Page 18 of 43 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast
    Boisterously Confused

I don't hate them, and actually like them quite a lot (give or take one or two). There are things I wish they would have done (most prominently, I was very disappointed that Phase 2 didn't culminate in Masters of Evil throwdown). If there is one thing about them I didn't like, it's the MCU's tendency to use "in name only" characters. Zemo, Hammer, Hela, Executioner, Ronan, Madam Masque, Strucker, Egghead, Cross. Many of them were too far from their source material for my taste.

BANNED

Kevin Feige needs to resign now. He should leave while he’s still on top. It’s all downhill at this point

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by luprki View Post
    Kevin Feige needs to resign now. He should leave while he’s still on top. It’s all downhill at this point
    Should the X-Men movie franchise be shelved due to their many flops?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ralmist View Post
    Only Dark Phoenix flopped.

Boisterously Confused

That's the smart play. I'd say take one more roll at the Craps Table. After all, leaving now would be like Jobs calling it a day after revealing the iPad.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ralmist View Post
    Yes, it should be shelved for a longer time period. Like Marvel said, maybe 5 years...

BANNED

Yes, the X-Men should be shelved, because a Kevin Feige lead X-Men will be a disaster

Mighty Member

I don't think it's Disney who are responsible for Marvel's drift into comedy, I think that the success of Ragnarok and Guardians of the Galaxy prompted Feige and co. to embrace a more light-hearted approach to their movies. Disney were responsible for Once Upon A Time, which was pretty dark at times.

I honestly don't want them to handle the X Men like that, but there's little anyone can do because they seem to take a particular delight in deliberately antagonizing fans - in short, the more you plead 'don't do it' the more they are likely to go ahead.
    That saying some fans can be pretty ridiculous, the trolling of Rian Johnson over The Last Jedi comes to mind. But Johnson had a real love for Star Wars and genuinely wanted to make a good movie. Feige seems to be only concerned in making movies that the general public like, instead of trying to make films that appeal to both fans and non fans. You can't win them all, of course, but you can avoid breaking fan's hearts. And in some ways that seems to actually be the plan.

The only solution is to stop watching them.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by motherofpearl1 View Post
    The only solution is to stop watching them.
    That's always the solution to a piece of entertainment that one does not like. Why continue with something that's causing one anguish? And I say anguish because...well...there's evidence.

But don't expect the thing you hate to just stop being made, especially if there are plenty of other people that do enjoy it.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Yes, the X-Men should be shelved, because a Kevin Feige lead X-Men will be a disaster
    Well, that's what Fox has been since 2.

As for the MCU movies, I generally like them, but none of the Iron Man or Cap movies, and of course Thor Dark World.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    That's always the solution to a piece of entertainment that one does not like. Why continue with something that's causing one anguish? And I say anguish because...well...there's evidence.

But don't expect the thing you hate to just stop being made, especially if there are plenty of other people that do enjoy it.
    Of course not, good luck to them! I personally love the new Star Wars movies, despite just about every other long term fan I know hating them.

I've moved on to DC's TV series, as sadly Marvel keep cancelling theirs. Currently loving Doom Patrol.

Boisterously Confused

I'd suggest that Feige's success, using properties that (at the time) were far less bankable than the X-Men, disputes your assertion.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    I'd suggest that Feige's success, using properties that (at the time) were far less bankable than the X-Men, disputes your assertion.
    I don’t care about that, I’m not getting any money out of either.
    I’m talking about what’s on the big scene, that’s the only thing I care about. The box office number is irrelevant to me. Disco was once popular and made a lot of money too, now that music is frowned upon.
    Last edited by luprki; 08-03-2019 at 12:12 PM.

BANNED

I loved the pre-Disney MCU, but now these movies are half animation, most of costumes are now CGI. Bruce Banner is 100% CGI.
    Mark Ruffalo is mainly doing a voice over now. The Disney MCU has too much CGI.
    Mark Ruffalo, as far as I know, acts out every scene the Hulk is in doing the motion capture, providing the facial expressions, etc. It could be argued he works harder at acting than any of the others.

X-movies being a disaster never stopped Fox from churning them out.