Page 16 of 43 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Upside down kisses make the bestest, most maturest movies??

Boy do I got a "special catalog" to share with you, then!

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post

I already changed it to romance. read the list again.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    I already changed it to romance. read the list again.
    10 Romance. Peter and Mary Jane + Upside down kiss.
    It still mentions the kiss.

A kiss which is hardly "grounded", by the way. Toby almost drowned trying to shoot it!

BANNED

The upside down kiss is too mature for the MCU. Nothing in the Disney MCU has come close to this kiss.
    Question: Has there ever been a romantic make out scene in Disney MCU?
    Last edited by luprki; 07-26-2019 at 02:23 PM.

BANNED

Romantic make-out scenes make maturest and bestest movies betterer! Someone tell Hollywood!

Quote Originally Posted by luprki View Post
    How did Feige get Peter Parker so wrong? Parker is suppose to be a tortured soul by blaming himself for the death of Uncle Ben. The real Parker has a miserable life and he taking care of Aunt May.
    However, Feige’s Parker is a happy-go-lucky kid with a good life.
    This is what Disney MCU is like, heroes have zero emotions, no sexuality, no one is kissing nor making out and their is very little love relationships.
    It all about plot, not characters. The Disney MCU is too plot driven.
    If we are talking specifically about Spider-Man, they didn't want to do yet another origin for the MCU which I understand. But, the Toby and Andrew movies were really about Spider-Man. The Tom version is more about fitting him into the MCU and making sure Tony Stark is relevant even to the point that it undermines Spider-Man in a huge way. Oh, and, of course, it's got to be a one-liner followed by a one-liner followed by a one-liner. At that, loved the Vulture, a rare interesting villain but they should have really explored his presentation as the representation of the Middle class scrooged by the wealthy personified by Stark. Instead, they never even meet and we never even see Stark's perspective about it or a realization he harms the little guy. So it becomes a minor plot device. Haven't seen Far from Home yet.
    Power with Girl is better.

BANNED

Romantic make-out scenes make maturest and bestest movies betterer! Someone tell Hollywood!
    You missed the point, I’m not taking about what’s better or worst. I’m talking about Disney MCU has zero backbone compare to other CBM. Not to even allow a romantic kiss is weak.
    And yes, any superhero movie that has a romantic make-out scene is likely to be more mature than any Disney MCU.
    Last edited by luprki; 07-26-2019 at 09:42 PM.

BANNED

You missed the point, I’m not taking about what’s better or worst. I’m talking about Disney MCU has zero backbone compare to other CBM. Not to allow a romantic kiss is weak.
    Well now this thread is just plain hilarious. There has been romance, but I doubt enumerating them is worth it.

BANNED

You missed the point, I’m not taking about what’s better or worst. I’m talking about Disney MCU has zero backbone compare to other CBM. Not to even allow a romantic kiss is weak.
    And yes, any superhero movie that has a romantic make-out scene is likely to be more mature than any Disney MCU.
    Including 30-second scenes of actors sucking face isn’t “boldness”.

Kissing and sex scenes are cheap thrills because they easily stir up...uh...emotions.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    Well now this thread is just plain hilarious. There has been romance, but I doubt enumerating them is worth it.
    You can’t think of any, can you?
    But I was talking about a romantic kiss, not just romance

Including 30-second scenes of actors sucking face isn’t “boldness”.

Kissing and sex scenes are cheap thrills because they easily stir up...uh...emotions.
    Actually, romantic kissing scenes are virtual to a storyline
    I was not talking about sex scenes.
    Last edited by luprki; 07-27-2019 at 12:00 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Wait didn't those 1st 2 IM movies have some racy stuff? And yeah Antman 2 had some romantic kiss scenes. I think GOTG too and Scar Jo was legit sexy in those 1st 2 Avengers movies. But yeah they have toned things down a lot for whatever reason.

BANNED

Actually, romantic kissing scenes are virtual to a storyline
    I was not talking about sex scenes.
    Some storylines, yes, kissing scenes can enhance the story development. Rom-coms, oddly enough, fit that train of thought.

You’re giving me the impression that you think every movie has to have a romantic subplot and show make-out sessions, which is absurd.

Is still the same thing. mass murder and genocide is usually the first step. one of the main tropes of the villains trying to conquer the world is to eliminate their opponents.
    I don't get it. We're told and shown time and again that after wiping out half of the universe, all Thanos wanted was to retire to his farm ("destiny fulfilled"). He is literally the exact opposite of "conquer the earth." Just because two different agendas have similar first steps does not make them the same, any more then Nazism and communism are the same thing just because they're both dictatorships that suppress(ed) the freedoms of the citizens.

I wasn't misinterpreting. its an Avengers movie.
    Nether here nor there. Besides, none of the Avengers movies have just been about the razzle-dazzle; original one was about a mixed-matched team learning to work together, Age of Ultron was about the question if the team was really the answer or the problem, Infinity War was either about the villain fulfilling his destiny or the heroes facing a hopeless battle (depending on what viewpoint you take), and Endgame was part victory lap for having done the impossible with a bit of reverse theme on Infinity War.

Thing is, you can argue that certain installments won't stand the test of time on their own merits or weren't as well put together, but the MCU movies' arguably owe a lot of their success to the fact that they're never just about the action and effects. It might not be anything more profound then exploring an interesting character, but it's there.

Xavier was not a gag
    More so then under Stewart, but I'll accept the point (although seeing as Days of Future Past has plenty of comic relief, I'm not sure how well it qualifies as a "serious" movie).

Picard became the best of Picard. We saw the more vengeful side of Picard than the usual diplomatic Picard in First Contact
    How is that the "best" version, not to mention that it was a re-examination of old ground. (Also, my original point stands that Picard and Thor had different story arcs in these movies.)

Spock was the highlight of that movie, he was the best written person in the movie. I found star trek very mature, but importantly their time travel plot device was better and more neat.

Spock only retaliated against Kirk when Kirk accused him of not loving his mother, who was still newly dead. that would provoke anyone especially guys like spock who have to always suppress their emotions.
    "Are you out of your corn-fed mind!?"

And fans love Winter Solider the most because? How much humor is in Winter Solider compared to Iron Man 3, GOTG, Thor 3.
    Because it was a well-made movie with a good story. (Also, as I understand it, the Guardians and Ragnarok are alongside Winter Soldier as contenders for top-tier MCU movies.)

What makes Tobey the best Spiderman? I can 10 reasons, you can add the last 5, so we can get to 15
    "Anyone can wear the mask." "It's what makes you different that makes you Spider-Man."
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

BANNED

Just for the record:

And that’s not all of them.

Can we drop this meme now? It’s proven false.

Astonishing Member

Too bad Fox still didn't own the rights to the X-Men. That way we could have witnessed the first superhero sex scene to satisfy CBM fans itching for some racy scenes.