Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ... 333940414243

Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    As a MCU fan, its understanding you found it more interesting.
    Makes sense, although, as noted before, I can articulate why beyond "I was already invested in the series." (Besides, I am a fan of the X-Men movies, too.)

I didn't, because X2 is an adult comic story based on one of the most iconic social conscious, intellectual challenging, and political driven adult graphic novels and it's still only 70% as good as the novel, This is why we can't ignore the comics.

Infinity war is one of the most kid friendly comic movies like someone already said, the giant purple man is very distracting alone.
    I a little lost on a point; is your problem with Thanos his character and motivations or just that he's a purple alien?

Infinity war was all over the place with the not so ''greatest'' visuals. Also this was about visual effects and cinematography , the film criticism I am actually doing instead of talking about something as irrelevant as rotten tomatoes. Pinsir already posted the same problems in civil war and that is still a better looking movie than infinity war. Perhaps Disney wanted an even more animated look for infifnty war and engdame because of the GOTG characters.
    Hmmm. I do know for a fact that the Avengers base was made more colorful to fit with the more comic book-y nature of this movie unlike other installments. Pretty smart decision there.

About alien invasion, characters stopping alien invasion . that is the most important comic book kind of story or is it the easiest screenplay to write?
    It's not what the story is, it's how you execute it. An alien invasion may be "basic," but use it to explore interesting characters and you've made something of it.

that's why I don't find it all that interesting to X2. I already said X2 can't qualify as a comic film now, X2 is better off getting compared to EX Machina.
    I you say so.

Any visual scene in X2 will stand out better than infinity war because the directing technical style of the movie is different.
    They are different, that's for sure. Would't have it any other way.

Am a character person first also, I have issue with mcu movies because what mcu characters do is run after a usually simple plot with little personal character breakdowns. Also because most MCU movies are very light, this problem is expanded upon.
    How do you mean?

You can argue mcu characters do more but only in their own movies that most xmen characters don't have. I only compared xmen to the other ensembles mcu movies.
    I was thinking about the ensemble movies. Agree or disagree, but I would argue that the Avenger movies make for better use of their casts and give far more characters their own stories within them then the main X-Men movies have. (Granted, the Avenger movies do, as you've noted, also have the benefit of being able to draw on solo movies as well, so that may be a factor.)

What was the point the director of xmen 1 was trying to get across to audiences with the first scene of the movie, if you research it, it’s very interesting. Read the director of the TDK films follow up , its gets more interesting about just how people viewed superhero films prior to X-Men 1, it was very unflattering. Now its kind of sad because you finally realize Logan was was truly the end of an era for certain types of comic movies disney thinks would not be as interesting for kids. Not
    Logan came out the same year as Spider-Man: Homecoming, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, and Thor: Ragnarok. If the original X-Men and Spider-Man movies hadn't did whatever they did to popularize the superhero genre, we might not've been able to have variety to choose from. That's good thing if you ask me.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

BANNED

All studios want to make money, that’s the business side. But Disney ignores the artistic side. Every thing that Disney makes is from already known properties, from old Disney crap to sequels to reboots to remakes. Unlike other big studios, Disney does nothing artistic and original, it’s all rehashed crap. Other big studios try to be sometime artistic and take chances, Disney is too greedy to take any chances. And the very definition of cash grab is giving the audience what they want, not what challenges the audience.
    Last edited by luprki; 08-28-2019 at 09:24 AM.

BANNED

And we are back to box office argument. Billion dollars movies are chicken change for Disney, why don't disney really test themselves than the same old , same old generic formula movies. this is a bigger problem than the MCU. many of their animated fans have noticed that the live action movies of their animated classic are even more dumb down compared to the original cartoons. What a waste.
    This what is called “assembly line filmmaking,” produce the same exact product as fast as they can to make the most money.
    The MCU is the McDonalds of Hollywood, very popular, taste good while eating it, but is bad for you and will make you sick.
    Last edited by luprki; 08-28-2019 at 09:36 AM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by luprki View Post
    All studios want to make money, that’s the business side. But Disney ignores the artistic side. Every thing that Disney makes is from already known properties, from old Disney crap to sequels to reboots to remakes. Unlike other big studios, Disney does nothing artistic and original, it’s all rehashed crap. Other big studios try to be sometime artistic and take chances, Disney is too greedy to take any chances. And the very definition of cash grab is giving the audience what they want, not what challenges the audience.
    How did any of the X-men, Spiderman, or Deadpool films challenge the audience? Jacob's ladder they are not.

This what is called “assembly line filmmaking,” produce the same exact product as fast as they can to make the most money.
    The MCU is the McDonalds of Hollywood, very popular, taste good while eating it, but is bad for you and will make you sick.
    How is Deadpool any different? As much as I liked the Deadpool films the jokes will probably age like the Meet the Spartans movie.

Deadpool 1 and 2 are the exact same movie, as far as content. The definition of an "assembly line."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by luprki View Post
    Guardians of the Galaxy exists as a massive success. So....no This entire paragraph is agenda-driven nonsense.

I've had enough of moderating this mess of a thread with people on both sides of the argument crossing the line.

Thread locked and not to be started up anew.
    Gaelforce
    WonderAdmin
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES - Ignorance of the rules is no excuse!