Love me some proto space Justice League. No one will likely believe me when I say it, but I've actually really wanted proto Justice League set on Krypton that starts out idealistic in nature, but then gradually turns super shady and leads to Krypton's death. On top of that, I wanted Jor-El to be part of it, so this is legitimately and specifically what I've been looking for. Yay me lol

Bendis taking it a step further and making it a space cabal that where five of its six members are either the parents of (or father-in-laws), mentors to, or at least from the same world as future Earth heroes. That's fantastic to me because its equal parts obvious and subversive. I'm now in a position where I wouldn't at all mind seeing this group during their glory, less jaded years where they were doing their many good works.

Also Jor-El discussing the fate of worlds in his bathroom is amazing.

Fully and completely sticking to my guns on the "Zaar is Jor-El's son" theory.

This might be a bit of a stretch, but I feel the logic is sound: Rogol Zaar is inspired by Legion of Super-Heroes foes and Fatle Five members Validus and Persuader. Well, I think he's decidedly more Validus inspired than Persuader on a conceptual level. In fact, I'm actually guessing that his axe will end up being what the actual Persuader of the 32st century uses. Bendis'll likely have Jon recognize the axe and assume that the Persuader (who wears a mask and is rather large) is Zaar still alive thousands of years into the future.

Anyways, I bring up Validus because of his fairly obscure origin: he's Lightning Lad and Saturn Girl's future son who captured, mutated, and sent back into the past to fight his parents and their friends by Darkseid. That origin seemed to be retconed away pretty hard, and while I can't say I know where Bendis will go with his Legion, I feel like he might not go for that.

My simple guess is that either Jor-El had an illegitimate child in his youth and was just totally unaware of him because the Circle kept it from him. I think he now knows because of either figuring it out or time traveling around looking for Jon.

So, I'm thinking it's a Validus situation because it's Clark in the place of Lightning Lad and Saturn Girl fighting family that they don't know is family. Also said family member is physically unstoppable like Validus was.

This sort of reimagining would fit putty snug in with Bendis Ultimate take on Legion lore. Not saying that Zaar will be Validus, but rather that this might be paying homage to that version of his origin without having to deal with the idea behind it specifically.