Page 17 of 43 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    Too bad Fox still didn't own the rights to the X-Men. That way we could have witnessed the first superhero sex scene to satisfy CBM fans itching for some racy scenes.
    I can’t take a movie seriously unless it has at least 4 gratuitous make out sessions and at least 1 raunchy sex scene where I can’t even tell there’s a sock involved.

Just remember: show, don’t tell!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    I can’t take a movie seriously unless it has at least 4 gratuitous make out sessions and at least 1 raunchy sex scene where I can’t even tell there’s a sock involved.

Just remember: show, don’t tell!
    Pfft, if they are all right side up it's clearly not romantic....

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    I don't get it. We're told and shown time and again that after wiping out half of the universe, all Thanos wanted was to retire to his farm ("destiny fulfilled"). He is literally the exact opposite of "conquer the earth." Just because two different agendas have similar first steps does not make them the same, any more then Nazism and communism are the same thing just because they're both dictatorships that suppress(ed) the freedoms of the citizens.

"
    He wiped out more than half the universe. Does not see it as a wrong, neither does the movie present any complex arguments that justifies why he did that

Nether here nor there. Besides, none of the Avengers movies have just been about the razzle-dazzle; original one was about a mixed-matched team learning to work together, Age of Ultron was about the question if the team was really the answer or the problem, Infinity War was either about the villain fulfilling his destiny or the heroes facing a hopeless battle (depending on what viewpoint you take), and Endgame was part victory lap for having done the impossible with a bit of reverse theme on Infinity War.
    Thing is, you can argue that certain installments won't stand the test of time on their own merits or weren't as well put together, but the MCU movies' arguably owe a lot of their success to the fact that they're never just about the action and effects. It might not be anything more profound then exploring an interesting character, but it's there.[/QUOTE]

Avengers movies have their strong points but they have always been the clichest MCU movies.

More so then under Stewart, but I'll accept the point (although seeing as Days of Future Past has plenty of comic relief, I'm not sure how well it qualifies as a "serious" movie)
    DOFP qualifies as a serious movie because it is far more grounded as a comic movie. it scales down the take over robots world trope and puts the focus more on characters dealing with moral ambiguity. The movie is mature in tone consistency, CGI style, cinematography, writing, themes, filmmaking, genre. Disney would have a problem if xavier in DOFP was written as he was in one of their movies. The only comic relief in DOFP was quicksilver, who was not a grown man like thor but a sarcastic teenager living in his mum's basement. Quicksilver was not a major character in the film. Thor is not only a major character, he was the strongest Avenger. that is a big difference that is damaging to the script of Endgame. Xavier in DOFP was one of the strongest highlights. Thor is one of the weakest highlights in Endgame.

How is that the "best" version, not to mention that it was a re-examination of old ground. (Also, my original point stands that Picard and Thor had different story arcs in these movies.)
    Thor and Picard have a story of dealing with trauma, pain, mistakes and regret. So does Xavier, so does Gohan, so does Thomas Wayne. There are no more excuses for fat thor. it was bad that disney did that to his character. I admire how some love the MCU so much they would defend all the flat out shortcomings. I am glad, I don't have that type of love for any series.

"Are you out of your corn-fed mind!?"
    I was on mark. Spock's anger was understandable. the time travel was even better.
    "Anyone can wear the mask." "It's what makes you different that makes you Spider-Man."
    Uncle Ben: ''never forget this. with great power comes great responsibility''

When has Homecoming ever acknowledged Ben Parker? who gives an honest care about Ironman's relationship to Spiderman. It hardly qualifies on any ''top 10 interesting things about Spiderman'' or any ''top ten Spiderman facts, fans may not know''.
    Last edited by Beaddle; 07-27-2019 at 04:23 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    Too bad Fox still didn't own the rights to the X-Men. That way we could have witnessed the first superhero sex scene to satisfy CBM fans itching for some racy scenes.
    No one is talking about sex scenes, but you
    Last edited by luprki; 07-28-2019 at 02:13 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by luprki View Post
    No one is talks about sex scenes, but you
    Besides, wasn't it already done with Luke Cage and Jessica Jones?

BANNED

I actually like most Disney movies. Financially, Disney is a great fit for Marvel. Unfortunately, creative and tone wise it’s a terrible fit. Disney is too lighthearted for Marvel. But the problem is not being lighthearted, the problem is every movies has become lighthearted, every movie is GOTG.
    The pre-Disney MCU was full of suspense, real drama, humor only when it was appropriate. Remember when Stark had a stripper pole on his private jet, definitely won’t see anything like that in a Disney MCU.
    I’m not putting down Disney and the MCU per say, it works well for them. But let’s call it for what it is, a safe kid friendly franchise that’s afraid to step out of its comfort zone. They found a formula that works, but one day that formula is going to get old and people are going to wonder why this franchise was ever popular in the first place.
    MCU fans talk bad about FoXMen and DC, but at least they swing for the fences and take chances, by doing this they have made some duds. Also because of this they’ve made the best superhero movies (TDK, Logan and Wonder Woman). I respect these franchises for trying to give us the best, whether it turns out good or bad. I can’t respect the MCU, because they just keeps giving us the something over and over again. The MCU is not ever trying to evolve or take chances. Far From Home will be my last MCU movie, I’m not wasting my money anymore hoping to get something different from this franchise.

I was hoping Disney wouldn’t buy Fox, but now that they have, a MCU X-Men will be a disaster if it follows the same MCU formula.

BANNED

But the problem is not being lighthearted, the problem is every movies has become lighthearted, every movie is GOTG.
    Only Ragnarok has become like GotG. Nothing else, not even Ant Man, has come close.

I’m not putting down Disney and the MCU per say, it works well for them. But let’s call it for what it is, a safe kid friendly franchise that’s afraid to step out of its comfort zone. They found a formula that works, but one day that formula is going to get old and people are going to wonder why this franchise was ever popular in the first place.
    Agreed except I don't think people will ever wonder why it became popular, only that it shouldn't be any more. But that will happen with any franchise.

MCU fans talk bad about FoXMen and DC, but at least they swing for the fences and take chances, by doing this they have made some duds. Also because of this they’ve made the best superhero movies (TDK, Logan and Wonder Woman). I respect these franchises for trying to give us the best, whether it turns out good or bad. I can’t respect the MCU, because they just keeps giving us the something over and over again. The MCU is not ever trying to evolve or take chances. Far From Home will be my last MCU movie, I’m not wasting my money anymore hoping to get something different from this franchise.
    We are still getting new things from MCU. There is every indication we will continue to do so. Black Widow and Shang Chi seem like very different directions. Will Disney ever go into Logan territory? No, but i don't consider that a bad thing. Some will, but i think it will be a long, long time before the general audience will consider it bad thing, any more than they consider Disney cartoons and remakes of cartoons to be a bad thing. Disney has been going strong for nearly 100 years. I don't think Marvel will last that long, but I do think it's got at minimum another 10 years left in it. We'll have to see what a new generation wants, and whether Disney can deliver it.
    Last edited by AJBopp; 07-28-2019 at 03:00 PM.

I am gasping with seeing people running away with the kissing in Spiderman 1 treating it as a bad thing, totally misunderstanding why I put it there. Yeah, Kissing is part of it but the relationship between peter and mary jane is what was done right in the 3 films.

Greatest comic book romantic moment ever belongs to this scene. Kissing is there too.

Tom Holland and Zandaya can only dream

BANNED

Nobody said the Spider-Man kiss was a bad thing. Way to totally miss the point.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    I am gasping with seeing people running away with the kissing in Spiderman 1 treating it as a bad thing, totally misunderstanding why I put it there. Yeah, Kissing is part of it but the relationship between peter and mary jane is what was done right in the 3 films.

Greatest comic book romantic moment ever belongs to this scene. Kissing is there too.

Tom Holland and Zandaya can only dream
    That upside down kiss....damn that was hot!
    But I always loved Maguire's SpiderMan, whatever they said.

BANNED

The Maguire’s Spider-Man is still the best series.

The Maguire’s Spider-Man is still the best series.
    Think it's my favorite for the Peter Parker Spider-Man -- although I could see the Spider-Verse stuff exceeding it if they keep up the good job.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Do I hate MCU movies, heck no! Well I disliked a few, personally I thought Thor 2, Iron-Man 2 and 3 were garbage and if it weren't for the briefcase Iron-Man suit all three movies would've been totally forgettable. I still, for the life of me, can't remember the plot to Thor 2. Also I thought Captain Marvel was fine save for the Nick Fury eye thing...

One thing though I do find the Marvel movies becoming less fun. I thought Black Panther was excellent but not fun. Captain Marvel fine but not fun save for Ben Mendelsohn. The last 2 Avengers movies were great but downers. I mean it if it isn't for James Gunn and Taika Waititi it's getting pretty morose and positively DC-ey in the MCU.

Empty is thy hand!

I don't hate them, but I don't like them all that much and I have little desire to revisit any of them. My favorites are The Incredible Hulk and the ending sequences of Ant-Man, so I'm pretty much out of step with popular opinion.

Tony Stark is insufferable and his faux back and forth banter with Potts got old QUICK. Nick and Nora they ain't. Captain America isn't half the man he is in the comics and all the forced humor just robbed these movies of any tension (Ultron is the biggest victim). I also find the conversation around Thanos' wiping out of whole swaths of people to be distasteful; basically giving short-sighted edgelords the idea that it's a viable solution.

For the record, the DC stuff has also been disappointing and I have yet to see their last 2 or 3 movies. My wish for these comic book movies is that they be given the weight of something like Lord of the Rings or pre-Disney Star Wars, but the reality is that there's a wider audience to serve and broader tastes to patronize.

Quote Originally Posted by motherofpearl1 View Post
    That upside down kiss....damn that was hot!
    the upside down kiss was something I only threw here because the kiss has gotten so parodied on other shows.
    But I always loved Maguire's SpiderMan, whatever they said.
    Maguire got to play peter parker and spiderman. no doubt having sam raimi as a guide was a good thing. I'm not sure Holland's Spiderman understand spiderman's universe is a larger extension of the marvel universe.