Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Can we get a "Like" button on posts.

I would love to just "Like" someones post, rather than having to quote and reply just to say I agree. Other forums I am on have Like or Rec buttons. Is this something the Admin can put on threads?
    I am sure other members would like to see this too.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

I think we would rather have community members reply with not just that they agree but also why they agree, thus hopefully driving further discussion.
    "Let me guess. My theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie!"
    @Matt_of_Geek
    Now writing at The Atomic Junk Shop

CBR Community Standards and Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    I think we would rather have community members reply with not just that they agree but also why they agree, thus hopefully driving further discussion.
    And we do. But often we just want to say, I agree.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Yeah, on the flip side it would help cut down on "Thanks...10 char" posts and the like.

I'm not against it or at least trying it out.
    Conn Seanery
    CBR Forums Administrator ~ Ron Swansonite ~ Brock Samson will show us the way
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

"Hnh. Could Bowie have been a mutant?" ~Dr. Doom (Hellfire Gala 2022)

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Is it even available for this kind of bulletin board system?

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Conn Seanery View Post
    Yeah, on the flip side it would help cut down on "Thanks...10 char" posts and the like.

I'm not against it or at least trying it out.
    Exactly Conn. There are times members have simply thanked me for a post, then I have to thank them for the thanks and then.....

I guess it really comes down to how hard it would be to tweak the platform for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    Is it even available for this kind of bulletin board system?

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    I don't know the technical info of these forums, but on other Comic Forums I frequent, there are like buttons.

I think there is a mod for our current version of vBulletin to add Thanks & Like buttons (and possibly more). But I think it may need a dev to get it and install it.
    Conn Seanery

It might help for those situations mentioned by Kirby.

Personally I like it that there are no upvote or downvote options here, and hope it doesn't change.

Quote Originally Posted by Banner View Post
    Personally I like it that there are no upvote or downvote options here, and hope it doesn't change.
    I wouldn't want a downvote. Just a "Like".

Yeah, if we implement this at all we will likely try to avoid any negative buttons.
    Conn Seanery

Quote Originally Posted by Conn Seanery View Post
    Yeah, if we implement this at all we will likely try to avoid any negative buttons.
    Yes, the purpose is to show your support. As for just replying. Some forums notify you when someone replies to a post. Or they are formatted to create sub-threads that put the replies right after the original post. I wouldn't ask CBR to change it's whole format for this. But the "just reply and say something" idea is problematic in that, if I reply days later with a post pages from the original, the original poster might never see my "Like" post.

I understand why you support this, but this can very quickly get old or outlive its usefulness. We don't want to discourage different/unpopular opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    I understand why you support this, but this can very quickly get old or outlive its usefulness. We don't want to discourage different/unpopular opinions.
    It would simple be a count on the number of likes somewhere on the post. Or someplace at the top or bottom that says Kirby101 and The Ray likes this. There would be no "unlike", or negative reaction button. As I said, it's on plenty of other forums, and doesn't prevent a difference in opinion.