Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Fantastic Member Venom Melendez's Avatar

Default Secret Warps Annuals

Didn't see a thread for this mini. I'm loving it so far.

Especially since they aren't just merging popular characters.

I loved the USArchmage, the fusion of Kaluu and USAgent in the first issue.
    Last edited by Venom Melendez; 07-10-2019 at 04:32 PM.

Incredible Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar

Default Infinity Warps Annuals

Now that the Soldier Supreme and Weapon Hex ones are out, what do you think of 'em? I wouldn't say they're Ewing's best works ever, but the characterizations and surprise mashups are really entertaining.

The Weapon Hex is issue was great too. The new mergers continue to be fun and rather unexpected.

Weapon Hex's back-up was great. Speed Weasel needs to crossover into 616.

Weapon Hex is fantastic. Something about her costume and style and how the colors saturate the panels in blacks, yellows, and neon chaos magic. It's just _fun_ combat nonsense and bombastic imagery. I mean "Hex marks the spot" with an almost high tech swirling rune scope around the victim? I'm all in.

Wolverine plus crazy spells just means lots of sick poses, claws, and sorcery.

hex1.jpg

hex2.jpg

And that bonus story at the end ... it was pretty much perfect. I legit love Weapon Hex and Speed Weasel in that. So much character and fun.

I will say the "Mergiverse" for me does get a little exhausting because I got to figure out who all these merged characters and items are. Everything, EVERYTHING seems to be merged, not just souls but places, things, it can get a bit much. But everythying else has been too fun regardless.
    Last edited by GrandEleven; 07-11-2019 at 12:25 AM.

It's why i'm glad this time they have a page at the end showing all the mergers and who they are made off.

Though they don't show everyone.

Mighty Member

These annuals are dumb 70s comic book shenanigans. And it's great.

Mighty Member

A combination of the creative team(s) and the fact that the Squadron Supreme is showing up are enough to get my interest. (But, I have yet to read either of the issues that are out.)
    Current pull-file: Batman the Detective, Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight, Marvel Dark Ages, Nightwing, Superman Son of Kal-El, Transformers, Transformers: King Grimlock, Warhammer 40,000 Sisters of Battle
    -----------------------------
    - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

Quote Originally Posted by GrandEleven View Post
    Weapon Hex is fantastic. Something about her costume and style and how the colors saturate the panels in blacks, yellows, and neon chaos magic. It's just _fun_ combat nonsense and bombastic imagery. I mean "Hex marks the spot" with an almost high tech swirling rune scope around the victim? I'm all in.

Wolverine plus crazy spells just means lots of sick poses, claws, and sorcery.

hex1.jpg

hex2.jpg

And that bonus story at the end ... it was pretty much perfect. I legit love Weapon Hex and Speed Weasel in that. So much character and fun.

I will say the "Mergiverse" for me does get a little exhausting because I got to figure out who all these merged characters and items are. Everything, EVERYTHING seems to be merged, not just souls but places, things, it can get a bit much. But everythying else has been too fun regardless.
    Amalgam in the 90s was the same, except this time it's Marvel characters and things merged with each other, instead of with DC characters and objects.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Well, I'm quite interested into next issue with Ghost Panther in the 2099.

Something that confused me was the fact that Punisher seemt to be merged with Power Pack and Hellstorm, but last issue revealed that Daimon was actually merged with Punisher 2099.

So Ewing fixed a continuity mistake. Gotta love that guy's extensive knowledge.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

Didn't plan on picking up these annuals but the fact that Ewing is writing them and that I have a soft spot for amalgam characters drove me to give them a shot and so far I love them. The first two issues have been a total blast and I love the back-up stories in each issue. This series is really an unexpected treat.

Thumbs up!

Astonishing Member

I don't know how, but some people managed to get comics from the week at Tuesday instead of Wednesday. I wish I could be one of them, so I can read the next annual sooner.

I know how. They're comic store employees or owners.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I know how. They're comic store employees or owners.
    I should have known. Well, I guess I will have to wait until Wednesday.

In the "Mergiverse", the fusion between Moon Knight and Spider-Man is literally this world's Batman. Uncle Ben and Aunt May are killed in a similar way to Bruce Wayne's parents. However, I want to believe there's more than this. There are no signs about who could be merged with Uncle Ben and Aunt May, but if I can guess, I will suggest two interesting characters: Ezekiel Sims and Cassandra Web.

Now I want for Arachknight to create his own "Justice League" with fusions worthy of DC's characters. I believe Sentry's and Captain America's mind could create an ideal "Superman"; problem is, Captain America is already taken for Soldier Supreme.
    Last edited by Ursalink; 07-14-2019 at 10:36 PM. Reason: Complement