Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Yes, I already know that. Still, it would be cool to merge these two.

Anyway, this series is getting cooler everytime.

I have to say, last issue worried me me because, if Nico Minoru and Danielle Cage are merged, that means their parents could be merged too. That means merging two great guys like Luke Cage and Jessica Jones to a couple of misserable dark wizards like Robert and Tina Minoru. Doesn't make you unconfortable?
    I don't think you necessarily have to worry about that, Gamora merged 2 souls together, she didn't necessarily merged characters together based on their bloodlines

For instance I don't think Weapon Hex and Speed Weasel have any relation to Diamond Patch

And I don't think there's any known relation between Green Widow and Little Monster

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    I don't think you necessarily have to worry about that, Gamora merged 2 souls together, she didn't necessarily merged characters together based on their bloodlines

For instance I don't think Weapon Hex and Speed Weasel have any relation to Diamond Patch

And I don't think there's any known relation between Green Widow and Little Monster

I get your point, but when Soldier Supreme entered inside M.O.R.D.O.C., he literally saw MODOK and Baron Mordo merged. Anyway, even if they don't share stories together, if we analyze their DNA, I'm pretty sure Diamond Patch will find some genetic link with Weapon Hex and Speed Weasel, probably half from what Laura and her sister has with Wolverine. Remember, we don't know from where they took the DNA to create X-23 as a "vessel", but since I doubt it was a "natural birth", I assume maybe the "High Evolutionary/Blackheart" counterpart stole some DNA from "Diamond Patch". And truth be told, Scarlet Witch and Emme Frost share some psychic abilities.

I get the point of Green Widow and Little Monster too, but we don't know how Green Widow really gained her powers. Maybe the "KGB" stole blood from Little Monster/Scott Banner and injected it to Green Widow; just like Bruce Banner made a blood transfusion to Jen to save her life.

Warpworld just falls apart if you look too closely

I mean, let's say that Luna Maximoff got warped, I doubt her father is going to be Speed Weasel

Fantastic Member Venom Melendez's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post

Anyway, this series is getting cooler everytime.

I have to say, last issue worried me me because, if Nico Minoru and Danielle Cage are merged, that means their parents could be merged too. That means merging two great guys like Luke Cage and Jessica Jones to a couple of misserable dark wizards like Robert and Tina Minoru. Doesn't make you unconfortable?
    Except we already saw who Jessica was warped with. She was merged with Janice Lincoln, the female Beetle.

Plus Jessica has history with Scott Lang, which they did reference since Janice Jones seemed to have feelings for Scott Banner.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Did anyone really think the blonde Roberta Mendez was involved here?
    And Laura Kinney isn't a redhead, what's your point here exactly? Hell, Dani Cage has brown hair. Clearly the black hair came from the magic user in the merger in this case.

So i don't see what her being blonde has to do with anything.
    Last edited by Venom Melendez; 07-18-2019 at 08:18 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post

I mean, let's say that Luna Maximoff got warped, I doubt her father is going to be Speed Weasel
    Yeah, good point. But she can be merged with someone else, and that someone else would be the warp's parents.

Anyway, besides Black Cat and Midnight being merged, I have two more candidates:
    - Shadow Spider (Ty Morales): Cloak and Miles Morales.
    - Spider Light (Tandy Stacy): Dagger and Spider-Gwen.

Yes, I know Cloak and Dagger were already used, but the same can be said for Elsa Bladestone and Knightblade, who are both warps with Blade, the vampire hunter.
    Last edited by Ursalink; 07-18-2019 at 09:53 PM.

Fantastic Member Venom Melendez's Avatar

Except Elsa Bladestone never made an appearance on screen.

Mighty Member

It does not need to hold together though. It is a disposable gimmick that will be used (at most) a few times a year before being forgotten or actively written out. (Marvel would traditionally "forget" tertiary settings like Warpworld, while DC would destroy them. But, there are exceptions on both sides.)

On page, enough of the characters have acknowledged that they and their world are constructs of a lunatic's imagination, which is an all-purpose excuse for things that may be impossible to reconcile.
    Current pull-file: Batman the Detective, Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight, Marvel Dark Ages, Nightwing, Superman Son of Kal-El, Transformers, Transformers: King Grimlock, Warhammer 40,000 Sisters of Battle
    -----------------------------
    - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

Mighty Member

Managed to read "Ghost Panther" and "Arachnight". "Ghost Panther" has shades of "Age of Ultron" (specifically concerns about too many attempts at time travel being dangerous), and "Arachknight" has shades of Hickman's "Avengers" run, with the Squadron/New Universe combination trying to prevent a multi-dimensional disaster by destroying a world.

Next issue looks like a self-referencing riff on the original "Infinity Warps".

This is not great comics. But, as a second tier event, it works well enough.
    Current pull-file: Batman the Detective, Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight, Marvel Dark Ages, Nightwing, Superman Son of Kal-El, Transformers, Transformers: King Grimlock, Warhammer 40,000 Sisters of Battle
    -----------------------------
    - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

Astonishing Member

The "Super-Warps" for final issue looks ultimately crazy. 4 in 1?, only Moon Knight knows how to deal with that. Something funny revealed about the preview:

+ It seems the Tomorrow Man (Artur Zaarko) was merged with Sise-Neg; even if we didn't see it.
    + It seems like the spider who bit Arachknight was actually a merge between Ai Apaec and the Radioactive Spider who bit Spider-Man.

Quote Originally Posted by Venom Melendez View Post
    Except we already saw who Jessica was warped with. She was merged with Janice Lincoln, the female Beetle.
    No, that was Rick Jones warped with Janice.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sirone View Post
    No, that was Rick Jones warped with Janice.
    Yeah, that's what I think too.

Astonishing Member

I find it interesting that they were able to sneak in Acts of Vengeance into the storyline.

Astonishing Member

The "super-warps" would be an interesting idea to explore, although combining 4 characters in the same individual should be done more carefully. There are several examples already:

+ Yologarch: A combination of Ultron, Doctor Doom, Loki and Red Skull. Personally, I would remove Red Skull and replace it with the Super-Adaptoid. And instead of Dr Doom, it coul dbe used a Doombot.
    + Super-Skrull: Clearly, it combines the powers of all Fantastic Four's members. Johnny Storm even had all of them in the Silver Surfer's movie.
    + Mimic: A character who combines the powers of the original X-Men (Cyclops, Beast, Iceman, Angel, Marvel Girl and Professor X). I think I'll remove Professor X and Marvel Girl from the equation.
    + Doom, the Annihiling Conqueror: Dr Doom, Kang the Conqueror and Annihilus combined in the same form. Someone alse should be added to this mix.

Kang's Infinity Warp partner is Ms. Marvel.

Here's the preview for those of you who haven't read it yet.
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/07...ual-1-preview/

When everyone merged, what happened to Speed Weasel?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Kang's Infinity Warp partner is Ms. Marvel.

Here's the preview for those of you who haven't read it yet.
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/07...ual-1-preview/

When everyone merged, what happened to Speed Weasel?
    1º) We already knew that from the first Infinity Warps. We even saw "Ms Kang" (Kamala Kang) being splited into her original selves.

2º) I already saw it, and I can't to wait to see the rest.

3º) Maybe the new fussions take time to happen. The mysterious voice who talked to Weapon Peace in the last picture is going to reveal it.