by Beaddle; 07-25-2019 at 12:30 PM.

  6. #216
    Astonishing Member Starter Set's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    2,673

    Default

    Word on the street is that Batman isn't very fond of those movies.
    "A bottomless pit is the safest place to be"

  7. #217
    King of Wakanda Midvillian1322's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    7,903

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Yep, best to just stay away from this thread.
    Yea think I'm done even peaking in on it lol

  8. #218
    Fantastic Member luprki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    431

    Default

    I loved the pre-Disney MCU, but now these movies are half animation, most of costumes are now CGI. Bruce Banner is 100% CGI.
    Mark Ruffalo is mainly doing a voice over now. The Disney MCU has too much CGI.

  9. #219
    Extraordinary Member WebLurker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    6,294

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    Thanos was alright in IW.
    That probably was his best showcase. Course, he was the main character of that film, so that could partially explain it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    I am just burned out at the trope of a big villain alien wants to take over the world. its the most cliche villain trope in comics.
    He didn't want to take over anything; that's pretty well spelled out.

    Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    In Endgame he was just there.
    Maybe?

    Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    I have seen other films make a much much much better decision, Does it make sense in the context of MCU movies because MCU movies have to be immature?
    I makes sense in context of the tragedies he's suffered over the course of both Ragnarok, Infinity War, and the beginning of Endgame (pretty much one right after the other). Think about the scene where he's trying to convince Rocket and himself that he's destined to kill Thanos; seeds for "melted ice cream" Thor are being planted right there. (Heck, I'm impressed the movies had the maturity to show him not being able to cope with it all and needing to find himself and a new way forward. Not everyone can shrug everything off.)

    Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    Not for IW. IW is one of the worst story driven MCU movies.its one cgi mega battle after the next, tied in by a cliche alien invasion story. The reason ''many'' long time fans, who are now in their 30s, 40s or 50s are more drawn to Netflix marvel or grounded movies is because they forgo those type of alien invasion cliche tropes.
    Funny thing; that's not what the movie is about.

    Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    Because Winter Solider got to be a more grounded world.
    No, because it told a good story with characters. Being "grounded" was right for that story, but that doesn't make it better in and of itself.


    Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    I get Pixar more than you think I do. I am not trying to make Pixar characters into something they are not. I enjoyed them for what they are. I still don't understand why you are trying to make spiderman one.It reeks more of Disney not getting him. Should I also expect arguments mutants are like pixar characters?

    This is the Spiderman I grew up with.

    That's an aspect of Spider-Man. There's more to the character and his world then that. Hence the Pixar analogy; it's a setting that mixes drama, humor, character work, and heart in a package that (usually) offers something for everyone.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

  10. #220
    Astonishing Member The Kid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,262

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by luprki View Post
    I loved the pre-Disney MCU, but now these movies are half animation, most of costumes are now CGI. Bruce Banner is 100% CGI.
    Mark Ruffalo is mainly doing a voice over now. The Disney MCU has too much CGI.
    Hard disagree lol. I think only Phase 1 was pre-Disney. IMO Iron Man 1 was the only truly great movie in that phase. Phase 2 was more consistent and better and once they got rid of Ike (who's dumb decisions torpedoed a lot of potentially cool movies like IM3 and Thor2), Phase 3 ended up being the best so far both critically and commercially
    DC, hurry up and make your own version of Marvel Unlimited!

  11. #221
    Incredible Member Beaddle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    783

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    That probably was his best showcase. Course, he was the main character of that film, so that could partially explain it?

    .
    true

    He didn't want to take over anything; that's pretty well spelled out.
    The world changed forever for the worse when he came? didn't it ?

    Funny thing; that's not what the movie is about.
    No.


    I makes sense in context of the tragedies he's suffered over the course of both Ragnarok, Infinity War, and the beginning of Endgame (pretty much one right after the other). Think about the scene where he's trying to convince Rocket and himself that he's destined to kill Thanos; seeds for "melted ice cream" Thor are being planted right there. (Heck, I'm impressed the movies had the maturity to show him not being able to cope with it all and needing to find himself and a new way forward. Not everyone can shrug everything off.)
    Better writing than Far thor with characters in the same situation as Thor

    Gohan:History of trunks
    Charles Xavier: DOFP
    Thomas Wayne : Flash point
    John Anderton : Minority report
    Spock: Star Trek
    Picard: First Contact

    Every single character here would be a fat thor if the movie was Disney scripted.

    No, because it told a good story with characters. Being "grounded" was right for that story, but that doesn't make it better in and of itself.

    And people still wonder why only grounded movies are good enough for oscar talk or are taken seriously instead of movies with a giant purple alien? grounded is usually objectively better because it ticks more of the good filmmaking box checks. its a trope too but occasionally true.

    That's an aspect of Spider-Man. There's more to the character and his world then that. Hence the Pixar analogy; it's a setting that mixes drama, humor, character work, and heart in a package that (usually) offers something for everyone.
    its an aspect of spiderman that is truer to his character than a pixar analogy. Spiderman in the mcu is only like a pixar character not because he is Spiderman but because Disney is making his movies and disney has constraints. when you have no constraints, you end up with a better Spiderman who is more true to the legend. Tobey Maguire, PS4, Spiderverse not Holland.
    Last edited by Beaddle; 07-25-2019 at 05:18 PM.

  12. #222
    Fantastic Member luprki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    431

    Default

    How did Feige get Peter Parker so wrong? Parker is suppose to be a tortured soul by blaming himself for the death of Uncle Ben. The real Parker has a miserable life and he taking care of Aunt May.
    However, Feige’s Parker is a happy-go-lucky kid with a good life.
    This is what Disney MCU is like, heroes have zero emotions, no sexuality, no one is kissing nor making out and their is very little love relationships.
    It all about plot, not characters. The Disney MCU is too plot driven.
    Last edited by luprki; 07-25-2019 at 04:20 PM.

  13. #223
    WAKANDA FOREVER! Falcon16's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Demarest, New Jersey
    Posts
    365

    Default

    No! I find Chadwick Boseman and Anthony Mackie hot as hell.
    "I'll never wear my Power Ring again! It's been a curse to me!"

  14. #224
    Extraordinary Member WebLurker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    6,294

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    The world changed forever for the worse when he came? didn't it ?
    Genocide and mass murder are not the same thing as conquering the world. I'm not really sure why that's a question.

    Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    No.
    I get that you didn't like the movie that much, but you don't have to misrepresent it to justify not liking it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    Better writing than Far thor with characters in the same situation as Thor

    Gohan:History of trunks
    Charles Xavier: DOFP
    Thomas Wayne : Flash point
    John Anderton : Minority report
    Spock: Star Trek
    Picard: First Contact

    Every single character here would be a fat thor if the movie was Disney scripted.
    Only familiar with half of those stories. Xavier had his lighthearted moments mixed in, so it can happen. Picard was Moby Dick, which is a different story then what Thor had (in other words, apples and oranges). Spock was not well-written or very consistent with his character in that movie, and, to be honest, that whole story was far less mature then anything done with fat Thor (Kirk provoking Spock to assault him on his own bridge, not to mention Spock initially marooning Kirk on Delta Vega in direct violations of regulations?)


    Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    And people still wonder why only grounded movies are good enough for oscar talk or are taken seriously instead of movies with a giant purple alien? grounded is usually objectively better because it ticks more of the good filmmaking box checks. its a trope too but occasionally true.
    That makes no sense (beyond the Oscars generally not "liking" more fantastic stuff); good writing and filmmaking has nothing to do with the grounded or not grounded nature of things, but how well put together it is for what it is. Princess Bride is hardly grounded, but is well-known as a well-made movie. Toy Story, for that matter, too.

    Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    its an aspect of spiderman that is truer to his character than a pixar analogy. Spiderman in the mcu is only like a pixar character not because he is Spiderman but because Disney is making his movies and disney has constraints. when you have no constraints, you end up with a better Spiderman who is more true to the legend. Tobey Maguire, PS4, Spiderverse not Holland.
    Despite both speaking English, we are are not speaking the same language here. I am literally finding you claims to make zero sense, about as much as you are mine.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

  15. #225
    Incredible Member Beaddle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    783

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Genocide and mass murder are not the same thing as conquering the world. I'm not really sure why that's a question.

    .

    Is still the same thing. mass murder and genocide is usually the first step. one of the main tropes of the villains trying to conquer the world is to eliminate their opponents.

    I get that you didn't like the movie that much, but you don't have to misrepresent it to justify not liking it.
    I wasn't misinterpreting. its an Avengers movie.

    Only familiar with half of those stories. Xavier had his lighthearted moments mixed in, so it can happen. Picard was Moby Dick, which is a different story then what Thor had (in other words, apples and oranges). Spock was not well-written or very consistent with his character in that movie, and, to be honest, that whole story was far less mature then anything done with fat Thor (Kirk provoking Spock to assault him on his own bridge, not to mention Spock initially marooning Kirk on Delta Vega in direct violations of regulations?)
    Xavier was not a gag

    Picard became the best of Picard. We saw the more vengeful side of Picard than the usual diplomatic Picard in First Contact

    Spock was the highlight of that movie, he was the best written person in the movie. I found star trek very mature, but importantly their time travel plot device was better and more neat.

    Spock only retaliated against Kirk when Kirk accused him of not loving his mother, who was still newly dead. that would provoke anyone especially guys like spock who have to always suppress their emotions.


    That makes no sense (beyond the Oscars generally not "liking" more fantastic stuff); good writing and filmmaking has nothing to do with the grounded or not grounded nature of things, but how well put together it is for what it is. Princess Bride is hardly grounded, but is well-known as a well-made movie. Toy Story, for that matter, too.
    And fans love Winter Solider the most because? How much humor is in Winter Solider compared to Iron Man 3, GOTG, Thor 3.


    Despite both speaking English, we are are not speaking the same language here. I am literally finding you claims to make zero sense, about as much as you are mine.
    What makes Tobey the best Spiderman? I can give 10 reasons, you can add the last 5, so we can get to 15

    1. Uncle Ben is his mentor. With Great Power, comes great responsibility
    2. Spiderman is not dependent on the expanded Marvel universe
    3. A teenager maturing into man
    4. Personality
    5. Aunt May, Harry, the supporting cast.
    6. The everyman who is relatable
    7. Battle style
    8. Intelligence
    9. Well developed Human themes of flaws, sacrifice and consequence
    10 Romance. Peter and Mary Jane + Upside down kiss.
    Last edited by Beaddle; 07-31-2019 at 07:58 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •