Page 29 of 43 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031323339 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    This is a fan's MCU take on the issue as I expected. Frankly I am feeling the opposite, the world seem poorer and more dense than richer and complex. The animated series of the 90s, X-Men, Spiderman, Iron Man, F4, Hulk captured what you said well.
    Yes, this is why I said it was a personal preference of mine.

The comics is a shared universe. it is not as out there as the movies, The movies total dependent use of crossovers is for commercial reasons not for story development like the comics and animated series.
    I disagree. Unless you can provide specific quotes from the filmmakers, I’m guessing this is your own personal view unsupported by any actual facts.

Not from what I am getting at. Many X-Men fans are kind of scared of how much MCU will influence X-Men, no need to discuss the dislike of tony Stark's role in Spiderman's life for the 10th time again among comic book fans.
    I cannot read your mind, only your words. Your words were specifically about the history of the comics And whether crossovers were a draw. You claimed it was not. I pointed out with several examples that you were wrong. You can easily review your own posts to check the actual words yoiu wrote.

Crossover stories won't add up to 25% of the best stories written about every single marvel series.
    This is another subjective standard, not fact. The fact is that crossovers have been a long time draw for the X-Men comics.

commercial and critical success are chicken change for MCU and blockbuster movies, it is not relevant at all anymore nor is it used for trust, am I really in the minority when I say Sam Raimi's Spiderman movies are still the best Spiderman films?
    Now you are changing your argument. The original point was you claiming that the MCU Spider-Man was poorly done. Not that they were the most beloved iteration of the character. The success of the Raimi movies does not prove the MCU movies are “poorly done”.

Speaking of commercial success did you hear the news that Disney has spent years inflating their revenue?

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/di...ars-2019-08-19
    I did see this article about allegations that Disney park revenue have been inflated I am also aware that none of these allegations are about the MCU box office let alone the box office for MCU movies reported and released by an entirely different studio. Do you think that Sony is inflating is inflating the MCU movie box office? Is it based on anything other than your own personal speculation?

I don’t loathe most mcu movies but I definitely find them a bit superficial.

You nailed all the reasons. My biggest complaint is excessive humor during high stakes moments.

Mcu does a lot of things right. In fact they probably do more things right than any other superhero studio. But that doesn’t mean I like it.

Each mcu movie so far has been good enough for me to watch once then never watch again. I find them entertaining and a true comic-book-to-movie adaptation - but as standalone movies they don’t do much for me. But when it comes to casting, universe building and cool sfx, mcu wins.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

BANNED

I think the MCU has become a cash grab for Disney. I not saying is something wrong with that, but let call it for what it is.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    But the Sam Raimi films had a more popular version of Spiderman. If you consider the fact that the MCU Spiderman is coming off of Endgame and is part of a larger franchise, Far From Home's domestic box office is kind of embarrassing. People know exactly who this Spider-man is, yet they aren't coming to the theatres to see his film as they did for Sam Raimi's version. One of the reasons people often claim the Amazing Spiderman films failed is that people dislike that version of the character and though the MCU version of the character isn't 'failing' people just aren't that excited to see this new version.
    Look at the internet’s reaction to the (actual) cancellation of Spider-Man 3! A giant meh! You were right a week ago, fans don’t care about these things. The ho-hum response from the interwebs also proves your recent theory that the Tom Holland version doesn’t resonate with fans anywhere near the Raimi films! I mean just look at the rage when they cancellled Raimi’s Spider-Man 4 compared to this tepid response.

BANNED

It doesn’t matter now, sense MCU Spider-Man has been cancelled.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by luprki View Post
    On the positive side, at least I'll save roughly $100-150 every other year.

BANNED

I think the MCU has become a cash grab for Disney. I not saying is something wrong with that, but let call it for what it is.
    I don't think there's a single thing that Disney and Marvel have ever done that hasn't been a blatant cash grab, it's just that they've gotten much better at it lately. The MCU films are fun but essentially empty calories, I can't think of a single one that has actually left any sort of impression on me after leaving the theater.

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post
    The success of the Raimi movies does not negate the success of the MCU Spider-Man or vice versa. There are even people who like both.
    I'm one of those people. We do exist, believe it or not.

Sony just pulled the plug on Kevin Feige, he is no longer in charge of Spider Man. This is great news.
    Seriously? It's a good thing that the company that's screwed over every previous series in the franchise and proven that the don't have any idea where they're going or what they're doing are the one's calling the shots? I think your MCU hate is blinding you to exactly what's happening here. This is bad news through and through.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Quote Originally Posted by capNthor View Post
    Look at the internet’s reaction to the (actual) cancellation of Spider-Man 3! A giant meh! You were right a week ago, fans don’t care about these things. The ho-hum response from the interwebs also proves your recent theory that the Tom Holland version doesn’t resonate with fans anywhere near the Raimi films! I mean just look at the rage when they cancellled Raimi’s Spider-Man 4 compared to this tepid response.

Idk what sites you're looking at but people are pissed.
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

BANNED

Sony split is great news, now Peter Parker can be Peter Parker again. The MCU version was weird.

Sony split is great news, now Peter Parker can be Peter Parker again. The MCU version was weird.
    You'll still probably get the MCU version of the character... he just won't be in the MCU.

Technically, it looks like there will be more movies with Tom Holland but no more references to anything in the MCU which is kind of too late since his origin in this series is completely linked to Tony Stark whether they mention it or not.
    Power with Girl is better.

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    Idk what sites you're looking at but people are pissed.
    Lol yea but that doesnt fit the narrative that Marvel movies are forgetable and people dont care. They just pay to go see every one because they are brainwashed into going.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Lol yea but that doesnt fit the narrative that Marvel movies are forgetable and people dont care. They just pay to go see every one because they are brainwashed into going.
    I’m not brainwashed. I collect a monthly check to love the MCU. Get it right.

BANNED

Another problem with the MCU is it’s leans toward the superhero persona over the person.