Page 40 of 43 FirstFirst ... 303637383940414243 LastLast

Gwen has a superheroic alternate universe version, plus anyone who remembers the Spectacular Spider-Man cartoon possibly thinks that version of Gwen is a better match for Peter than anyone has ever been in any medium.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Gwen has a superheroic alternate universe version, plus anyone who remembers the Spectacular Spider-Man cartoon possibly thinks that version of Gwen is a better match for Peter than anyone has ever been in any medium.
    And spectacular spiderman was canceled by disney and replaced with this new series. That is also inspired by MCU Spiderman

All I see here is Disney getting Spiderman wrong again.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    And spectacular spiderman was canceled by disney and replaced with this new series. That is also inspired by MCU Spiderman

All I see here is Disney getting Spiderman wrong again.
    Disney cancelled everything that they didn't outright own at the time, killing a great show, a decent show, and one I can't bring myself to miss even if it was the last show the X-Men had.
    Dark does not mean deep.

BANNED

Disney announced Spiderman and his Amazing Friends over the weekend too. Disney is still very much in the business of Spidey and will continue to be.

I bet they just bide their time waiting for Sony to fail. It's a gamble, but not one without some merit behind it.

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    Disney announced Spiderman and his Amazing Friends over the weekend too. Disney is still very much in the business of Spidey and will continue to be.

I bet they just bide their time waiting for Sony to fail. It's a gamble, but not one without some merit behind it.
    Spiderman fans are just been realistic from past experience with X-Men and F4. Disney tried to bury X-Men and F4 when they didn't have the rights, Disney are still in business and their business now would be to start limiting spiderman's impact in other marvel media as they tried to limit xmen and f4. I have already assured spiderman fans that if xmen could survive, Spiderman will. maybe disney should just cancel their spiderman cartoon. it is bad.

I rightfully criticized marvel and I stand by that. Marvel was wrong. its a bad idea to turn their comics to their movies. Once spiderman leaves the mcu, they would start looking for ways to erase him in the comics and any other media format too. that is wrong. period.
    Last edited by Beaddle; 08-26-2019 at 12:27 AM.

BANNED

Spiderman fans are just been realistic from past experience with X-Men and F4. Disney tried to bury X-Men and F4 when they didn't have the rights, Disney are still in business and their business now would be to start limiting spiderman's impact in other marvel media as they tried to limit xmen and f4. I have already assured spiderman fans that if xmen could survive, Spiderman will. maybe disney should just cancel their spiderman cartoon. it is bad.

I rightfully criticized marvel and I stand by that. Marvel was wrong. its a bad idea to turn their comics to their movies. Once spiderman leaves the mcu, they would start looking for ways to erase him in the comics and any other media format too. that is wrong. period.
    Amen to everything you are saying

Okay, enough. Lots of deletions and edits this morning.

1. If you do not like someone's posts, don't reply.
    2. If you can't help yourself, then put them on Ignore.
    3. Do not announce you are putting someone on ignore or encourage others to do so as that's a violation of the forum rules.

REPORT OR IGNORE, DON’T ENGAGE

If someone is exhibiting some of the behavior that’s been mentioned so far, whether you are the intended target or not, that does not excuse responding with more of the same or behaving in an insulting manner. Report the incident to the forum’s moderators (either through Private Messaging or with the Report Post function) or ignore the other person (by choice, or by adding the user to your account’s Ignore List). If the incident breaks any of our rules it will be dealt with and the offender likely banned from the site. If you participated in the exchange and struck back with similarly outlawed behavior, you may be joining them.
    4. Do not call someone a troll or describe them as trollish. On the other hand, responding to goad someone into further posts 'because it's fun?' That's textbook trolling.

For the record, here's the forum's definition of trolling:

NO TROLLING

Deliberately engaging in behavior for the purposes of harassing, upsetting, or angering others will result in a swift ban from the site.
    Posting opinions you strongly disagree with or even think to be absurd is *not* trolling. Again, see the IGNORE option.

5. Likewise, do not call or refer to someone or a group of people as brainwashed.

BE CIVIL

Treat everyone with civility, keep the snark to a minimum, and do not insult other people. We cannot stress that last part enough: DO NOT INSULT OTHER PEOPLE. Engaging in insulting behavior is a bannable offense, and not the kind you come back from. It doesn’t matter how long you’ve been here, whether you’re a newb or veteran, it will not be tolerated. Keep the example we mentioned in the Community Standards in mind; if you wouldn’t say it as a guest in someone else’s home, don’t say it here.
    Respond to the post without characterizing the poster(s) or fan(s) in a negative fashion.

The topic is pretty clear, so there are going to be folks who really didn't like the MCU films and may not like them for reasons you disagree with. Sometimes, like in many other threads, a poster may keep replying with the same arguments pro or con. Continuing to argue with them will send a thread spiraling in circles, at which point its best to just stop responding.

Oh, and responding and then Reporting? Right out. See 'DON'T ENGAGE' above.
    Gaelforce
    WonderAdmin
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES - Ignorance of the rules is no excuse!

BANNED

Marvel never did to Spiderman what it did to the F4 or X-men. While the fear may be justified, Spiderman fans can fall back on knowing that Marvel always pushes Spidey regardless. There is history (and future projects) that the X-fans and F4-fans never had.

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    Marvel never did to Spiderman what it did to the F4 or X-men. While the fear may be justified, Spiderman fans can fall back on knowing that Marvel always pushes Spidey regardless. There is history (and future projects) that the X-fans and F4-fans never had.
    While the FF may have been first and the X-Men were bigger than anything else once upon a time, neither has been the symbol of Marvel the way Spidey has. That protects him from getting the same treatment to a degree.
    Dark does not mean deep.

BANNED

I’m for one is happy SM is out of the MCU. I’m not happy that the X-Men is with the MCU. As for F4, Fox screwed this up so much there’s no way the MCU can do worse.
    Last edited by luprki; 08-26-2019 at 10:19 AM.

BANNED

While the FF may have been first and the X-Men were bigger than anything else once upon a time, neither has been the symbol of Marvel the way Spidey has. That protects him from getting the same treatment to a degree.
    Right. So while I get having some apprehension based on what happened to the F4 or the X-men, there ample evidence that Disney/Marvel won't do that to Spiderman. Even without film rights, he'll be a huge part of what they do.

Quote Originally Posted by luprki View Post
    I’m for one is happy SM is out of the MCU. I’m not happy that the X-Men is with the MCU. As for F4, Fox screwed this up so much there’s no way the MCU can do worse.
    At least the X-Men aren't at Fox any longer. There might be better people to run them than Disney but Fox NEVER understood what an ensemble cast was supposed to be like.
    Dark does not mean deep.

At least the X-Men aren't at Fox any longer. There might be better people to run them than Disney but Fox NEVER understood what an ensemble cast was supposed to be like.
    Yeah, Fox had their chance with the Xmen and FF. It's definately time for other hands, be it marvel or whomever, to salvage whats left before Fox completely ruined them.

I think Fox largely lost peoples faith to the point where even a descent movie might struggle at the box office. You can only fumble the ball so many times.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Yeah, Fox had their chance with the Xmen and FF. It's definately time for other hands, be it marvel or whomever, to salvage whats left before Fox completely ruined them.

I think Fox largely lost peoples faith to the point where even a descent movie might struggle at the box office. You can only fumble the ball so many times.
    85% of MCU moves were not about ensembles. They had only 5-7 ensemble movies and in those 5 movies, the ensembles are just caught up in long running CGI battles and limited drama. one of my problems with the avengers ensembles movies is they have the littlest story of all MCU movies. They are the worst comic book story tropes. if this type of films goes over to the mcu xmen movies. X2 , X-Men 1 and First Class would be considered better X-Men ensembles. The only criticisms would be familiar faces.

A decent money would have only required fox to make its budget back, a far more decent entries like X2 or Logan would more than double their budget but at the same time X-Men keeps their more Adult themed drama driven superhero movies to the Disney unnecessary humorous kid friendly movies.

Would an X-Men movie qualify as a good ensemble if we see 7 xmen characters in san Francisco just fighting robots and aliens for 40-60 minutes or would that just be waste of story space? X2 was already ahead of its time to avoid this type of Michael Bay themed avengers comic movies and yet in X2, the stakes felt higher, the inner conflict among the characters felt more bitter and dangerous compared to the fun themed of most Avengers films.

I hate to say this but the final battle of X3 is not that different from Endgame and all the Avengers films and X3 is regarded as one of the worst X-Men comic films just for that alone. How is this different from the avengers movies?

X-men ensembles are not meant to be like Avengers. This is straight from the comics.
    Last edited by Beaddle; 08-26-2019 at 01:30 PM.

BANNED

The X-Men was a 19 years successful franchise for Fox. Whether Disney can do better or not, we will see.