Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

The publishers agree about Steve being similar to Clark: Cap was actually merged with Supes in Amalgam.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Fantastic Member Venom Melendez's Avatar

Today's was another good one. The Blade/Misty Knight merger was fantastic.

Why does she exist? Blade was already warped with Elsa Bloodstone, in Weapon Hex's first issue last year. The only other duplicate is Punisher, which was corrected by having it retconned that the Daimon Hellstrom one was merged with Punisher 2099 and not Frank Castle, who was warped with the Power Pack.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Venom Melendez View Post
    Today's was another good one. The Blade/Misty Knight merger was fantastic.
    I was personally more into the Mergiverse 2099, especially Arachknight 2099, Soldier Supreme 2099, and Ghost Panther 2099, but Misty Knightblade was definitely fantastic.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

I've only read Soldier Supreme so far and it's nice to read something like this. It's not taking itself seriously like other series take themselves nowadays.
    The Gypsies had no home. The Doors had no bass.

Does our reality determine our fiction or does our fiction determine our reality?

Whenever the question comes up about who some mysterious person is or who is behind something the answer will always be Frank Stallone.

"This isn't a locking the barn doors after the horses ran way situation this is a burn the barn down after the horses ran away situation."

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    I was personally more into the Mergiverse 2099, especially Arachknight 2099, Soldier Supreme 2099, and Ghost Panther 2099, but Misty Knightblade was definitely fantastic.
    Soldier Supreme 2099 was cool, i didn't expect her to be a merger of Nico Minoru and Captain America Dani Cage.

Dani Cage was obvious - Ewing created her. But yeah, everyone's guesses for her magical side were way off the mark - people were expecting it to be another future AU character, but Strange 2099 got merged with Hulk 2099 to form Weapon Hex 2099 instead, and since she's the only notable magical character in the 2099 continuity, they went with a 616 character.

I notice that Nico Cage doesn't have all of Dani Cage's powers though. She doesn't have the unbreakable skin inherited from Luke, because she needs to bleed to summon her shield like how Minoru used to bleed to summon her staff until recently. Perhaps it just got diluted over the generations, since she'd probably be a great granddaughter of Luke's warp instead of his daughter.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 07-18-2019 at 04:31 AM.

Mighty Member

Has anyone been able to parse the events being merged in the annuals?

"Soldier Supreme" has elements from "Acts of Vengeance" and "War of the Realms". "Weapon Hex" used "Inferno" and....
    Current pull-file: Batman the Detective, Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight, Marvel Dark Ages, Nightwing, Superman Son of Kal-El, Transformers, Transformers: King Grimlock, Warhammer 40,000 Sisters of Battle
    -----------------------------
    - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    The publishers agree about Steve being similar to Clark: Cap was actually merged with Supes in Amalgam.
    Yes, I already know that. Still, it would be cool to merge these two.

Anyway, this series is getting cooler everytime.

I have to say, last issue worried me me because, if Nico Minoru and Danielle Cage are merged, that means their parents could be merged too. That means merging two great guys like Luke Cage and Jessica Jones to a couple of misserable dark wizards like Robert and Tina Minoru. Doesn't make you unconfortable?

I can't wait for next issue, because since a Spider-Man's fan, I'm interested in seeing more about his warped version, Arachknight. I hope to see several more characters combined in his side of Peter Parker's life. I strongly believe that Back Cat could be combined with Midnight into "Midnight Cat". Sounds cool, huh?

Dani Cage was obvious
    Not exactly, since there already is a Captain America 2099 and many assumed that was the Captain America side of Soldier Supreme 2099.

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Yes, I already know that. Still, it would be cool to merge these two.

Anyway, this series is getting cooler everytime.

I have to say, last issue worried me me because, if Nico Minoru and Danielle Cage are merged, that means their parents could be merged too. That means merging two great guys like Luke Cage and Jessica Jones to a couple of misserable dark wizards like Robert and Tina Minoru. Doesn't make you unconfortable?

I can't wait for next issue, because since a Spider-Man's fan, I'm interested in seeing more about his warped version, Arachknight. I hope to see several more characters combined in his side of Peter Parker's life. I strongly believe that Back Cat could be combined with Midnight into "Midnight Cat". Sounds cool, huh?
    Same here, and I loved Arachknight 2099 as a merger of Miguel O'Hara and Philip-Paul Ravage.

Not exactly, since there already is a Captain America 2099 and many assumed that was the Captain America side of Soldier Supreme 2099.
    Two of them, actually. In the original 2099 line, an imposter of Steve Rogers created by the megacorps to discredit Doom 2099 and put them back in charge. In the Secret Wars 2099 and subsequent Spider-Man 2099 relaunch by Peter David, Roberta Mendez. Personally, I liked Roberta Mendez better.

I would guess those people haven't been reading Ewing's books. It was obvious he would use characters he either created or is familiar with where possible (for instance, Ghost Panther 2099 was based on White Tiger, a character from his Mighty and New Avengers teams). Did anyone really think the blonde Roberta Mendez was involved here? Not all the characters are from 2099... Iron Hammer is a warp of Iron Man 2020 and another guy who I think predates the existence of the 2099 continuity.

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Jessica Jones got merged with Janice Lincoln, the Beetle. I don't think we've seen Luke's warp.

Astonishing Member

Jessica Jones got merged with Janice Lincoln, the Beetle. I don't think we've seen Luke's warp.
    No, we haven't seen Luke's warp yet; but after seeing a warp between Daredevil and Iron Fist, this should give us a hint.

Also, I'm not sure Janice Jones is actually Janice Lincoln warped with Jessica Jones. I believe she's actually Janice Lincoln merged with... Rick Jones!! I mean, in the origin story of Little monster, Scott Banner put aside Janice to save her from the gamma radiation, just like Bruce Banner put Rick Jones to safety before being exposed himself.

Astonishing Member

Sorry for double post, but the preview for the next issue ("Secret Warps - Arachknight Annual") is out. Can somebody please upload the pictures here? For some reason, I can't access the page.

I would guess those people haven't been reading Ewing's books. It was obvious he would use characters he either created or is familiar with where possible (for instance, Ghost Panther 2099 was based on White Tiger, a character from his Mighty and New Avengers teams). Did anyone really think the blonde Roberta Mendez was involved here? Not all the characters are from 2099... Iron Hammer is a warp of Iron Man 2020 and another guy who I think predates the existence of the 2099 continuity.

Dargo Ktor, whom I recall from the original Thor Corps and (possibly) a futuristic successor to Thor. Of course, if they were going to go with a future Iron Man as a component for Iron Hammer 2099, Andros Stark might've made more sense, since he was at least from the same decade (2093 as opposed to 2099, then adapted as a 2099 character in Iron Man: Armored Adventures).

As for Ghost Panther 2099, I liked that her origin nodded to the Wakanda/Black Panther-connected White Tiger from the tail end of Christopher Priest's run and later The Crew series, as I've always found that character fairly fascinating.