Astonishing Member

Question Weakest version of Superman that can solo Warhammer 40k universe

Exactly what the title says
    whatever Scientists tells us what they believes are the only things that exists in Reality(our world), they treats what US government and mainstream news media said about things like 9/11, CO2 Emissions, and so on as their gospel

https://lnk.bio/Masonicon

calling Real Life Martial Artists that can break walls "Comic Book Peak Human" is like calling Pre-new52!Cassandra Cain "Shounen Manga character"

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Can any version of Superman do anything to Chaos Gods before they psychically obliterate him from across the galaxy?

Between the warp being a generally difficult thing to navigate at the best of times and being outside of time and whatnot, he might have a hard time dealing with them.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Can any version of Superman do anything to Chaos Gods before they psychically obliterate him from across the galaxy?

Between the warp being a generally difficult thing to navigate at the best of times and being outside of time and whatnot, he might have a hard time dealing with them.
    Pre-Crisis Superman may do it
    whatever Scientists tells us what they believes are the only things that exists in Reality(our world), they treats what US government and mainstream news media said about things like 9/11, CO2 Emissions, and so on as their gospel

https://lnk.bio/Masonicon

calling Real Life Martial Artists that can break walls "Comic Book Peak Human" is like calling Pre-new52!Cassandra Cain "Shounen Manga character"

Thought Robot Superman vs Chaos Gods ... how does that go down?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    Thought Robot Superman vs Chaos Gods ... how does that go down?
    mutated to fleshy blob with a blasted mind

Quote Originally Posted by LordLeviathan View Post
    mutated to fleshy blob with a blasted mind
    A cruel fate indeed ... for each of the Chaos Gods.

Extraordinary Member

Superman One Million has the powers of a 5th dimension imp, IIRC.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Superman One Million has the powers of a 5th dimension imp, IIRC.
    Yeah, he does, albeit a much scaled down version of those. He's got Super ESP and the like but I don't think he has the telepathic chops to resist being psionically assaulted by four Chaos Gods from outside of the bounds of normal space and time.

Like, he and many other Supermen could obliterate the majority of WH40K stuff but... the nature of the Chaos Gods makes them really difficult to assault by conventional means. I'm open to suggestion, but I can't think anything offhand.

That said, I don't think I've every understood what the Thought Robot Superman even does.

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

Does he have to personally beat up every single Chaos God, or is one of the versions that can time travel allowed to like, go way back and stop the Warp from ever getting messed up in the first place?
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BitVyper View Post
    Does he have to personally beat up every single Chaos God, or is one of the versions that can time travel allowed to like, go way back and stop the Warp from ever getting messed up in the first place?
    not sure how he could do that. i mean, unless he could somehow convince the bulk of the eldar to not murder-**** a chaos god into being.

Extraordinary Member

That said, I don't think I've every understood what the Thought Robot Superman even does.
    Basically he is the embodiment of the concept of Superman, who is also 4th wall aware. What that means in practice is that he is literally as strong as he needs to be in order to save the day

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    not sure how he could do that. i mean, unless he could somehow convince the bulk of the eldar to not murder-**** a chaos god into being.
    No I mean before that, like back to the Old Ones. My WH40K lore is weak, but IIRC, it was the Old Ones who kind of messed everything up by spreading all these other races around and creating a bigger impact on the warp. I know there's been at least a couple Supermans that have been able to just zip back arbitrarily far through time, so presumably they could stop the chaos gods from ever being born and then just go punch the Ctan or something. I dunno if that really counts as winning though.

Edit: This presumes bloodlust of course. If it's a non-bloodlusted scenario, I don't think Superman is going to employ "retroactively destroy every Milky Way civilisation before they were created" as a tactic. Although to be fair, WH40K's civilisations pretty much deserve it. Probably be doing them a favour.
    Last edited by BitVyper; 07-13-2019 at 08:54 PM.
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

No I mean before that, like back to the Old Ones. My WH40K lore is weak, but IIRC, it was the Old Ones who kind of messed everything up by spreading all these other races around and creating a bigger impact on the warp. I know there's been at least a couple Supermans that have been able to just zip back arbitrarily far through time, so presumably they could stop the chaos gods from ever being born and then just go punch the Ctan or something. I dunno if that really counts as winning though.

Edit: This presumes bloodlust of course. If it's a non-bloodlusted scenario, I don't think Superman is going to employ "retroactively destroy every Milky Way civilisation before they were created" as a tactic. Although to be fair, WH40K's civilisations pretty much deserve it. Probably be doing them a favour.
    i'd blame it less on the old ones and more on the necrontir who decided to create evil robot gods from space gas because they were pissed at the old ones.

and as TTS magnus said, (not using TTS as canon. just that he explained it a lot better) the chaos gods aren't really something to destroy. each one represents a needed aspect of reality.

Fantastic Member

How does the latter happen without serveral Genocides?
    Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    especially at their most unreasonble