Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    The "10char" thing is one of the many reasons for a "Like" button. But even that relates to a "Agree! 10char" response that may be pages after the initial post. Does the OP even see that someone agreed with them?
    As opposed to what?

Seems about as likely as someone going back to see how many "Like"s a post got.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    As opposed to what?

Seems about as likely as someone going back to see how many "Like"s a post got.
    I find it much easier to find one of my posts than responses somewhere in the many pages that follow. Maybe that's just me.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I find it much easier to find one of my posts than responses somewhere in the many pages that follow. Maybe that's just me.
    Think about the number of times someone has posted the exact same news piece in the "News"/"Politics" thread.

I don't even get the impression that folks are following other user's posts all that closely. Never mind going back over their own posts.

I’m in favour of a like button simply because it’s a fun feature. In other boards I’ve used regularly for 10+ years, I’ve never seen it be an issue once.
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Extraordinary Member

I think we need a quote notification. I feel like I've unintentionally ignored so many people.

We have a "notifications" tab? I suppose that's just for PMs?

Why did this thread just die? The debate certainly never came to a conclusion.

Quote Originally Posted by James T. Kirk View Post
    Why did this thread just die? The debate certainly never came to a conclusion.
    Not enough likes on the posts.
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

Quote Originally Posted by LordMikel View Post
    Not enough likes on the posts.
    Like.

Lengthened to at least 10 characters.

In regards to the vBulletin like system, the problem is it's tied in to user reputations and we've never wanted to implement that. If there was a way to add a simple like button that only did just that I wouldn't be opposed to trying it out.
    Conn Seanery
    CBR Forums Administrator ~ Ron Swansonite ~ Brock Samson will show us the way
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

"Hnh. Could Bowie have been a mutant?" ~Dr. Doom (Hellfire Gala 2022)

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Conn Seanery View Post
    In regards to the vBulletin like system, the problem is it's tied in to user reputations and we've never wanted to implement that. If there was a way to add a simple like button that only did just that I wouldn't be opposed to trying it out.
    Ah, I was afraid it was something like that. Those kind of systems are pretty toxic so I'm glad you guys haven't gone that way.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

We need a tech Wizard to help Conn get this done.

Over on the Classic Comics Forum, we have a simple like button. But I get these might be different platforms.

I just think if Jeff Goldblum can get his Apple MacBook to talk to an Alien computer, we should be able to get a like button.
    Last edited by Kirby101; 04-17-2022 at 05:24 AM.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I would think it could be a feature added to the bottom by the reply and quote buttons but it would perhaps require some custom programming. It would be nice to see a like counter on the post just like you have a counter for how many views a thread gets