Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Default Amazing Spider-Man #25 Discussion (Spoilers)

So what did everyone think to this issue?
    Nice bookend to year one, I thought, with enough set up for year two.

So I was wrong thinking Kindred could be some big Mysterio plan, but I knew he wasn’t dead so there’s that.

So in Year 2 we can predict:
    Female Sinister 6
    Chameleon
    Mysterio
    More of Boomerang/Kingpin?
    Especially more of Kindred.

And a surprising one...more of Spider-Man 209?

spoilers please?

Astonishing Member

the zeb wells story seem to be a setup for a another spider title similar to marvel team up athough we have 1 already for kamala. when spidey visited dr strange, I was worried he was gonna ask him to mindwipe jameson but I was relieve that wasn't the case. i actually like jameson knowing

Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

I loved it! Great set up for what seems to be an exciting future for Spidey. Mysterio's plan left me intrigued!

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    the zeb wells story seem to be a setup for a another spider title similar to marvel team up athough we have 1 already for kamala. when spidey visited dr strange, I was worried he was gonna ask him to mindwipe jameson but I was relieve that wasn't the case. i actually like jameson knowing
    If there's a new book, it could be announced at San Diego Comic Con. It did seem unfinished, although it could be a standalone about Spider-Man doing to Doctor Strange what Jonah did to him.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Hulk View Post
    I loved it! Great set up for what seems to be an exciting future for Spidey. Mysterio's plan left me intrigued!
    Beat me to it. Would've posted the same thing if you hadn't got in first.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    So what did everyone think to this issue?
    Nice bookend to year one, I thought, with enough set up for year two.

So I was wrong thinking Kindred could be some big Mysterio plan, but I knew he wasn’t dead so there’s that.

So in Year 2 we can predict:
    Female Sinister 6
    Chameleon
    Mysterio
    More of Boomerang/Kingpin?
    Especially more of Kindred.

And a surprising one...more of Spider-Man 209?
    Plus Peter becoming grad student again.

I honestly thought Mj was going to have an acting agency for herself. Peter going back to school again better be the last time and I wonder why Miguel is back to his old costume unless it's his son. Nevertheless it's good to see Spider-Man 2100 again
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    Beat me to it. Would've posted the same thing if you hadn't got in first.
    Sorry, man!

Astonishing Member

I was a bit disappointed. Was expecting something a bit more significant considering the hype and hefty price tag for #25. The MJ story was better in giving her agency and taking on the female Electro in a clever way, but it didn’t seem big enough to put in an anniversary issue. It was still decent though. On the other hand, the Peter/Lizard stuff doesn’t do it for me. All that stuff Pete said about Curt doing everything he can for his son... has Pete forgotten Curt slaughtered his real son and this “Billy” is some Frankenstein’s monster of an undead, reptilian clone? I guess Spencer is hoping we have. One of my biggest issues is I really thought we’d finally get a reveal on Kindred’s ID and feel a bit let down we didn’t. The mystery is starting to drag too much now for my liking and I’m getting impatient for it to come to a head. Anyway... the Wells back-up Jonah story was cute too, even if it was a bit too goofy. The “Spidey story written by a computer” was unreadable dreck though. Overall I’d give the issue a 6.5/10. If it weren’t for the huge price tag, I might bump it to a 7/10.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Hulk View Post
    Sorry, man!
    LOL No need LOL.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    I was a bit disappointed. Was expecting something a bit more significant considering the hype and hefty price tag for #25. I guess Spencer is hoping we have. One of my biggest issues is I really thought we’d finally get a reveal on Kindred’s ID and feel a bit let down we didn’t. The mystery is starting to drag too much now for my liking and I’m getting impatient for it to come to a head.
    Have to agreed again. Granted, Spencer has only been on the title for a year now but still. A lot of people can say the same for the Jackal's secret just before Clone Conspiracy. I am just overall tired of all the secret, behind the scenes villains that always seem to plague the Spider-Man books. Do the X-Men ever have to deal with these type of "masterminds"?

Back to point... lots of red herrings from Kindred. First up is how he is sticking to the wall when he reveals himself to Beck. Kindred again looks very Spider-Man like there.
    Next up are the things he states. He tells Beck he hates killing innocents. With that said, i no longer believe he is the Burglar. His little jab at Beck about "we're all salves to continuity is pretty funny. The second thing that jumped at me was the bold "Just one more chance" and "you'd never make the same mistakes again." Totally reeks of One More Day.

The premise of the Sinister Syndicate seems awfully close to the Serpent Society. A union offering incentive packages and such? I do like the idea of an all-female villain group able to support each other in ways that men can't (or don't), but then wasn't that what the Grapplers were doing all along?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by xpyred View Post
    Have to agreed again. Granted, Spencer has only been on the title for a year now but still. A lot of people can say the same for the Jackal's secret just before Clone Conspiracy. I am just overall tired of all the secret, behind the scenes villains that always seem to plague the Spider-Man books. Do the X-Men ever have to deal with these type of "masterminds"?
    I think you can argue that Xorn (Morrison's run) and Stryfe (more why he looked like Cable than a secret identity) would count, but those are the only two I can think of and they're both a big stretch.

Batman does this a lot - Black Glove, Court of Owls, the conspiracy during Eternal, Bane in the current run, Murderer?/Fugitive, even Luthor at the end of NML, Contagion/Legacy, etc. - but it's happened so often that the reveal really has to land now to affect me, and I think that's kind of the case w/Spider-man. The Hobgoblin mystery probably would have been very effective if Stern had gotten to execute it his way, but I don't think Jackal/Ben was ever going to land with the fans. Kindred may work - I'll not going to assume Spencer will screw it up until or unless he does - but the longer the mystery drags and the more hints/red herrings we're provided with, the more likely some people will either lock in on their own idea/hope and be disappointed when it doesn't land or nitpick the final reveal because all the pieces don't line up (see the Heroes in Crisis finale, for example).
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    The premise of the Sinister Syndicate seems awfully close to the Serpent Society. A union offering incentive packages and such? I do like the idea of an all-female villain group able to support each other in ways that men can't (or don't), but then wasn't that what the Grapplers were doing all along?
    Janice is a lawyer. and she suggested something similar to her male teammates in the Superior Foes book (before being cut off by Boomerang).