Spectacular Member

Default New Ongoing JOHN CONSTANTINE, HELLBLAZER in November

DC announce new Ongoing JOHN CONSTANTINE, HELLBLAZER by Simon Spurrier & Aaron Campbell this November. It will be part of The SANDMAN UNIVERSE Imprint.

https://www.dccomics.com/blog/2019/0...ctober-from-dc

THE SANDMAN UNIVERSE PRESENTS HELLBLAZER #1 (one-shot special)

John Constantine, Hellblazer#1

Last edited by JimmySpectre; 07-09-2019 at 09:24 AM.

HELL YES! It seems to be the Main Constantine, not an Alt One: They mention John hasnt aged since Books of Magic and John’s age was reduced in New 52 when he was 60 in the Original Book.

Its funny though, Hellblazer in Sandman Universe means it gets to be Mature again in whats Currently a Vertigo Imprint. John’s going home for Vertigo’s Death
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

I honestly thought we'd get a new Constantine book out of Black Label to be honest.

I'm fond of the Sandman universe, the dreaming/books of magic, and Si Spurrier so I'm gonna check this out.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Praise Lucifer!

Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    Its funny though, Hellblazer in Sandman Universe means it gets to be Mature again in whats Currently a Vertigo Imprint. John’s going home for Vertigo’s Death
    I think (hope!) the only thing that's going to change for the Sandman Universe line is the Vertigo label will disappear from the covers. The "mature" content doesn't appear to be going anywhere.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Constantine, like the Phantom Stranger, is an interesting character, but not one who should be interacting with the rest of the DC universe, except in the odd one-off story. Let's hope that that's what they have in mind for him.
    Sandy Hausler
    DC Boards Moderator (along with The Darknight Detective (who has a much cooler name that I do))
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Great move.
    And makes sense, considering Books of Magic is under Sandman Universe now.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

I hope this doesn't mean that Constantine is banned from appearing in main DCU books. I was never very interested in him prior to Justice League Dark in the New 52 and I've come to really appreciate him. Plus I love his interactions with Zatanna and Wonder Woman.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Absolute Power, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Birds of Prey, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Justice Society of America, Shazam, Titans, & Wonder Woman.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    Constantine, like the Phantom Stranger, is an interesting character, but not one who should be interacting with the rest of the DC universe, except in the odd one-off story. Let's hope that that's what they have in mind for him.
    Karen Berger is no longer employed at DC so that's not going to happen anytime soon.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    I hope this doesn't mean that Constantine is banned from appearing in main DCU books. I was never very interested in him prior to Justice League Dark in the New 52 and I've come to really appreciate him. Plus I love his interactions with Zatanna and Wonder Woman.
    I'm more of a fan of him outside the DCU. But I wouldn't be adverse to the odd appearance of Zee and Diana from time to time.
    John works best on the fringes. He has NEVER been a centre stage character.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

So the Sandman Universe is basically the new Vertigo? Could be if they star adding more titles..

So basically it looks like this is going to be the original John Constantine who was born in 1953 but entered a parallel time-line in his 40s to where he's actually in his late 60s but physically still 40-something. Plus Tim Hunter is somehow still a teen-ager so I'm guessing there's going to be lots of time and magic shenanigans to try to link these new series to the original ones from the 1990s.

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    I think (hope!) the only thing that's going to change for the Sandman Universe line is the Vertigo label will disappear from the covers. The "mature" content doesn't appear to be going anywhere.
    Yeah, it'll have a Black Label logo instead.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman